LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » You Expereince with a *BioMat* ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Expereince with a *BioMat* ??
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanceLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
One of the really good things that happened this week - someone is sending me a BioMat, full-length with pillow:

https://www.healingartsgarden.com/information/tech/ (I am not peddling these!)

I am looking for input about how to incorporate this into a Lyme and co protocol.

Any time I have done a session on one of these it has been a extremely relaxing, and even deeply

profound experience. (Knowledge, discipline and timing are gunna be key for me, I think, to get the most from this. I do not have access to a sauna.)

Thanks for your input ... for this and my other posts ... you are so kind, and you been down this ong, and winding road!

Posts: 59 | From US | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanceLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ong" = long ....:-)
Posts: 59 | From US | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

I am pleased to say that I have found the search function, and now can target my topics to get the

historical low-down from this fine group. So moving forward, I am feeling more and more up to date.

Thanks, everyone!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sweated out while lying on a biomat.

How long have you had Lyme, if you know? Are you recent or long-term chronic?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also like to hear from others if they were helped in any way by the biomat. Thanks for posting this NanceLynn and good luck to you!
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theresa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Theresa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a biomat and use it almost every night. I've had it about 6 months. before I had my own I would go one to two times a week to use one.

before I had my own I would notice some help when I went for my weekly usuage.

it is very hard for me to assess it now that I have my own because right after I bought it, I started intensive treatment with an integrative md.

I'm talking drainage drops, Byron White drops. Many
supplements. Iv liposome and glutathione 2x a week, with b12 shot, and other homeopathic injections.

This intensive treatment caused so many herxes and side effects ... who knows.

I do believe I would feel worse without given the issues I have.

Dx: lyme, babesia, bartonella, cidp, autoimmune , mono, various other viruses, fungus, parasites.

Good luck with yours. my alternative uses it with great success on cancer patients. It is far more practicalthen having a sauna in your home.

Theresa

Posts: 479 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Hi ...

dbpei ... thanks for the good wishes ....

Robin123 .... My best guess is that I am chronic Lyme. When I finally got an appt with a reputable LLDO in 2014,

she said it looks like I have been sick a very long time, judging my the types of and long

standing symptoms from diagnoses and environments from childhood (in high-risk LD area), am now almost 60. my

Igenex came back + on both charts and and CD-57: 33. Lyme was 'officially' detected in my system in a bioMeridian session in 2009, 2011, and 2015.

So it was 2014 that the Igenex tasking confirmed my suspicions. When puzzling my life together for the disability lawyer, I easily see how these

many diagnoses could easily have been mi-diagnoses.

Yes, I have had BioMat session in the past. Each one has been different, yet every one has been powerfully effective at a number of levels. even

emotional. If reminds me of homeopathic remedies in the gentleness yet power each time. In those

session there waas a practitioner running the settings. I have much to learn about gauging

settings for myself. Co-coordinating with my rife treatments will be interesting, too.

So to answer you question, I did not sweat heavinly on a BioMat, the intent was not just to

sweat, but to first 'get things moving' I could afford only a few sessions, so now that I have

one, the protocol will be adjusted.

therea ... great to hear from a BioMat owner, thanks. yeah, I know what ya mean, when you start

on a number of modalities all at once, there is no tellin' which did what!

I really like your comment, "It is far more practical that having a sauna in your home". All

my earthly goods fit in a small pick up truck - I
hope to keep it that way :-)

The energetic aspects of the BioMat are attractive to be right off the batt - neg ions,

crystal frequencies, etc. All I have had to sleep on for over 2 year are camping air beds, so

this is going to be like having a REAL BED! Just that aspect alone is worth a happy dance jig.

Praying for the right direction and balance and I incorporate the BioMat into a protocol that give

me a foundation for some real forward motion, no matter how slow it may seem, I have been floundering. I know that this is not the be-all-

end-all for the LD and co, but it, along with some other everts that just took place let me

know that my life is in a change of season. Warm thoughts to all; Nance

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, thanks. I was lent one to sweat on. I wrapped myself in a sleeping bag, listened to a CD for one hour, and at the end of the hour, I was sweating. I showered off warm and cool, and took Takesumi activated charcoal to get the bile moving more.

I did it once a week. My doctor told me just to keep going. And suddenly, 6 months later, I was not sensitive to smells anymore! Like smoking, bleach, perfume, cologne, etc - I could handle it. My doctor said I had reached the tipping point of having sweated out enough toxins.

Then the person took back their biomat, and I was given a sauna tent. That's what I have continued to sweat in, and I sweat in half the time - a half hour, since it's 360 degrees around instead of just lying on the biomat.

The two are different products and many enjoy the other benefits that come with the mat. The sauna is just for sweating in, in half the time.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

dbpei, I'll keep y'all posted, it came today.

Theresa, Good to hear that list with that doc ... seems like the drainage drops in combo with the detox aspects of the BioMat might have had some synergy.

Robin123, This is good to hear your experience - there are aisles in stores I avoid for because of the smells! Oh, and perfumes at social events, green with sick not with envy! [Roll Eyes]

Yeah, I had my eye on those sauna tents, until the opportunity to barter for the BioMat came up.

My bioMat JUST came today. I have it running on low on bedroom floor for EMF benefits to start with. I plan to ramp the heat aspect of detox up very slowly; thanks for sharing what you did.

I need to level my sleeping surface (a camp air mattress) so it wont damage the BioMat to sleep on every night.

NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Just a quick update - I have tried sleeping on the BioMat. Whao, that thing is powerful. No way can I sleep all night on it yet.

I tried to think of how to describe it ... I feel like a jar of muddy water in a sonic cleaner. Everything in my gets really stirred up, but in a very organized way.

It feels like it will promote healing in my body, but I gotta build up really slowly, drink mega amounts of water, and time when to take binders.

I am not counting on this to be the magic bullet; but looking at how to do-si-do this amazing gift into the protocols I have at hand.

Also, the instructions indicated that anything other than natural fibers will block or reduce the radiant benefits of the BioMat.

I went to a Korean mini-mall (quite the place) and found an excellent pad for it. Too pricey now, but got my eye on it.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Yes, start slow with anything and ramp up as you can handle something -
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Thanks so much, Robin123! I took it off my air bed, and it is actually more comfy on the floor.
Nance

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't tolerated it very well. We are all different.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Hey Catgirl,
Thanks for sharing your experience ... I agree ... with this and so many other topics/supplements/medications, we are all 'metabolic individuals';

while all input is helpful, it really is a process of personal discovery and application.
All The Best, Nance

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We purchased a FIR Amethyst Bio Mat for our son to try and help alleviate his chronic pain. This was something we had wanted to get for a very long time and was always on the "to do/try" list.

It was a large expense for us (about $450), but we are desperate to get him help. We got the mini size (fits on a chair and is portable), but it is also available in the large size which can be put on one's bed. He sits on it, because he can't lean up against it on the chair due to pain.

After a few weeks of daily use (he ramped up slowly on the time and temperature), he doesn't have pain in his arms, only sensitivity. Now if we can just get rid of the chronic pain in his chest, sides and back!

I should also mention my son is on the Cowden Protocol along with many supplements. He is not using abx now.

As we all know , what works for one does not necessarily work for another.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great that you are noticing some improvement, hopingandpraying. It must be so terribly hard to watch your child suffer with pain. I hope he will continue to improve over time. Thanks for sharing this info to help others.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In large part the BioMat helped me achieve complete remission, which is why I don't post often any more.

My LLMD at the time (one of the tops) strongly encouraged me to get one. It's one of the best things he did for me and I will forever be grateful to him for it!

As already mentioned, 1. it is very powerful therefore starting out slowly is best 2. regular use over time leads to results 3. finding the right distributor will save you lots of money and 4. buying from someone who offers support & has a lot of Lyme experience will help you get the most out of your investment

-D ([email protected])

[ 03-09-2016, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: DolphinLady ]

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome hopeandpraying and DolphinLady! I wish I could handle it (heavy metals). I hope your son gets better hopeandpraying!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl, you're right it's not for everyone. However, you may be starting too fast. I don't know.
Also, you may be able to tolerate at a later time. It made me herx at first, now I can be on it for hours (or sleep on it) and feel great during and after. It really brought back a greater quality of life for me.
One thing is certain, everyone is different! [Smile]

Hopeandpraying, glad to hear your son has less pain in his arms. Has he tried lying on the BioMat while on his side and belly to address the pain in his chest and sides? There are ways to do this comfortably. I hope he continues to make progress!

D ([email protected])

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I see all the layers of this Biomat posted in the first post, I am seriously wondering if this is not working with Orgon energy!!

The layers of metal and poliester/cotton, intermingled, look very similar to what Dr. W. Reich did with his orgone accumulator.

I'm testing orgon type of blankets for the last months, and I know they do something very funny, but it excites me (not sexually, but in a sort of funny energy, as though the EXACT parts that have problem tingle, feel even pain, then pain disappear).

Has anyone here experience with both Biomats and Orgon accumulators or blankets to compare them?

Thank you.!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei Catgirl, and Dolphin Lady - thanks so much for all the good wishes. We'll take any improvement we can get, no matter how small!

It is heartbreaking to see your own child suffer for so many years, more so when you can't hug him and do things together (i.e. go to church, movies, etc.) because of this horrible chronic pain that has turned our world, especially his, upside down!

Ideally, he should lie down on the Biomat, but he can't even put it behind him on the chair and lean up against it! He sits on it instead and has now worked up to using it daily for 1-2 hours.

Btw - the one we purchased is a mini Biomat, not the full one which fits on a bed.

I learned about the FIR Biomat right here on Lymenet. God bless all who are willing to share information to help others and am so very grateful for that. I try to do the same.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Greetings all, and thanks all for comments.

I am taking time on a BioMat daily. I am able to do the lowest temperature ranges (112F, 122F), have not done an 'infrared sauna' set up with it yet (158F).

I have the full mat, which is on the floor in my room. Though it is a harder surface, it feels better on the floor than the to have the BioMat on the camp mattress air bed.

My goal is to do a detox just prior to my next round of abx.

As I slowly ramp up the temps and duration for the purpose of doing sweats, I do notice interesting subjective energetic sensing.

I really like measurable testing, with empirical results, yet I do not discount the more subjective aspects of experiences with therapeutic devices such as this.

The picture I have to describe is as though a jar of muddy water, a colloidal suspension, is placed on a sonic vibrator to more quickly settle the strata. It feels like my body is being called to a calibration.

Sometimes I fall asleep on the mat, especially when the temp is below 122F I wake up very groggy, aware of 'stuff' moving about.

I have researched a number of the distributors websites. I'll post here if I find Lyme related information.

One point that I have found interesting if the prevention of red blood cell aggregation when using the BioMat, as shown in live blood cell analysis.

Here is a list of instructional .pdfs https://www.biomathealth.com/images/PDFs/

In this list, look at the bottom for livebloodcell_biomat.pdf

More later,
Nance

qkcam
Member # 45133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qkcam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
wondering for those of you have have tried usig the biomat what protocol with it did you follow?
also did you notice any off gassing with the new ones?
is this normal?
thanks
cb

Posts: 34 | From california | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akiva
Member # 49286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the Biomat on a 6 setting about 1/2 hour a day. I can't handle any more than that. I don't notice any offgassing.

The Biomat mechanism of action is very mysterious. It may have some orgone properties, as Brussels mentioned. However, orgone materials aren't usually electrified. I have an orgone blanket and it seems to have some similar effects to the mat.

The mat is also supposed to generate negative ions, but those are easy to smell, and I smell nothing from the mat.

Posts: 1 | From Berkeley CA | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative ions: the earth also is negative, and it doesn't smell.

I don't understand the negative ion thing of the biomat, but I don't think you need to smell the ions to be sure.

Some people use the mat OFF, and still feel the effects. Probably the electricity just boost the treatment?

Or turn on different parts of the layers of the mat, increasing its effect?

Question: what makes people STOP using the mat(like, difficult to handle)?

It's just curiosity, I'm trying to understand it (I don't have one, that's why I'm asking).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement