LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please help. I'm so very sick!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help. I'm so very sick!!
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been off and on clindamycin for a while now. I know that's not how you're supposed to take it but it's made me feel so bad. I took my last dose Thursday and I've been feeling okay considering this past week.

Friday afternoon I started feeling very tired and then I started having muscle twitching severe weakness short of breath upset stomach loss of appetite and feeling really bad like a flu.

I went to the hospital yesterday CBC and electrolytes which were okay. I have no idea what to do my stomach is so upset I can't eat and I'm so very very weak. If it were my tooth making me this sick would it show up in my blood work? Wbc was normal.

I don't know whether to stay off the antibiotics or to take some. i am afraid of them. The er doc said it sounded like a reaction to clindamycin but dismissed c diff.

Could being on constipating meds and long use of activated charcoal cause c diff to go unnoticed?

Any ideas?
Something is wrong and I'm really scared.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As you've been off antibiotics for a few days, and your stomach is so upset, I would not take them now.

I would take GINGER capsules. Until you can get someone to get those for you (a top brand) . . . the ginger in your spice cabinet will serve to mix in a little cool water, add some warm water then and maybe a tiny touch of honey - or stevia.

Or a Ginger Tea. But the tea will not have the therapeutic dose high enough for the full effect. Capsules are best. The tea can burn a bit if esophagus is tender. Follow with clear water.

Peppermint tea may help, start weak as sometimes the oils can be a bit strong if your gut is tender.

Quinoa FLAKES as a food, mix in very hot water and cover for a gruel of sorts. You can add savory herbs like a small bit of thyme (not too much as it can be strong) . . . or a little stevia and vanilla.

Hopefully, you have on hand:

Slippery Elm

DGL tablets - the most important (a kind of licorice)

Marshmallow Root

hope you feel better.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/important-herbs/ginger-rootrhizome-zingiber-officinalis.html

GINGER

Some promising links pop up with a Google search of:

ginger "c. diff"
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
If you are at all concerned about c. diff, be sure never to take a PPI - proton-pump inhibitor.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131809;p=0

C difficile - prevention
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
?

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=114859;p=0#000000

FOOD POISONING - Reference and Educational Links
-

high brix
Member # 23676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for high brix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 2 weeks ago, I felt really sick from eating conventional bread which I now suspect had glyphosate in it. I had gut issues and loss of appetite for a couple of days. I usually eat organic spelt or gluten free bread but I took a chance on regular bread when eating out and lost. This triggered a bad episode of depression/anxiety.

"Glyphosate has a number of devastating biological effects including gut inflammation. It is showing up virtually everywhere, in blood and urine samples, breast milk, drinking water and more."
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/03/22/monsanto-glyphosate.aspx

[ 05-01-2016, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: high brix ]

Posts: 58 | From east coast | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to tell what is going on but if you feel something is wrong, then you need to follow your gut.

If it was that hard to take the clindamycin and you were going on and off of it your body may have adapted to it. You might just need a change in meds. But if you don't think your body can handle the abx then maybe it's time to try something else.

You might ask your doc to run all the lyme and co infection tests again too. Your doc will know what to do.

It does sound like babs if flaring too.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible you caught something? Apparently enterovirus is going around here.

Perhaps take takuna, elderberry, vitamin C etc and see if that helps?

A lot of times when I feel so much worse and panic, it turns out to be that I caught a bug.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that as hard as it is, try not to panic, but also listen to your gut and go to the doc or ER if you have any doubts.

My first instinct is to panic and think I'm regressing or something. This actually happened to me about a week ago and I went into complete panic mode. It turned out to be a flare up, reaction to a med, Or PMS-or all three-- who knows.

We are here for you. [group hug]

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this for a tooth infection? How many days have you taken it .. or how many days left to take it until you are finished?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh right, the tooth - that could be it. Are you still planning to have it pulled? When?
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
When I suggested you lay off the antibiotic, I did not realize you have an infected tooth.

While if your stomach can't tolerate the Rx, I don't see how you can continue, an infected tooth complicates things. You will likely be okay off the Rx until Monday morning when you can call your dentist.

You might try some topical tooth application with Clove Oil (it's always been too hot for me). Many say that really helps.

There is also a plant called the "toothache plant"
- that or other possibilities would take some time to properly research and you may not feel like that now so many a friend or family member could help, I hope.

If you have some good herbal antimicrobial that might cover some bases until tomorrow - as a capsule or tincture - that might be of help.
-

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the problem I took the clindamycin for like three days then stopped and then took it for a few days and I wasn't taking full dose.

I didn't think I could feel worse but I was wrong.

I took the last dose of clindamycin late Thursday night and started feeling really tired Friday afternoon. Horribly sick since Saturday.

very very weak and upset stomach, can't eat, can't move around much. I was afraid I have c diff. now I'm just afraid I have messed around too long and I might not get through this.

My dr. gave me an rx to amoxicillin but i have a history of a rash from it and could be allergic but she suggested I try it anyway??

My fear and reluctance to stick with these horrible meds has put me in a position i am afraid i can't get out of.

How do other people do it. force themselves through that kind of herxing?

it's scheduled to be pulled thursday but how am i supposed to get it pulled when im not sure i can walk into the dentist?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courage.. in the face of fear...digital hugs gigimac

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nursejed1
Member # 25155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nursejed1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I feel very nauseated I realize I have forgotten my probiotics ! Especially after being on antibiotics be sure you are on a good strong probiotic to give you the good flora in your intestines. like 50 billion live organisms to keep candida yeast not getting too high. God bless.
Posts: 61 | From wilton | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement