LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » no more abx....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no more abx....
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having awful pain under right side (if you look at me right side, but it's my left side. sorry always get confused on this) and in lower left abdomin. well across whole abdomin. diahreaa that smells like somebody died. anywhooo...

pain also underboth breasts but mostly right side. 24/7. never stops...ever. now only vicodin touches it.

so I try another round of high dose flagyl and biaxin. tears me up so bad I can't continue so dr switches to amoxy 875 twice per day. after 4 days am so ill back to dr. pancreas and liver enzymes through the roof, spleen enlarged. feel like total crap.

dr says no more abx for while until enzymes down. if they don't come down on their own, looks like hospital stay and even more surgery.

I dread this. can't treat but cant not treat either. what a mess.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were you taking abx for diverticulitis or for Lyme?

I'm so sorry you are so miserable. Sounds like a lot of pain. Do what the doctor says to do!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is my third severe attack since I had my surgery in 14. but this one has been going on for weeks. abx don't seem to be working only making me sicker...dr said I'm risking c diff as I've had so many in last six months. I'm taking 50 million per day plus my supplements.

if this continues he said they'll have to take out more colon. oh lord.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you can get over it soon. Very sorry to hear. Does not sound good. [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smelly diarrhea could be c-diff. It is notorious for that. Have you been tested recently?
Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is advice from the Peanut Gallery: I had smelly diarrhea (like water) for months and started taking Jarrow Jarrodolphilous which are capsules that you have to keep refrigerated. I added two other probiotics - did that for about two weeks and then read that if you take probiotics too long it can cause problems too so I stopped three days ago and now my movements are normal and no odor.

But for all the other problems, I wonder if maybe your body needs a break. I wonder if an LLMD who uses herbal treatment could help you or if you could wean off the abx and do the Buhner Protocol with your LLMD's help. The homeopathics are the easiest on your stomach. I flavor mine with tsp of white grape juice which I keep in the freezer. My body likes it better if it doesn't taste like hay.

Either way, I found that I have to cushion any abx or herb that I take with a heaping tsp of yogurt and then I can take it with no pain (and I had severe Gastritis last year). I use either Walmart's large container of Great Value Vanilla Plain Yogurt or Dannon Plain Yogurt with Vanilla Flavoring. Both have a good taste.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi, I would also stop abx. It's too aggressive for the gut.

Have you tried liver Reflex massage (right foot)? It usually helped me to soften the liver. Or the fastest way to unblock the liver is high frequencies (violet ray or a PEMF device).

Probiotics as suggested can only help, if you can test the strain is best (as sometimes we take the wrong strains, that we do not need....).

I would add, no doubt, Rechtsregulat that is a blend of high quality fermented enzymes from different vegetables and fruits.

Rechts is really something that I use to support my health in many ways: thinning blood, giving the body enzymes, it helps on all types of metabolism, thinning catarrh, healing inner wounds, or even skin wounds, you name it.

Rechts combined with good probiotics, then you add binders for the gut (like chlorella or MSM), you get pretty much a lot done, if you are already on allergy free diet. (also muscle tested).

That 'diet' will deal with gut wall inflammation.

So sorry to hear your gut is in big trouble. I am also using schussler salts to help nutrition (taking in good minerals). Very inexpensive, no side effects. I take all Schussler salts at once, the product is called Drufusan (in Germany...).

One thing you could also do, if your body stands it, is fasting. You can combine some ayurvedic fasting or so, it is very powerful to re-set a lot of things in the body.

I am extremely thin, but I managed to fast quite a few times in my life. I always had good experiences. Now I do not do a total fasting every day, but I end up eating a fruit a day. And that is it.

Fasting corrected even my hunger patterns: like before, I was hungry before bedtime (for decades...), and the first time I fasted, when I stopped it, I now avoid eating in the evening: not hungry anymore. I'm hungry in the morning and at lunchtime. And I feel much better eating this way.

Before fasting, I just didn't feel hungry in the morning...

The violet ray really helped my liver and gut. I still use it very often to help my organs.

I'm crossing my fingers you find some solution and no more surgery.... [Frown]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear Randy....so so sorry for this turn of circumstances...I will be asking the Lord to help you out.

Dang it!

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement