LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » At the hospital again yesterday :( new finding pics included

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: At the hospital again yesterday :( new finding pics included
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is killing meeeee. Whatever it is. So I have mastoiditis in my brain (missed that diagnosis last week when I had cat scan. Was only told about the rhinus sinusitis. And supposedly this is pretty serious. I am prescribed augmentin bUT since deathly afraid of antibiotics I haven't been taking it much.

Wasn't told about it by er doc either, only about the rinUS sinisitus)

Also no wonder the top of my left ear hurts when wearing glasses and I've lost some hearing in right. Ughhhhhh idk how to get these abx in me. I'm not crazy, but my body has serious allergic/adverse reactions to everything since my 'incident'

Also eosinphils back down, way down actually since once again my neutrophils are extremely high (over 80 percent) and gfr back up?! Up 25 points in a week. I don't get it.

Here is what's scaring me! I have 3 debts on my forehead that just popped up out of nowhere! No no no. I can't deal w being deathly sick aND now my face being distorted ! I can't. Like seriously cannot

Pics being uploaded below. Please any ideas of how to get rid of this. Only new med I've taking is prednisone zofran and dilaudid.

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
mastoiditis can be very painful. Though it can make the whole head hurt, it's not in the brain, so that's the good news.

Dents (?) on your forehead could be due to inflammation. That makes sense with the ear tissue swelling, too, that your face would also swell and leave imprints from pressure.

"of how to get rid of this?" Antibiotics that specifically target the mastoid are vital, consistently, at the proper dose. Other things to help: a warm compress, drinking water, and know that this can get better.

If you are having reactions to the Rx, be sure to talk with your doctor so that some other choice might be explored.

I had all kinds of mastoid infections for a while and now that's just a blip on the screen. Take care.

http://healthfixit.com/mastoid-process/

Mastoid illustration
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Me a few days ago

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

-

Me now

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Thanks Keebler ! So augmentin will get rid of these dents, hearing loss, and severe tension migraines if I take it? Any other herbal/homeopathic help? I swear these indentations just appeared after my 9 hour nap. So suddenly! I have been unable to sleep since Saturday due to steroids before today.

I'm so scared they will be permanent. It doesn't matter what they put me on. I have allergic reactions and adverse reactions to all antibioticd due to metabolic disorder from toxicity (I know this, not diagnosed though) not even dilaudid takes away all the pain even in high doses! (Just an ex)

--------------------
Back At It

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My thinking cap just delivered: Ginger tea might help ease some of the inflammation. Even just from your spice jar - a little bit, mush up in cool water for a paste and then add the hot water, maybe a tiny bit of stevia, a sprig of mint or some lemon.

Ginger can be stimulation for some, so maybe not too much tonight. Drinking of hot tea can help from the inside and ginger is very nice for the inner ear tissues.

With a warm compress on the outside . . . or maybe some caster oil (just be careful of your pillow case) . . . . I hope you can get some rest and then work out the Rx with doctor tomorrow.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

And I think it said mastoid air sacs clearly visible. (Don't have paperwork handy) does this mean it's spread to the brain now?

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

And also I have every sx of meningitis but since I haven't had a fever in 15 years, they won't test/diagnose anything. It's now 98.6 though not 97.1

Plus the burning face, extreme nausea, severe chills, and eye pain that I've never had. Even B4 lyme

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Keebler your the best! Gonna go look for some of those things now

--------------------
Back At It

droid1226
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd take one problem at a time & get back on the augmentin even at 1/4 dose. Just make sure you're detoxing as much as you can. It'll likely get rid of hearing/ear tenderness & could very well help the forehead thing which I've had(when I was on prednisone).

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
" mastoid air sacs clearly visible. (Don't have paperwork handy) does this mean it's spread to the brain now?" (end your quote)

No. Mastoid air sacs are in the photo I sent, see half way down to the anatomy of the mastoid region, all back behind the ear, outside the brain. It is GOOD that the mastoid air sacs are clearly visible. You WANT That.

The photos posted after my last post was entered. I can't say about your forehead but it looks like maybe some scratches and the tissue beneath is inflamed.

Do you have a cat? Or maybe you scratched yourself and it just didn't break the skin much but "bruised" the tissue. just a guess.

I can't say for certain the Rx will fix all, if you are having trouble with it. With mastoiditis, treatment is important. That was my point.

Try some easy to digest food to protect your stomach with the abx, plenty of water so it does not get stuck in your esophagus, keep your torso upright for a half hour and then settle down for sweet dreams.

Tonight, treatment also includes getting some good sleep. Hopefully, there will be a corner to turn soon. Take care.
-

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the mastoid air sacs are clearly visible, that is a good thing. Sometimes infection can make the mastoid bone and its air sacs unable to be seen.

"One of the most important structures in your inner ear is the mastoid bone. Although it’s called a bone, the mastoid doesn’t have the typical structure associated with other bones in the human body. The mastoid bone is made of air sacs and resembles a sponge, rather than being solid and rigid like most bones."

http://www.healthline.com/health/mastoiditis#Overview1

Infection in the mastoid bone (in the inner ear) is SERIOUS so you need to take the antibiotics or get another one that you are able to take. This is a serious infection! Treat it with oral antibiotics now and get it cleared up so your troubles--dents, hearing loss, and migraines--will be over.

Don't treat it and you could be in for very big trouble. You don't want to have surgery or even die from this infection!.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get those dents ,its low blood pressure for me ...and slow capillary refill ..i think it does have to do with angio-renin system of kidneys ...is your pee foamy and often ....high dose salt before i resort to inhaled alderosterone from hong kong..

.there was a time after my incident when my hands would stay indented if i carried some th ing heavy or push a button ...weird stuff ...i once had an agent now i just want to be ok in grocery store check elbows on desk it wrinkles

from cloths ...do socks leave indents?..it mag have to do with nitric oxide levels in gut too..idk just ideas ...i too am being disfigured from lyme

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement