LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone tried DNRS ? Helps retrain the brain.. similar to NAET and others.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone tried DNRS ? Helps retrain the brain.. similar to NAET and others.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://retrainingthebrain.com/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it sounds like a powerful program. But $$$ too. Perhaps I will get the book. Thank you for posting.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually am open to things but I am skeptical about this one. One gal on there said she couldn't get out of bed and just watched the dvds, then she mentioned how the group environment was really helpful.

She also mentioned that she had spent over 300k on lyme, MCS etc, so obviously all the things she did helped her, albeit little by little. I know for me, each thing that I try moves me to another level.

I also don't buy the first woman on there who had eletromagnetic sensitivity go away from doing this. I believe it is related to heavy metal accumulation in the brain and of course the EMF exposure. She may have worked on removing metals too. Removing metals is helping me with EMF sensitivity.

Although I believe re training the brain does help, I don't think it cures lyme, mold or MCS. DNRS may be another layer to hit though to bring one closer to health.

I hope a regular Lymenet member has tried this and posts their experience. Lord knows so many people have tried just about everything. That would get me to buy it, or if Dr. K recommended something similar.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how much the DVD costs, but if it is not too much, you have nothing to lose.

The one thing I noticed on 3 testimonials I watched is they were filmed at the program before the 5 day program was over, so I am not sure the effects would be long lasting.

However, all reported positive results just from the DVD's and then the seminars helped even more.
Seminars are expensive, though.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see a price? I figured it was pricey, but didn't have time to check it out the other day.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DVD's run between $215 and $316 depending on which package you get. I think the book was around $30 on Amazon.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the book reviews on amazon, they said nothing was spelled out in it on exactly how to do it.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tepidauutmn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys!

I actually tried this DVD program myself for almost a month (they recommend to do it for 6 months minimum to rewire your brain in a more long-lasting way).

The book is just explaining the limbic system and testimonials of people who did the program.

I gave up doing it because it felt like a full-time job with me watching everything I think and redirecting that thinking and the practices made me feel very exhausted.

I did experience some lifting of mood, but then I got more irritable and frustrated along the way because Lyme really exhausts you as it is both physically and mentally and doing this only made it worse for me.

Likewise, I did not agree with a few things or at least maybe I did not do the program the right way.

It is great that it has helped people with Lyme, but maybe they already got rid off all the bugs but their limbic system was impaired due to the damage these bugs caused (or the treatments or they had some kind of an injury/accident).

Not to say I don't agree that there is a subconscious and mental connection with Lyme, but Lyme is more complex than that.

And when you're dealing with nervous system impairment, adrenal fatigue, cortisol level issues, mineral deficiencies, no amount of brain retraining will help that.

But maybe if it is a kind of program for you it could at least help you deal with the emotions better in addition to whatever treatment you are currently doing. It is not a replacement for treatment.

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 12-14-2016, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 74 | From Lawrenceville, NJ | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, tepi. I was more interested in it for Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. I think I'll pass on it, however.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tepidauutmn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, there's another site that lists all kinds of brain retraining systems: http://limbicretraining.com/. To each their own. For me it wasn't helpful, but for others it can be.
Posts: 74 | From Lawrenceville, NJ | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks tepid for all of the above!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, wasted 2 years on that crap.

Was worse off in the end. Ended up hospitalized.

I had a friend die doing the program because she ignored her body.

I wouldn't touch the stuff.

You get victim blamed if it doesn't work.

Basically, you're suppose to "act" and "think" like you're "healthy" to trick the body.

You're not suppose to say ANYTHING negative about how you're feeling physically or emotionally. It's part of the program.

That's why you rarely here negative testimonials because it will supposedly negate the effects.

You're suppose to do it for at least 6 months. After putting that time and effort into it, the friends I knew didn't want to admit their bodies weren't doing well.

It was total BS.

It's only good for anxiety.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like dealing with emotional chemistry is one piece of the physiological puzzle, but by no means exclusive! This is going too far in its theory.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Judie, that is so horrible. I am so sorry about your friend and about what you went through.

Yep, it is exactly what it is. I only managed to do no more than a month of it and felt so horrible physically and mentally.

Also emotionally trying to force myself being more happy than I am. I truly don't understand how that is helpful ignoring your symptoms and how you feel emotionally. It is like denial.

And in the forum there people aren't allowed to talk about "taboo" subjects. You can only discuss everything with a coach, more money for them! (As if the program itself wasn't expensive enough.)

I think the EFT technique is better in the sense that you're tapping specific acupressure points that release emotions and thoughts that may be getting you stuck mentally and emotionally and spiritually. And you're releasing them in a healthy way.

(breaking up the text for easier reading)

[ 12-15-2016, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Judie! I'm sorry your friend died. I think it is good to try new things and am thankful you and tepid shared, it helps all of us. NAET sounds better.

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

Gosh this is all good to know. We tend to try so many things out of desperation to get better. Thanks for sharing this valuable info!
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found emotional validation to be most healing. Finding accepting, understanding people is the bigger challenge.

EFT just made stuff worse for me. Way too stimulating and not calming at all for me.

YMMV

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Judie, that is true, I tried to do EFT myself and it was painful. Lots of negative feelings and thoughts popping up. There is a warning that it may cause unpleasant feelings and that is probably not great for people with Lyme. Got to do what works best for you.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you for all the feedback. Very sorry for your friend, Judie. What a terrible thing.

I tried EFT also and it made my sinuses hurt! I thought I surely had to be the ONLY person that happened to! LOL

NAET is very expensive .. so I will just plug along.

I'm a very positive person and am doing well emotionally most of the time. I fall off the cliff when my symptoms get bad... but that sounds pretty normal to ME!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Lymetoo, same here. When my symptoms are so horrible, I tend to feel so negative and have constant mind chatter. But today I feel better and seem more positive. It must be more our physical symptoms affecting our emotions more than our emotions affecting our symptoms.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by tepidauutmn:
It must be more our physical symptoms affecting our emotions more than our emotions affecting our symptoms.

-
I've always felt that to be true.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
That program also limits who you can be around. Anyone you are around is not supposed to speak of anything perceived to be negative, or even reality, really. Only the most happy of thoughts and words.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's ridiculous. Reality happens.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Hahaha good point Keebler. Everyone who graduated from the program seem so upbeat, like they're on elevating drugs all the time.
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else try this?
Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My home infusion nurse threw it out as a possibility for me to try, but, the more I looked into it, the more I felt that it would not be helpful in my case. Like has been stated earlier in this thread, I personally do not believe that actual nervous system damage can be repaired by hours of ‘brain re-training’ via DVD.

There is something to be said about the science of neuroplasticity, which the brain/neural re-training system does touch upon, however again, via the format of simple DVD watching, one would not experience that phenomenon on any meaningful scale.

Best to all.

Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If lyme or other infections are the problem, this will not help until those infections - as well as adrenal & liver issues, etc. are fully addressed. What this can do is make people who want so badly to think they can "think" themselves well with enough of the right talk just more broke and feeling more like a failure in their own attitude not being strong enough.

Be careful of that pitfall. IF lyme and other infections have been fully addressed and are all better . . . and IF liver support and adrenal support is working well, then, this might be something to help.

I looked into this and knew someone who did the full week on site retreat - it seems that the physical science of infections is just ignored.

For instance: Being told one is "overprotecting" when they are just doing what they know they need to protect themselves from seizure or falling - well, that is not helpful and borders on bullying. This is the kind of training my friend got and passed on in judgement to me.

Still, a LL therapist who is truly LL and has been ILADS trained would be best to approach how to think in ways that are more beneficial to healing.

A therapist has many techniques but, most importantly, if properly and fully LL, should know when to encourage the acknowledgment of feeling not being defined as good or bad yet also then knowing how to shift some thought patterns, ways we talk to ourselves, into a more helpful mode.

Qigong is also excellent to help the brain, mood, healing, in various ways.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement