LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Kimchi as killer of candida and other infections (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kimchi as killer of candida and other infections
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For sure!
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess, effects depends on quality and NO PASTEURIZATION.

I had bought kimchi before (once I got a bad batch, that gave us real gut problems)...

They weren't organic.

I find that method in the video I posted, quite an easy method.

You can do only with one or 2 cabbages, instead, so it's very easy to do.

It is so inexpensive, even if you choose best organic ingredients!

If you don't have all required veggies, no problem. You can choose the veggies you want to add (only cabbage is a must, as well as the sauce with garlic, onions, and ginger).

Once done, I eat it for weeks, months, so it really saves me time!

but of course, you can buy these (just check for NO PASTEURIZATION), otherwise, no live bacteria anymore.
-----------------------------

I continue to herx in the joints, now. Basically smaller joints, and right shoulder.

I need chlorella to sort of clean the herxes.

I'm eating 'normally', no anti candida diet at all, many fruits, daily, even more than once, carbs, even one sweet a day or so. Still gluten and casein free.

Zero flares. Barely feel inflammation any more. I know it's still there, as it is cold (even snowed today).

I stopped the foot baths, but will do it about once a week, just in case.

I always feel something going on in my left sinuses (after kimchi), like they get watery from inside, which probably means some sort of biofilm being dissolved, I believe (due to high amount of sulphur).

from all strategies I'm using above, I believe 2 help me most (anti-candida-wise):

- kimchi (probiotics, biofilm breaker, sulphur to clean the body)

- move the chi / energy, till I feel the energy on the tips of my toes and fingers. This Chi brings, I suppose, heat, blood, lymph (immune cells) again to fingers / toes, then avoiding infection / inflammation.

----------------------------------
The only thing I notice is that my stools are a bit softer. I guess it's still from candida-die off. I always get that after I find a good candida-killer.

It's not too bad at all, just mild.

I'll post in about a week. Once I had allergy to chili pepper, it would be a shame if the allergy comes back.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aileenhome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aileenhome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear that kimchi is helping you. I think candida is one of my issues too so I'd like to try it.

I watched the video - did you make 10lbs like the video? It looks like a lot for just myself.

How much do you eat as a portion?

How long does it keep? I noticed you said that an older batch did not taste as good as a fresher one.

Any other tips?

Thanks so much!

Posts: 133 | From Far Hills, NJ 07931 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first batch I did 3 cabbage heads. Too much for me.

Now I do 2 or even 1 head at a time.

It can last years, if refrigerated.

Best taste is first weeks though, in my opinion.

3 secrets to follow:

1. wash the salt off well (I follow her tip: when the volume of the cut pieces falls to 1/2 of the original size, it's time to wash the salt off).

You may use less salt than she recommends, it just takes a bit longer. The less salt, the more time to reach that 50% of decrease in volume.

If you let them too long in salt, they get mushy, less crunchy. They are still good for eating, but less tasty.

If you don't let them enough time, I wonder if fermentation will start well, as it is the salt that encourages fermentation.

I don't wash as much as she recommends, because I use less salt than she does.

2. do enough kimchi sauce, never too little.

It's the sauce that will keep the kimchi, give its taste, and ferment all veggies.

So I don't save on the onion + Garlic + ginger + fish sauce (if you do more, it's not a problem), nor on the starch sauce.

She uses rice flour, I use simply corn starch, it works as well. Add bits of sugar to help fermentation. Do it in enough amount too, not too little.

The problem is if you do little sauce, there won't be enough to keep all cabbage and veggies wet, so they won't ferment as well in dry conditions.

It's so easy to do, really, specially if you do just 1 or 2 cabbages.

You can add any veggies you like, but I do put all those main onion-family veggies she suggests, because of high content of sulphur, and anti microbial properties.

If you don't like too spicy, you can put just a bit of chili pepper (she says to use a whole cup, I only use about 1/4 cup each time, specially if I do only 1 or 2 cabbages.)

I'm pretty sure that chili has antimicrobial properties too. Not adding chili makes the whole kimchi taste TOTALLY different.

3. after it's done, you gotta visit the jars 1x or 2x a week or so, to push the whole content down with a fork (so that most of it remains under liquid).

I keep mine in a few glass jars, that I do not close too tight (you got to let them breathe, as they will pour vapors off).

These jars, I store them in dark, inside a garbage bin I bought new, only for that purpose. I let them in the garage, that is cold enough.

Once I put too much kimchi in a jar, and the whole juice poured off (fortunately, inside the garbage bin....). But it's a pity to lose those juices, that contain a lot of probiotics.

Now I do not fill the kimchi to the top, but leave about 4 fingers or so, empty, at the top.

good luck!! It's really very easy to do.

[ 02-28-2017, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Portion: at least two table spoons a day. If your candida is bad, you can take more.

It's just food, like a salad.

Prepare your binders, because herxes do come!

When you get used, you can even make it as a main dish: meaning, just put some tbspoons of kimchi on hot rice, add some olive oil or sesame oil / seeds, and enjoy!

Coreans eat that 3x a day, their skin looks amazing, and you gotta see their bones too: bulky, strong.

Just look at China and Japan: people got awful skins there today, many skin diseases in both China and Japan. Their bones looks so fragile, in general, not much energy going on in big cities.

Coreans feel like they drank some atomic drink! The guys are extremely energetic.

Energy runs really high in Corea, compared to its neighbors.

The time I lived in South Corea, it always stroke me to see how glowing their skins were. I do think kimchi has a lot to do with that, as it is the favorite dish of most Coreans.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Just to give an update on kimchi.

I keep eating it, not daily but about 3-5 times a week.

I increased the amount of sugars (from fruits mainly) rather high, as I haven't done for many years.

That is because I feel good with fruits and raw stuff.

But candida was the main problem that prevented me to increase fruit intake.

It's been decades of fight with candida here...

I feel very free now concerning fruit consumption.

My food allergies decreased CONSIDERABLY, I have no doubt about it (I can still eat pineapples, many oranges, grapefruit, pomegranate...)

Candida went fully dormant until last week then.

This last weekend I took cheese and gluten for the first time in months.

Guess what happened? A bit of rash on my fingers came up: clear inflammation is there, redness, feverish.

So, I guess my candida problem is not only a matter of probiotics, but somehow eating MILK and GLUTEN does cause my immune system to flare.

So I took casein + gluten out again, still kept my kimchi, let's see if the inflammation will drop.

I'm NOT doing fruit diet, nor any other candida diet. I don't usually take added sugar, even though sometimes I slipped these last days as my candida seemed mostly quiet...

I suspect that in my case, fruit sugar does nothing when candida is dormant, but CASEIN and GLUTEN harm my immune system clearly, to the point of making dormant candida wake up again!

Anyway, this winter was my best winter in the last 20 years, for sure. I usually suffer immensely from candida, every winter, and this one was by far, my best winter.

So I'm keeping my kimchi + gluten-free + casein-free diet for longer!

Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add that I tried Kimchi for the first time in the last two days and holy mackerel! I must have had yeast overgrowth and/or lyme lingering around because I herxed in the middle of the night last night. It wasn't half as bad as it was when I was treating 14 years ago with antibiotics but it still was a herx I am fairly sure.

I bought some Kimchi from the Asian market near me and made some from the recipe on Youtube that Brussels posted. I am very grateful I randomly came across this thread and wanted to Thank! Brussels for the information on Kimchi.

I was concerned because I have been dealing with GERD in the last couple of years and have not been diligent by adhering to the dietary restrictions to heal it.

Have been going through Perimenopause and having the full range of uncomfortable symptoms which seem to be magnified a million times over for many chronic lyme sufferers. One of which was burning mouth syndrome which I have researched at nauseum.

However, I am starting to think the burning mouth and GERD was actually from yeast overgrowth or lyme rearing its ugly head. Ate the spicy Kimchi that should make my mouth burn and GERD worse right?!? Nope, haven't had GERD in the last two days and could manage the spiciness despite the sensitivity I have had.

We will see how the Kimchi turns out that I made. I hope it is good. I will keep trying to perfect it because I believe it is really helping me already.

Thanks Brussels!

--------------------
�Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.� - Ezre Taft Benson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement