LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HBO2 TX (Hyperbaric O2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HBO2 TX (Hyperbaric O2)
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried HBO2 - Hyperbaric O2 and gotten relief from MCS or EHS as well as Lyme?

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phioph has thread on mhbot ...there are chambers here in town a friend did 90 dives and didnt see gains but some say it helps abx penetrate deeper. .idk for mcs have you tried histamine /mast cell angle?

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
linky123...

I am 100% well now, thanks to mHBOT. Others are having success as well.

The thread is long, but I would suggest reading all of it if you are considering mHBOT:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/125201?

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done 71 dives. I think it has definitely helped overall with Lyme and co. but it wasn't curative.

Unfortunately, I do not think it helped with MCS though. In fact, I became chemically sensitive while doing HBOT. (I don't think hbot caused that... just think it was coming and the hbot didn't stop it).

hbot is supposed to help with detox though and we are all different, so you never know.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WPinVA...

Just to clarify...

If I recall, you did 71 sessions of clinical HBOT (not lower pressure mHBOT), and you were also doing antibiotic therapy at the time, is that correct?

If so, I would consider that a very different therapy than long term mHBOT...

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question was about HBOT in general.

I have done both - mild (1.5 ATA) as well as higher pressure.

I did not know you were tracking my treatment. Huh!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I try to keep track of anyone I can who is doing mHBOT or HBOT so I can learn more about what works (or what doesn't work) for people...

I know the question was about HBOT, but I was trying to clarify, as many times people confuse HBOT with mHBOT, and they are VERY different treatments, with different applications, that yield different results.

In my case, long term, consistent mHBOT was curative for severe Neurological Lyme, coinfections, MCS, and more. When I say "long term", it was over a year of consistent, daily treatments before I considered myself well...and I have improved greatly even since then.

From the cases I have been tracking for the last 3 years, the greatest success with chronic illness has come from long term, consistent mHBOT. Short term, higher pressure treatment has not shown the same success for chronic illness; however it is the treatment of choice for many other conditions.

I feel the distinction is important, because people generally don't understand that if short term HBOT or mHBOT doesn't work for someone, it may not have been the right protocol...and may disregard the treatment in general.

purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a short update,

32 dives completed now [started Nov. 19th] at 16ft [a few at 14ft] and I'm not really sure if any improvements as I'm on other treatment protocols also.

have noticed my lower body gets particularly cold while in session and most of that day
I live in hope of something positive coming out of this

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph --

with mhbot do you think that taking abx concurrently is not beneficial?

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

With chronic Lyme, my general observation has been that the people who are on less drugs, supplements, and (in some cases) less detox therapies to begin with are at an advantage, as there are less potentially toxic substances being ingested or released that have to be eliminated. Otherwise, it is like bailing out a boat with a hole in it...

That said, I'm not advocating for people to immediately quit their antibiotics/drugs when starting mHBOT.

What has worked for some who are on antibiotics, is to start mHBOT and continue for a period of time to provide support to the body, and when stronger, gradually begin to wean off of antibiotics/drugs as is appropriate (with doctors approval).

During this time, a major focus would also be on healing the gut and supporting the nervous/immune system via diet/nutrition.

The next phase would be ongoing, consistent mHBOT, continued nutritional support, and adding graded exercise as able.

There are circumstances where antibiotics are indicated along with HBOT (e.g., non-healing wounds), but when someone is in a weakened state from years of chronic illness/toxicity, and detoxification pathways are already challenged, it doesn't make sense to continue to add toxins to the mix.

mHBOT has anti-pathogenic properties in its own right, and strengthens the immune system so it can do it's job.

Although this is a major benefit, it is not just about "chasing bugs" when Lyme goes chronic. At that point there is much more to the picture (e.g., inflammatory response, hypoperfusion, nervous system dysfunction, etc.), all of which mHBOT benefits...

[ 02-14-2016, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Phoiph ]

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that Phoiph. I think that sounds balanced.
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement