LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » loss of appetite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: loss of appetite
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My constant anxiety/depression is killing my appetite. I don't want to eat anymore.

The anxiety meds don't help with that.

Any ideas for something easy and somewhat nutritious to eat? preferrably a liquid. Are those boost drinks bad for you?

I just don't have it in me to make myself eat the way I should. Eating is a chore. I just want to get it over with so I'm not hungry anymore.

I'm losing weight and feeling really weak.

I see a psychologist this week. I hope it helps.

Besides eating better, anything help with this weak feeling?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I had loss my appetite and started wasting away to nothing, my husband convinced me to buy Ensure Nutrition Shakes. The strawberry flavor is really good.

Maybe you can start off with a nutritious breakfast; it's easy to fix a boiled egg and some toast and have some high pulp orange juice. Simply Orange is delicious.

I still don't have enough appetite to have three meals a day, so I have a nutritious breakfast and a nutritious late afternoon meal. So that it will be special, go to a deli (Harris Teeter) and

buy a small quantity of something to look forward to plus a small quantity of a vegetable like green beans to cook fresh. Add a few grapes and a glass of Almond Milk and you've got a pretty good meal.

Lyme and psych meds often don't mix well. I have a NAC capsule twice a day. Depression and anxiety are from Lyme and all the coinfections. I got rid

of that or at least beat them back with Buhners Herbal protocol.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the NAC help with depression?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, I don't think so. Here is what I found:

NAC is thought to help the body make the enzyme glutathione, which is a powerful antioxidant.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/3/the-chemistry-of-calm/Page-02

Good point. It's a powerful antioxidant and helps the body make glutathione but go to the above link and it explains how it treats depression and anxiety plus NAC protects the liver and

lessens mucous in the body which helps clear biofilm. Also if you google NAC for Anxiety you'll find several sites that have amazing information on it.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dali
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

I truly hope you are able to get a handle on your anxiety.I went through a period of crazy unmanageable anxiety (due, I think, to brain swelling or infection). I lost my apetite and dropped weight. I survived with highly nutritional protein shakes with vitamins and other supplements. They have really good ones. Ensure and boost are good (get the ensure/boost PLUS) but consider buying powedered drinks that have additional nutrients, healthy fats, and probiotics. Try to eat what you can-nutritious soups, perhaps? Juices? Nutrition is critical for maintaining health, conquering anxiety, depression, etc. Good luck My anxiety and weight loss resolved with antibiotic treatment. I am still in treatment with other symptoms, but the anxiety was the worst. Look into natural anxiety supplements-NOW GABA helped me alot, you can order it through amazon.Take care and bless.

Posts: 172 | From ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement