LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » glutathione pushes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: glutathione pushes
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! I hope everyone is having an 'up' day today!

I am going to start Glutathione pushes tomorrow. I was wondering if some could give me there experience with these?

so far I've only heard good things about them, but I want to be prepared for what might happen?

Do some have bad reactions? (I'm tired of having bad reactions.)

Thanks to all.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Go slowly. I did better with a slower drip vs. a faster push. But then my solution had more in it so likely more volume. Just don't go too fast like shooting basting liquid into a turkey, eh? Just let your body have a chance to accept it.

Hope it helps. Maybe listen to some of your favorite music during - or music you used to like but had forgotten about. That's always nice for road trips, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The directions say take 2-3 minutes. Is this slow or fast?
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
How much VOLUME? It all depends on how much liquid you are pushing in that time. How many ml or cc ? That time might be just fine considering the volume.

I see that you posted in another thread that you have a nurse who will do this. [Those who do it themselves usually have a line inserted and just go right into that.]

Others who have done the exact thing as you are doing are best to answer. I'm just adding some information from similar experiences.

The push I had done with magnesium and other things probably had at least one cup (maybe two) of liquid in it and they did it like I was a turkey, seriously.

But I think it took about 20 minutes, though it seemed as fast as they could push it in through a tiny tube and it stung the whole times inside that blood vessel (I think they got the mixture wrong as the IVs never stung like that). And I had quite a set back from that.

Previous IV drips I had done prior that took about 50 minutes to an hour and I did just fine on all points.

One day I was in charge of the rate of the IV drip and decided to just speed it up. Was done in about 35 minutes. That was way too fast and I suffered for it. Again, the volume in that, though, was a regular IV bag.

Also, regarding speed, if you are holding the tube there's a certain coordination that requires momentum - comfort of speed or whatever - of sorts and you'll find what works in the manner of physically doing that.

A push does have to go faster just because of the physical action of administering it but it's also usually much less liquid volume. Hope others will pipe in. Or call your doctor's office if you have any questions.

Most who have done just the glutathione drips report feeling wonderful afterward (all things considered), so that's a very good thing.
-

[ 08-11-2016, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Marnie just posted this in another thread. Just something to consider:

http://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-reduced-glutathione-sublingual-complex-orange

Sublingual Glutathione
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
HW,

Is a current thread TF just posted this:

shows a kid self-administering a glut IV push.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1FFskMRJDA

That amount of fluid in the syringe is just fine for a gentle push of the rate you were told. It's nothing like the volume that was in my push. The syringe with mine was huge with at least a cup of liquid.

Hope that helps, along with others' replies. It should be a walk in the park.
-

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Keebler, I watched this today already. I'm not sure I could do that...

maybe with some teaching. My syringe is about that same size. it is 1gm/10ml syringe infusion of only glutathione.

Thank you. This helps. I have sublingual glutathione that I have taken, but I don't think I took enough. only one tablet.

Hope tomorrow really is a walk in the park! [Smile] I like those.

me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have butterfly needles?

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved it! A nurse gave it to me at my lyme doc's office. I think it took just 5 minutes and I felt better right away.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing same ...it is a vasodilator ...as long as you dont have cbs ..it can detox really quik

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Me, I do have butterfly needles.

Blue, I don't know what CBS is.

Thanks for the input everyone. I hope everyone is having a 'good' day.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
How's the push going?
-

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can talk to your doctor and ask him to let your supplier know you need butterfly needles.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbs is the sulferation gene pathway.....like mthfr and all that jazz

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windingshores
Member # 48600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windingshores     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do IV glutathione. If I do 600 or 800 they have to do it really slow right now. I used to do it in 45 minutes but not I do it in 90. Or I feel it in my head and get woozy and dizzy.
Posts: 54 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have CBS and 50% of the time IV glutathione made everything better. But I was also doing a lot of binders.

If I wasn't strict on the binders, the IV glutathione made things worse. Way worse, like a hangover from you-know-where.

My understanding is Phase 2 detox uses glutathione. Phase 2 toxins (fat soluble) are eliminated from the body through the bowels.

If you have nothing to bind to the toxins, they can be reabsorbed back into your body before you can poop them out.

I was instructed to take chlorella and activated charcoal. Because those cannot be taken anywhere near to other medications or supplements (reduce efficacy), I was taking them when I would wake up in the night.

I can't remember my dose, but my glutathione was diluted in a 10 mL bag of saline and dripped in slowly.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement