LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » having pneumonia -anything xtra to do if it's from mold exposure?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: having pneumonia -anything xtra to do if it's from mold exposure?
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so I posted on another thread about my recent mold experience.... just got dx yesterday that I now have pneumonia.

I was feeling like I got rebit with RMSF or bart or something for like a week before or so- could this have been the pneumonia starting? I have not had it before so this is new to me.

I have all these sx I found on a mold sickness site:
-- Symptoms Associated with Mold-Associated Illness:

Fatigue and weakness
Headache, light sensitivity
Poor memory, difficult word finding
Difficulty concentration
Morning stiffness, joint pain
Unusual skin sensations, tingling and numbness
Shortness of breath, sinus congestion or chronic cough
Appetite swings, body temperature regulation,
Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
Red eyes, blurred vision, sweats, mood swings, sharp pains
Abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating
Tearing, disorientation, metallic taste in mouth
Static shocks
Vertigo, feeling lightheaded

I thought a lot of my sx were B12 def. but my bloodwork is al lnormal range (although a recent drop in lymphocytes and although I am on a restrictive diet and am probably malnourished. I think now that many of my linguring sxx have been mostly all from mold?

our house is full of it. we cannot move.

so...anyone here ever have similar situation? mold/tick disease recovery/pneumonia? should I do more because of thhe tick disease history for the pneumonia?

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, your lymphocytes were low.... are neutrophils or monocytes raised or slightly raised?

With a bacterial infection, neutrophils and monocytes are often raised. If they are in normal range, that could suggest your pneumonia is not bacterial.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If partially diagnosed with test from body fluids,

What KIND of pneumonia? Viral or Bacterial? And/or due to inhalation of particulate matter? Mold?

Can they determine those things? In light of your recent window / mold & dirty insulation extraction, did you tell the doctor about that?

On the test result, there should be a word that comes before it such as for two different kinds of bacterial pneumonia - "mycoplasma" pneumonia or "chlamydia" pneumonia, etc.

There can be various strains. You need to know what strains of various kinds of infections that cause pneumonia.

Did they listen to your lungs with a stethoscope?

Did they do a chest x-ray?

Are you coughing?

I assume the diagnosing doctor wrote you a prescription? So, just follow their instructions and stop everything else, other than basic liver support, adrenal support.

It's important to not have competing Rx right now.

Probiotics, timed hours away from Rx are still vital, though.
-

[ 07-18-2016, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: "anything xtra to do if it's from mold exposure?"

Yes. From another recent thread of yours where you say: "pulled years old insulation"

for convenience, copying my reply over there, you must seek professional consult for mold remediation, etc.

The exact brand, type and year of insulation should be identified so you know what you are working with from that aspect . . .

and some kind of sample of mold should probably be tested to identify that, too.

http://lisanagy.com

Lisa Nagy, MD - expert in matters of mold

(She is NOT A LLMD, however, she understands the kind of toxicity issues faced by many with lyme. She did not have lyme but overcame very serious MCS. She spoke at the 2011 & 2012 annual ILADS conferences.)

http://ciin.org/

CIIN - Chemical Injury Information Network

http://www.ei-resource.org/columns/multiple-chemical-sensitivity/

Environmental Illness Resource
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TNT:
So, your lymphocytes were low.... are neutrophils or monocytes raised or slightly raised?

With a bacterial infection, neutrophils and monocytes are often raised. If they are in normal range, that could suggest your pneumonia is not bacterial.

ugh, really?? yes, they were slightly raised.... this change though has only happened in the last 2 weeks. would it happen that fast with pneumonia? they think the pneumonia just started as it was small.

so if it's viral then I could have been giving to everyone?????

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:
-

What KIND of pneumonia? Viral or Bacterial? And/or due to inhalation of particulate matter? Mold?

Can they determine those things? In light of your recent window / mold & dirty insulation extraction, did you tell the doctor about that?
Did they do a chest x-ray?

Are you coughing?

It's important to not have competing Rx right now.

Probiotics, timed hours away from Rx are still vital, though.
-

so--nothing to get the mold out of me? before I went in to medical I took the dia earth. so i guess that was ok. i am feeling pretty bad. very ill. and my temp keeps going up and down. like 96.7-99.9,

no it was not a dr. it was a PA which I have always had terrible experiences with where I live, but i was desperate and didnt want the ER really. my SIL just got out of hopstial with staph from a routine stent put in!

they did xray. nothing else. dx by xray. didnt' even push for that. made it seem like I was fine because (again) I "looked too good" .

I told them about my mold exposure and she said you can't get pneumonia from mold and I kow that is not true. I was giong to ask for a sputum culture but I forgot.

I am not really coughing. I have some spasms here and there.

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Lisa. I hope you'll get better soon.

What a story...

I had a mini copy cat from what you are going through, through mold in clothes.

Not as radical as you, though, but pretty bad to make me feel tired, stuffed nose, anxiety etc.

What I do is this: I take the mold in a very wet cotton ball, and put a couple of drops in a small bowl.

I add vodka, about half-half the amount with the original mold solution, so that some of it is killed.

Then I do my homeopathic dilutions, that I test energetically. Usually, dr. K uses these dilutions for pollen allergy: D3, D4, D5, D6, then D12 or so...

You may use more diluted solutions (instead of the D, decimal, you can use the M, thousandth). It means, you just put one drop of the moldy solution in half a cup of water or so, then succuss it . Take a drop from it, throw everything out, then add again half of cup of water.

Do that about 3, 4, 5, til 10 times or so. I usually like from dilution M3 forward. Very mild. You got to take it many times to feel how this helps. The D3, D5 above, you also have to take it a few times.

So , these are nosodes, made from the exact thing that causes you problem. Some people are afraid of nosodes, but if you use the M dilutions, done by hand, you'll understand that there is barely anything inside after you dilute it 3 times.

The air you breathe probably has more spores than the water solution...

I've been using pollen nosodes, or mold nosodes for a looong time. Really. I usually need it for one day, or a couple of days. But I use them from day 1, when symptoms start.

I don't know how much you know about homeopathy, but dr. K. also uses that, for decades, literally (for mold, I 'm not sure, but for pollen, yes).

For mold I know he uses Sanum nosodes, but you got to find which nosode to use, energetically tested... I have all Sanum home, but for mold and pollen allergy, when I know the cause, my own nosodes work MUCH better than Sanum.

If you need help, send me a PM.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

brussels, I see- this is sort of like allergy shots in a way. I had them for years. I don't mind nosodes. used them in the past.

my question is this- how does that small diluted amount help when (in the mold case) I am surely inhaling it and probably digesting it anyway through moisture in the air if you think about it. isn't that enough exposure? why does the nosode work and not just living in it?

wouldn't the nosode have to work best if I were removed form the mold first?

that I cannot do. or probably wont until im almost dead. there is no where for me to go that is convenient.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

OK, so this is what the dr office told me....

I have bacterial pneumonia . I asked how they knew without a test and she said the radiologist stated where the pneumonia is located in my lung determines this.

sounds kooky to me, but what do I know.

the abx seem to be working. I have tons more energy- even more than I've had in the past month. so maybe this was starting a while ago? all this stinkin mold here.

lungs are burning still though but been told that could last long. stairs are very hard.

I asked if it was something "thing" in there that started it how would they know- like a fly or particle. she said they would have seen that in xray. hope this is true.

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, that is the secret of homeopathy!!

It's not the dilution only, but the succussion.

If you just dilute, it's fine, but if you succuss, then you got your homeopathic remedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMK_wLYKpF0
(20 second video showing succussion)

If you think too much, homeopathy makes little sense.

If you do and take it, you can see what it does.

Dr. K is no fool. Nor all the companies producing homeopathic remedies for more than a century. I still find homeopathic products over the counter here in Europe.

The US has banned homeopaths in the past, and you guys have no experience with it...

But it may be too late for you to treat with nosodes now (as your problem started as allergy, but now turned to infection).

So now you probably need both treatments, only one will not solve.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wash cloths and whatever you can with Vinegar- I had a Very moldy house and it helped Alot-

I used a garden pump sprayer and sprayed inside house with cheap Vinegar -
it helped - walls floor cabinets everything

wish I had done it years earlier -

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

groovy!!! that is what we are doing! right in the garden sprayer. and like you , I wish I would have thought of it way sooner.

we now have 2 dehumidifiers in the basement taking out 70 pints per hour. it is making a tremendous difference. now for the giant window air conditioner with full of mold! need to replace, but they are like $800.

I wish I could take it out and power wash it.

--------------------

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you replace the filter in it?

forgot to say my sister had to move out for awhile. cant remember how long. the really sad part is that her husbands hoarding is now worse than ever.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa go to youtube search beckys homestead ac cleaning
I have done that two yrs and they stay good

I buy 2 or 3 small ones and replace t : [Smile] we m every 3 yrs

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

randibear, why would he keep hoarding????!!!

ok kayak- thanks!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement