LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sida Acuta - anyone else find it really stimulating?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sida Acuta - anyone else find it really stimulating?
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all, I'm trying Sida out today.

It takes less than one drop to make me feel wired and stimulated. I didn't expect that at all!

I know it has trace amounts of ephedrine, but surely not enough to do this???

Kinda weird. I like it for now though. A lot actually, maybe too much. I'm more worried about over-stimulating myself than I am about a herx. Weird stuff.

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Are you putting it in water? If not, that should help.

And be sure your blood sugar is in good shape with some food recently eaten. You could even just put a drop onto a bite of food in the middle of a meal and see how that might work as you are getting used to it, at least.

If you could separate the alcohol from the plant tincture and were to put a drop of the alcohol into your mouth, you might get a similar reaction. A hit like that, even with a drop, can be too much from some people. Better in water.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I put it in about 4 oz of water and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Even just a sip of that is enough to generate a stimulating reaction. It happens very quickly.

Crazy stuff! My body's weird though, it responds to stuff in weird ways.

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I would not say this is a weird reaction at all, actually quite common especially when babesia is also on board. Not to say it's not unsettling or maybe an indicator it's not right for you but what you report is certainly not uncommon for some herbal tinctures for those with TBD.

My guess is that it's a blood sugar reaction to the alcohol.

My body can react like that even to one drop of some herbal tincture, even in water. I'm just so very sensitive the alcohol.

Have you tried taking it in the middle of a meal? That's always best when anything gives such a dramatic effect - at least while your body is being introduced to it for a week or two.

Call the herbalist where you ordered it, talk to them about this. They will likely have a possible explanation & suggestions.

Also check for any comments / questions on it at Buhner's website.

Q: are you taking flagyl / tindamax / metronidazole ?

any diabetic Rx?
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Where you likely obtained it or, if not, they are still a great source of information:

http://www.woodlandessence.com/herbal.htm

Woodland Essence

Sida acuta (Sida acuta) WC from India. May also be from Florida.

New source ~ this Sida extract is bright and enlivening . . . The color may vary a small amount . . . .

ATTN: Contraindicated in Pregnancy, Hypertension, Hyperthyroid and Hypoglycemia.

Please email us at [email protected] with your questions and comments
-

SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

That's where I got it from. The only thing, though, is it's a pleasant immediate reaction. I feel better, happier, my brain feels full of energy (although my body still doesn't). I was expecting to feel horrible from it, if anything. That's why it's weird. I'm sensitive to alcohol too, this is different.

If it were affecting my blood sugar I'd think I'd feel worse instead of better. I don't think it would happen that quickly either, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not on flagyl or Tindamax, not diabetic either. Blood sugar is always great. Maybe it's stimulating my thyroid or something like that. But iodine stimulates my thyroid (makes me eat like crazy) and this feels a lot different.

I dunno. Not complaining though, for now. Just wondering what this will do long-term. Maybe it'll just keep being great! But recently I've had things start out great and end up not-so-great (like testosterone replacement).

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Feeling "feel wired and stimulated" is very different from what you describe above.

What you describe above sounds very good. If that "feel wired and stimulated" comes later in the day when you need to rest - perhaps that is what your first post was talking about (?) . . .

then adrenals may need more support during the day.

I see no reason at all to think the positive effects you are experiencing would turn bad on you. I've never had that happen with any herb. They might quit working for me but one that has been good has never turned bad on me.

I've had a few that were not great for my body from the start and, even after a slow trial, still were not but none that ever just turned on me.

You are taking this for babesia, I assume. So it may be that as you increase the dose you could have some related unpleasantness, though, yet that would be due to how the medicine affects babesia and it likely won't happen with one drop.

As for the first post and "feel wired and stimulated" please DO contact the herbalist so you can more fully communicate with them.

My guess is adrenal function might need a little more support if one drop otherwise makes you feel great but maybe a little overstimulated.
-

SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Well, it is wired and stimulated too, like I've drank way too much coffee (I can't drink caffeine anymore, but that's the best way I can describe it). But that's still better than feeling like a zombie, which is how usually feel. (:

My cortisol levels are actually way too high. I've been looking at adaptogens to maybe help that. Testosterone made me feel similar to this when I started it actually, but it turned on me. Cats claw felt exactly like testosterone did, good at first, but then turned on me (not in a herx type of way either). But cats claw does mess with hormones... After a few days it just made me sicker and sicker.

This feels like it might be messing with my hormones too, which is why I'm hoping this sida doesn't turn on me. It's like the testosterone was depleting something else that my body needed. Just not sure what or I'd fix that!

I'm taking it mostly for bart, but hitting babs is a nice plus too.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
"My cortisol levels are actually way too high"

then this is proof that adrenal support is very important.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Cool deal, I'll read up on adrenal support more. I thought adrenal support was more for people with low cortisol levels. Thanks Keebler!
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
High cortisol with lyme really needs adrenal support. High is out of control, just as low is.

It matters as to the numbers and the time of day, too, high at night a sign that adrenals are going haywire, stressed out and in fight or flight stage - lack of good support can cause high cortisol at the wrong times.

High cortisol at the wrong times is a sign of adrenal dysfunction and issues with the HPA-axis (very common with lyme) and it can damage the heart & inside of blood vessels, too.

Be sure to get Wilson's book, it explains so much.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement