LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I think I have low blood pressure - What does this mean in regards to oxygen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think I have low blood pressure - What does this mean in regards to oxygen?
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading the mHBOT threads.
Noting Phoiph has mentioned hypoxia.
That got me to thinking.........

My two latest BP readings:
Nov. 87/58 Heart rate 56
Dec. 94/63 Heart rate 66

It's been a couple of years since I have had a pulse-ox test - and they were always normal.
(the finger thingie)

I am starting to wonder........I feel so awful.

Maybe my brain, joints/muscles and organs not getting enough oxygen?

How is this best tested?

FWIW I have an appt. with a hematologist next week.

Oh - would any basic blood tests I have done in the past hint at low oxygen levels - or whatever?

TIA.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your cbc like? Last time you got your blood tested -- are you anemic? What is your hemoglobin number?
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not anemic. H and H in normal range.
I do have macrocytic anemia, though.
Thoughts?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In general terms, Lyme (and other diseases such as cancer) prefers a low oxygen environment, and will strive to keep your body in this state so it can better thrive.

Lyme causes "hypoperfusion". "Hypo" means low, and "perfusion" refers to blood flow, resulting in an inadequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the body's tissues. This deficit impacts functions down to the cellular level, in the mitochondria, where energy is produced.

Here's an article that generally explains the impact of low oxygen levels in the body:

http://selfhacked.com/2015/09/07/why-you-may-be-suffering-from-low-oxygen-and-not-realize-it/

Posts: 1883 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your red blood cells have enough hemoglobin, that means they potentially have enough oxygen to deliver to cells.

Low blood pressure can be caused by a lot of things. One of them is SEPSIS which is unlikely since you are treating, so there shouldn't be much uncontrolled bacteremia.

The other thing that can cause it is POTS. POTS causes low blood volume and it's usually because an illness has caused you to lose control of the salt managing mechanisms in your blood.

No one really knows what to do about this generally. But things that help are things that pump up blood volume, like lots and lots of SALT. Salt pushes up blood volume and that makes it easier for your blood to be pumped through to your heart.

Next time you see a doctor, ask him about medications that increase blood volume. The hematologist can help with that too.

In the meantime, add salt, and when you hydrate hydrate with a tons of electrolytes, see if that doesn't help a little bit.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to use quality sea salt...NOT table salt...
Posts: 1883 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree about needing salt. Sea salt like Himalayan or Real salt. You may be dehydrated so make sure you drink a lot of water.

Coconut water would also be good to add and will give you the potassium needed to balance your electrolytes. I also drank a lot of kefir when my bp was low and that really helped balance my blood sugar as well.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement