LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ebv ruined my life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebv ruined my life
tommyboy
Member # 35954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommyboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not looking forward to Christmas this year. I find myself unable to enjoy anything. Family members coming round brings great stress. I don't want them to see the skinny disabled disinterested person I've become.

Since ebv reactivated in late April I have been so Ill. In bed or on the couch.The 5 yrs of lyme before this april sucked but I didn't feel so bad that I didn't occasionally have a good day or have a reason to feel happy once in a while. In fact looking back I had it pretty good and didn't know it.

Ebv changed it all. All the things that helped lyme (epsom baths, minerals, Alka seltzer etc.) Don't help anymore. Nothing brings a moment of relief. It seems everything makes me feel worse,literally. I've been taking olive leaf for over a month and just worse all round. My body doesn't respond to anything like it used to.

Valtrex is unreal harsh, olive leaf seems a dead end. I've been told to focus on lyme but ebv is what ruined my life. I don't know what to do..

I'm tired of trying,tired of feeling bad and never leaving the house. The cold has never been so cold. Ebv changed my body temp too. The heat wasn't as hot and the cold is colder.

This virus is worse than lyme by far.

Sorry if this just sounds like a rant. Someone must have beaten ebv!!!!!! HOW?

Posts: 85 | From somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< tommyboy >>>>>,

It is the combo of Lyme,EBV,and other infections you may have going.

It is in fact, okay to vent out a rant now and again. Sometimes you just gotta get it off your chest.

I fight CEBV,and am prone to other infections now as well. I don't like the cold weather,because it makes everything hurt.

Look, don't give up, I know it is rough and it is painful,and you feel like just curling up somewhere,and letting go.

But don't let this mess win, don't give up on yourself...Okay. Believe me there are times, I don't want to take one more med, supplement, or shot,or drink down some vile tasting liquid.

Because it feels like nothing has changed... but I keep on because literally nothing makes sense other wise.

I'm saying a pray here: Lord, Tommyboy can't see anyway out of this mess, he hurts, he's weak,and tired, and can't seem to find an answer. I don't have any answers either but just to keep fighting,and pushing thru all this mess.

It is even harder at the Holiday season, when one cannot enjoy the sweet and simple things of life. Please surround him with Angels,and bring folk his way who care,who will not give up on him,or let him give up.

I ask that You'd lift his spirits up,so he doesn't feel so discouraged and lonely,and please bring him thru this into your love and light,bring meaning back to his life. In Jesus Name Amen!

Keeping you in mind, don't you give up, and look,rant when you need it,a lot of us do that here.

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please get your thyroid checked by someone who really knows how to do it.

Not just the TSH.

Praying that you will find a way to beat this...whatever it is. Like Silver said, it's usually a combination of things.

The COLD reminds me of how I was a few years ago. Now I'm all warmed up!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So temp thing was thyroid?...Bvt and plasma rife supposedly kill viruses ....

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tom. Yes, get your thyroid checked out.

Have you tried consuming healthy juices? I have reactivated EBV and have found that consuming healthy juices seems to help. If you don't have the energy for juicing, some health food stores have juicing bars where they can juice for you.

I was consuming the Naked Juices and other brands at the grocery store. No these are not the best, but I was really being hepled by them.

I stopped because the citrus was causing acid reflux, but I think there are some I can still do.

Try eating the healthiest foods you can, juicing, etc. This is a virus and those things seem to work against viruses.

Along with killing infections, we have to make our bodies as healthy as possible in order to get well.

Sometimes candida is a big part of the problem, too. Are you taking lots of healthy probiotics?

If you can't be around family this year, just tell them the truth. You have to take care of yourself.

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low thyroid is the number one reason for a low body temp and/or feeling cold.

For two summers I never wore shorts or sandals and I live in SW Missouri.

Mind you, my thyroid tests were "normal" .. but LOW normal. My very smart doctor treated me anyway and it's really helped.

I have to be on 1/2 of the very lowest dosage of Nature Throid.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read "The Medical Medium?"

He has an EBV protocol that supposedly works wonders.

http://goop.com/the-medical-medium-and-whats-potentially-at-the-root-of-medical-mysteries/

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tommyboy
Member # 35954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommyboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have had pretty extensive thyroid testing. Here are the results.

Reverse t3 15.1. Ref. Range 9.2-24.1

Tsh 0.656. Ref. Range 0.450-4.500

T4 free 1.20. Ref. Range 0.82-1.77

Thyroxine [t4] 7.9 ref. Range 4.5-12.0

T3uptake 27 ref. Range 24-39

Free thyroxine index 2.1. Ref. Range 1.2-4.9

Triiodothyronine [t3]147. Ref. Range 71-180

Thyroid antibodies
Thyroid peroxidase [tpo] Ab 19 ref. Range 0-34

Thyroglobulin antibody <1.0. Ref. Range 0.0--0.9

My GP thinks taking hydrocortisone for a within range result of 3.8 Ref. Range [pm]2.3-11.9 is unnecessary.

Would it hurt to just take some and see what happens?

So desperate for relief.... any suggestions? Please I need hope

[ 11-21-2016, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: tommyboy ]

Posts: 85 | From somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tommyboy
Member # 35954

I need to juice more often I know. I have read parts of medical medium. He recommends olive leaf and silver and these things don't seem to help but I haven't tried all his recommendations.

I do have an emem5a rife I haven't used yet cause I feel so bad and I hear rife herxing is harsh.

I almost died from an aunt bite so I don't think but is a good idea.

I am thinking about full extract canna oil even though I have previously been very wary. At this point I'm so out of it I figure it won't be as bad as I thought cause I'm already brain fog central.

Being less aware may be welcome at this point...

Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you tommy boy.

I have chronic ebv. I have also battled Lyme. I am 34 and struggle to make it through a workday. I have suicidal thoughts each day. My children and my faith in God are why I don't act on them.

Every single day the dizziness and the brain fog makes me think about this, that my only way out not to burden my family is to end my life. Then I get up the next day and try to push the rock up the mountain.

I am on silver and olive leaf too. I am on monolaurin too. It's not really helping. My doc seems at a loss he just can't knock it out.

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bcb1200:

http://goop.com/the-medical-medium-and-whats-potentially-at-the-root-of-medical-mysteries/

Whoa, that Anthony William is a total nut! He blames almost everything on EBV. Heart palpitations, lupus, almost all thyroid problems, etc. he claims are from EBV....

Many of the symptoms he claims are from EBV could easily be from Babesia or Lyme.

I'm pretty open-minded, but the things this guy proposes are laughable. I mean, MTHFR mutations caused by EBV? And, Post-menopausal symptoms are a result of EBV? REALLY?

No offense to you bcb1200, I just had to comment about his preposterous claims.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

tommyboy .. Go to "Thyroid Advocates" on FB and post your results for them. They will help you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some say, it's mold and mold toxins at the root of all our problems.

Others say, its EBV or other herpes viruses at the root of all our problems.

Others say, it's the lyme bacteria at the root of all our problems....

... it's the low grade chronic polio virus

.... it's the mononucleosis virus

... it's the tuberculosis miasm

.... it's the syphilis miasm

... it's Hepatitic C virus

... it's candida

... it's heavy metals

... it's multiple vaccines or one specific vaccine

... it's the excessive electrosmog messing our autonomic nervous system and glands

... it's the lack of earth magnetism

... it's hormone imbalance

... it's lack of real bio-available minerals in our food

... it's the chemtrails

--------------------------

What if it's not a bit of everything that is simply causing the whole mess?

It's a pity we have to suffer so much, and a pity that our world got so complex.

Each of these things could cause total collapse, in my opinion, even individually.

But it's usually the accumulation that is at the source of our health problems, in my opinion.

One of these can be the main trigger.

Haven't we all collapsed with Borrelia burgdorferi once?

An extremely easy bacteria fought successfully by our immune systems for thousands of years?

If we can collapse only with one of these major players, imagine when you got a cocktail of problems all together.

I hope you find some solution for your EBV, tommy.

My daughter had herpes before she started the violet ray in feb 2015. Since then, the blisters never came back.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Whoa, that Anthony William is a total nut! He blames almost everything on EBV. Heart palpitations, lupus, almost all thyroid problems, etc. he claims are from EBV....

Many of the symptoms he claims are from EBV could easily be from Babesia or Lyme.

I'm pretty open-minded, but the things this guy proposes are laughable. I mean, MTHFR mutations caused by EBV? And, Post-menopausal symptoms are a result of EBV? REALLY?

TNT, I don't see how they are any more or less preposterous than what we discuss about Lyme and Co.

I do think many on here have LYme, but also believe there are other things contributing to our illnesses. Mold, Viruses, parasites, etc.

EBV is common in Lyme. MEdical Medium has a pretty good track record if you can suspend belief and actually meet folks who he has helped. It is no more or less believable from my perspective than anything we have discussed here day in and day out about Lyme disease.

My point was, if the OP was worried about EBV, Medical Medium supposedly has a good program.

That's it.

When I was at my sickest I wanted any and all options to chase. (Still do btw.)

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

TNT, I don't see how they are any more or less preposterous than what we discuss about Lyme and Co.

I do think many on here have LYme, but also believe there are other things contributing to our illnesses. Mold, Viruses, parasites, etc.

EBV is common in Lyme. MEdical Medium has a pretty good track record if you can suspend belief and actually meet folks who he has helped. It is no more or less believable from my perspective than anything we have discussed here day in and day out about Lyme disease.

My point was, if the OP was worried about EBV, Medical Medium supposedly has a good program.

That's it.

When I was at my sickest I wanted any and all options to chase. (Still do btw.)

Yes, I agree with you bcb1200, let me hear anything related (to EBV, Lyme, Co-infections, cancer, etc., etc.), and let me take what is plausible, and let me discard of what may not be plausible. Each one has to make their own evaluation, and it's good to have ALL info on the table to evaluate.

I'm sure the things he recommends for healing EBV are relevant to any sick condition, and might be more relevant to viral infections.

I'm just disagreeing with what comes across as his premise for sickness in general, and that, in his thinking, seems to be EBV. I don't agree with that....just like not everything is Lyme. I agree with Brussels....it's all of the above.

Though I disagree with Anthony William, I have always appreciated your input. I'm glad you shared the info. Thanks!

"Total-healing" wishes to you.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider a kinessiologist, or even a ND who does muscle testing. It really does help to know what your body wants verses what you're giving it and hoping it will work.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We beat EBV with Rife 1550 Hz and 802 Hz. Also, GcMaf creme with frankincense in it rubbed into the lymph nodes in the neck.

Also pulled in the homeopathic isode of EBV.

We also Rifed for Mumps as that also has the similar swollen glands under the chin and neck picture.

On top of that a perfect Paleo diet, gluten free, dairy free. That helped a lot.

We also pulled in the juicing the Medical Medium suggested. That was good but no banana until going gluten/dairy free. We now do not juice anymore. The diet is way more effective and just as nutritious. Diet is key. No grains. No legumes.

Yes to: 100% grass fed beef/organ meats, sweet potatoes, veggies (but no nightshades). Coconut oil and fruit. If you can only afford to do one thing I would choose diet. We had no idea the food was bothering so much until the diet was changed. The change was remarkable.

We tried the whole supplement regimen he lists but we did not see any change with that.

Lots of rest. Staying warm. Kept stress down. That meant the energy level was the measuring stick for company or not. Company is very energy depleting.

I have an energy testing meridian stress analysis scanner and it helped us to navigate what to do next. Zig zagged our way right out of the EBV.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lookup:
We beat EBV with Rife 1550 Hz and 802 Hz. Also, GcMaf creme with frankincense in it rubbed into the lymph nodes in the neck.

Also pulled in the homeopathic isode of EBV.

We also Rifed for Mumps as that also has the similar swollen glands under the chin and neck picture.

On top of that a perfect Paleo diet, gluten free, dairy free. That helped a lot.

We also pulled in the juicing the Medical Medium suggested. That was good but no banana until going gluten/dairy free. We now do not juice anymore. The diet is way more effective and just as nutritious. Diet is key. No grains. No legumes.

Yes to: 100% grass fed beef/organ meats, sweet potatoes, veggies (but no nightshades). Coconut oil and fruit. If you can only afford to do one thing I would choose diet. We had no idea the food was bothering so much until the diet was changed. The change was remarkable.

We tried the whole supplement regimen he lists but we did not see any change with that.

Lots of rest. Staying warm. Kept stress down. That meant the energy level was the measuring stick for company or not. Company is very energy depleting.

I have an energy testing meridian stress analysis scanner and it helped us to navigate what to do next. Zig zagged our way right out of the EBV.

I have been seeing a doctor who uses Meridian stress analysis since 2012.

I believe in it, based on my symptoms and what has shown up on it. I think it's an excellent scorecard.

My wife and others think it is completely a crock and a bunch of "mumbo jumbo". We are in the minority for people who believe in it.

I wish there was a way to prove to them and to know it was legitimate information.

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TNT:
quote:

TNT...with all due respect...we can claim all of these symptoms can come from a bacterium...why not be open minded enough to consider they can also be caused by a virus?
Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't forget chronic fatigue....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tommyboy
Member # 35954

Lookup can you share the juicing that medical medium recommended?
I'm juicing spinach, apples,carrots and assorted greens all organic at the moment.

I feel silver and olive leaf did not help.

Is gcmaf something that would cause a herx?

Is chia a grain of legume?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement