LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Still w/ the Rash Update, New News on the Rash,2-1-'17, #19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still w/ the Rash Update, New News on the Rash,2-1-'17, #19
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

I first posted about a rash ,I'd had for awhile, on Dec. 10th 2016.

After tracking it back ,it had actually started in Sept. while, We were gone on a trip.

At that time, I tho't it was a bit of travelers itch,from sitting to long, perspiring and so on.

It worsened and Dec.19th,when nothing I tried worked I went to a UC. The meds they gave me,have not stopped it.

Some areas are not as painful,as others, but it is still with me, as of tonight Jan. 18 2017.

I believe it to be from a reaction to ABX, mostly Keflex [ generic], and Bactrim.

It still peels in some areas [making it hard to sit in most chairs]. It is difficult because I cannot breather lying down flat. So I don't go much of anywhere.

It has been bleeding on again,off again. It spread, got my eyelids calmed down[one had been bleeding, but it is on my back and shoulders, and some on my wrist. It is also down my legs a ways starting from inner thighs.

I finally used a concotion of Bagbalm/ Desitin/ and sugar free Chloraseptic spray mixed together. I tried and still use, childrens Benadryl [down to 2 a day so far].

I did a short trial of generic Claritin cut into quarters [very low dose]. Just one half made me dizzy,so hence the quarter doses. I'll try that again this weekend.

Also I cannot eat shrimp right now, it made the rash burn and sting as well as itch.

' Madicaid ' isn't gonna do much ...so I'm doing what I'm able on my own.

I'm thinking maybe, there is also a mast cell issue.which my PCP doesn't understand .He thinks 'Oh...that is just Allergies.'

Any tho'ts of what may help would be most welcome. I don't like this, feeling like a prisoner, in my home. Here if something breaks open and the rash bleeds, I am not damaging furnishings elsewhere.

Silverwolfi still itchy and sore [but at least a tad better.]

[ 02-01-2017, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Bartonella ACA in the Fall and Winter. I tried using a Rx steroid cream but it didn't make it go away. So I took a

steroidal hormone supplement, Pregnenolone that the human body manufactures naturally and it made the

rash go away. I also used Extra Strong Desitin and still use both when it flares.

You can Google "Is Pregnenolone a hormone or steroid"

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< tulips >>>>>,

Thanks for the info' I will check on that!

I am really careful about steroids, it usually causes me some weird reactions. For one a nasty headaches, and personality changes, okay that's two I guess.

As TrekC' would say, " ...who's home Honey... the Princess Bride, or the Bride of Frankenstein...". Looking back now it is funny, then it was not. I was raging angry and couldn't explain why.

My sinus spray had steroids,which I didn't know,and they used, a steroid cream on a wrist injury...voila...one angry woman...throwing things an all [and nope I'm not Klingon... Trekkies will get that.] [Big Grin] .

Off to check this info' out ...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, I don't like to use steroids either. When I was using the Rx cream on the rash, I could tell that my Lyme herbs just weren't working as well anymore and I knew that even though

it was only a cream, that it was weakening my immune system - a real problem with Lyme sufferers. I know that Stephen Buhner has a question and answer website but I don't know

How to find it. Maybe you could find someone knowledgeable in a health food store who would know if it would be safe for you to use.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Silverwolf - I said that ACA is a Bartonella symptom. I just looked it up. It comes from Lyme Borrelia. If you're already being treated for Lyme, OK. I take Cats Claw and Banderol

tinctures for Lyme Borrelia. To save money, I make my own Cats Claw tincture.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry for you to have to deal with this. I wonder if you could try rubbing coconut oil on a small area to see if it helps? It has so many healing qualities including antimicrobial and antifungal.

Another thought is to investigate medical marijuana. It helps to modulate the immune system and could be just what you need. It is legal in my state and I go to a dispensary to purchase it. They sell a lotion that might be very helpful to you. You would need to take this under the guidance of a doctor.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

When I take the Pregnenolone it doesn't lessen the effectiveness of the other herbs I'm taking, so it's not affecting me like a prescription steroid would. Maybe if you tried it (cut a pill in half) it would

work that way for you too since it's a steroid that the body makes naturally. But I don't know. With Lyme, everything is a crapshoot.

Nothing else would help the rash for me though. Good luck with whatever you try. It was a miserable ordeal for me.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could try my favorite go-to-when-all-else-fails remedy. . . Sillercillin.

I have a corner neighborhood pharmacy who is kind enough to order it for me. It's a 16oz bottle that costs 60.00. Pricey but serves many functions.

I m using it in an infuser right now for sinus infection from hell. I use it for cuts, rashes, when my cat scratches me, excellent for tooth pain.

Plus I take 2 tablespoons daily for internal germs.

My cat had eye infection oozing pus so I applied Sillercillin and it was gone and never came back.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< tulips, dbpei, and Bartend'b' >>>>>,

Thanks for the ideas, I
ll have to see what is affordable here in Vegas.TrekC'and I are on a single income, tight budget.

Db' I got my eyelids to heal up finally using coconut oil, it didn't do much for the 'diaper zone rash tho'.

Bartend'b' Is Sillercillin a penicillin?
I am highly allergic to penicillins.
So far the bagbalm mixture has helped...but nothing has taken it away yet.

The rash tends to ache, where ever it attacks my skin. It's a weird thing for sure. But then Lyme stuff is odd like that.

Gotta go for now, respiratory bug is driving this Wolfigirl to distraction, along with the itch...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silvercillin is small silver particles mixed with water. It is unlike collidial silver because it will not turn you blue.

It's anti microbial. It kills all different kinds of bacterias, viruses, and parasites. No side effects. Can be taken with other meds.

It's homeopathic - no script. Bottle lasts long time.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Bartenderb' >>>>>,

I saw 'Sillercillin' so Silvercillin makes more sense.

Now Silymarin, is 'milk thistle' derivative [which I use daily for liver issues], so I was trying to figure out if it was something like that with penicillin... LOL!

It's okay, all to often I misspell 'Silverwolf' and end up with 'Sliverwolf' or 'Swilverwolf'or 'Silwerwolf' etc. and have to fix it.

I'll have to wait on the 'Silvercillin' type products, as Hubby TrekC' are a single income duo, and finances are tight right now [not asking for anything, just informational].

We have some good health food and herbal places here in Vegas,so it is something we can check on later. I appreciate the info'!

Jus' Silverwolfi,[well more sneezy, itchy wolfi right now...OWooooWoOo.]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be able to find some Sovereign Silver in a smaller bottle. Might only cost $10-15.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

And thank you, I used to have some,I don't now tho', But we can check what is near us later.

It's doing a frog drown-der rain here right now, and TrekC' is getting groceries after getting car smog checked. The tags were not in so he has to go back to get them this afternoon.

We'll see what the finances look like when he gets home. We may need a couple more groceries,he tries not to overdo after our 'Holiday Situation' for 2016.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

I was able to get some Sovereign Silver First Aid Gel Spray, so will be using that for a couple days,and see what happens.

Hoping it will help...will update later, after trying it for a few days!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silver, I am the rash queen... many suggestions. But first the way you describe it aching, I'm sure you made sure it was not shingles, right?

For me, my go to remedy has always been doxycycline... it's really how one smart doctor 25 years later finally figured out Lyme. Over all those years prednisone would only suppress the rash, and then it would pop up elsewhere... but when put on doxy for something else the rash just dissipated before my eyes... (I don't remember if it worked for the slightly different rash I got from bactrim)

I haven't had a real bad rash for 3 years... I used to get them every 3 or 4 months and they would last 2 months.

I am not a a 100% believer in homeopathy... but one long weekend when I couldn't get to my dr... for doxy I read up, went to Whole Foods and got the little blue vials of what I call sugar pills... urtica urens and apis. I followed the instructions rotating each and by the end of the weekend my full body rash was gone. Since then, if I just get a red spot, I take the urtica. My dogs vet says homeopathy is like a key, it does nothing if you have the wrong key... but if it's right it opens the door.

For relief, I have found a warm/hot shower... it will make you itch like crazy... but once your done you'll get a nice window of relief...follow the shower with goldbond powder.

Good luck!

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Goldbond contains salicylates, by the way.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See... there's no way I can eliminate them!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I have to .. when it becomes life or death, you will. Until then, I guess you are OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe try these? -

http://www.charcoalremedies.com/how_to_make_a_charcoal_poultice

http://gerson.org/gerpress/8-natural-remedies-for-itchy-and-irritated-skin/

---

Do you think it could be a yeast infection? You are saying it's damp where you are...

If so maybe try some Miconazole Nitrate Cream? You can get it at Walmart for pretty cheap. You may have to get one for vaginal infections but it's probably the same as one for other skin conditions.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymenet Family,all responders >>>>>,

Lost my first response,so trying again, Just back from the Doctor, my PCP.

He looked at the rash and said a long,fancy word which means 'Cellulitis' in the diaper zone.

When TrekC' gets back from the pharmacy, I will be starting on Clindamyacin in two forms, cream and oral.

And a second cream for my face an around eyes[ that is for another type of rash, yet again, basically seborrhea, causing eyelid and face issues].

He explained that it is definitely not a yeast infection, or athletes itch/heat rash etc.And it needs to be dealt with NOW.

I've been fighting it for awhile, and it got severe in Dec. So will be back on ABX in an hour or two. I'll find out for how long when I get the prescription.

Doc' send tend it now, you don't want a staff infection. So at least I know what it is and what to watch for now.

I don't like ABX, but sometimes it is necessary so prayerfully, as soon as my prescription gets here, I'll be starting it.

I had hoped home treatment would have made this go away, but it is worse than ayeast or heat rash.

Thank you to all of those who have encouraged me to not let this keep going untended.

I was so disappointed in the Doctors I've had to go to lately. But my trusty Doc',[non-LLMD sadly] knew right off, this rash was nothing to mess around about.

He was encouraging to both myself and TrekC, and concerned over TrekC's recent serious medical issues as well.

He didn't even fuss at me for my weight being up about 6 lbs!!! He knows how hard we've both worked on getting to a healthier weight.

Gotta go for now...

Silverwolfi on the Warpath against itchy rashes!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's great news! So glad a REAL doctor took a look at it. Cellulitis can be pretty serious.

Do you have any Florastor on hand? You will need it to protect yourself from c.diff.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< TF,and Lymetoo, and all Lyme Family >>>>>,

I am relieved to know what this mess is, and praying the meds' give me no serious side effects!

I have to be careful what I take when, and when I use the various cremes, but it will be worth it to get rid of this awful, painful, achy ,itchy mess.

Maybe then I can go to church,or for a ride,and I wont be hurting and bleeding!

Thanks so much y'all for being here, and listening/reading of my complaints and frustrations!

I'll up date as I find out more. Also I found out I have a low grade fever,my average 'norm'' is low 97.4* it was 99*.

Gotta go for now,

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me/myself/and I, the Silverwolfi here,

Meant to respond about Florastor/S.boulardii,
Sorry brain burp,it is really difficult to get this here, so we ordered off of Amazon.

It will take a week to 10 days tho' so I am using another probiotic until it gets in.

Meanwhile,I'll be praying for gut/bowel safety among other things. I have had to trust the Lord thru several kinds of ABX, since this all started in Dec. of 2015. I had hoped to be off of all ABX after Dec. 2016.

This is either the 6th or 7th ABX I've been on since Dec. 2015 -Dec.2016... I've lost count, almost all of them can cause C,diff, some types cause permanent lung problems, one type can mess up your tendons big time.

I'm just continuing to trust God, and take what probiotics I can 'til the Florastor gets in...and even then I'll still be praying and trusting HIM!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you found out what it is! Hope the abx will clear it up. You don't want to mess around with something that might be staph.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< sparkle7 >>>>>,

That was my tho't too, I am so relieved to know what this is. And Doc' said, as did two of our Lyme-folk at least, be careful,... 'you don't want that rash to go into a staff infection.'.

Everything worked out, they happened to have a cancellation,and other than a quick re-up on paperwork,it went quickly and smoothly.

I had very little wait time, which is good when it hurts to sit in most chairs.

One of our Pharmacies was out of the two cremes, and we have another close to home, so we were able to get the oral and creme meds' fairly quickly as well.

Thanks for the replies!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you tried good calamine?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Silver .. Do you have a Wal Mart nearby? They carry Florastor .. so do Walgreen's and CVS but it would be more expensive there.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< randi' and Lymetoo >>>>>,

Hey <<<<< randi' >>>>>, altho' calamine is good to have on hand, for general purposes, it wouldn't work on the Cellulitis deep skin inner layer infection,

...sadly this takes ABX to fix the problem and kill the bacterium. I do need to pick up some on payday tho' so I appreciate the reminder.

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>, We have a couple of Walmarts really close to us here! Right now, we are waiting on payday.

We have a certain amount for the first of the month, for rent, and minor grocery needs which we've mostly spent. The rest wont come in for awhile yet.

And the banks here are crazy now, our rent is less than most pay under a grand, but still has to be paid in two segments on different days. Then we have to pay basic utilities, as well.

The banks will not allow a lump sum anymore over a few hundred dollars[ too much drug money laundering,and other criminal enterprises ].

The above information is just general info',not asking for finances or product [Smile] !!

TrekC' checked the local drugstore chain here,and could not find the Florastor. He must go out again today.

VA will not issue him the medicine his Civi' Cardio Doc' wants him to take so he has to pic up a different med' that even his VA Cardio' Doc' doesn't like to have to use [the preferred meds cost to much].

Gotta close for now, TrekC' is up and about so I'm off.

Thanks again to each replier, for ideas, info' and info' links. Perhaps if I get another skin condition at some point, one of the ideas here may stop it from going into Cellulitis or worse.

Can I say it... well I'm gonna say it, Y'all are family to me,and I love you and wish we could all meet. Our Lyme family understands us, when we don't seem to make sense and be understandable. [Smile] !!!

Okay, be back later...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we ARE family! We pray for one another and help one another however we can.

Trusting you will be fine on the antibiotics. God has you in His care. Add Florastor when you get it. The Lord is our Shepherd.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< TF >>>>>,

Thank You! That is what I mean! We may not get to meet in person,but all of us can help in so many little ways!

Just one example, for me, so many times I'm trying to figure out a problem,symptom or what have you, and someone will post on the very subject I needed an answer for!

I appreciate what you've said, about The Lord being our Shepherd He always knows what we need when we need it! I am working a lot on trusting Him lately!

I think of a Hymn from my childhood called 'Trust and Obey'!

Gotta go eat lunch...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can find jarrow or other brand stuff like florastor on amazon. alot cheaper. suppose to be as good.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< randi' >>>>>,

We got an actual Florastor,off of Amazon, but it wont be here for a week to 10 days. It was cheaper than the store*.

*TrekC' found some today at Walmart, but it is beyond our finances at the moment. I was surprised by how spendy this sort of Probiotic is in the area.

There is a health food,and grocery, that usually carries Jarrow brand but it is several miles from us. So we don't go unless we have an appointment out that way.

Between finances and TrekC's health,we don't push it now.But at least with this info' we can do some comparisons of cost and product similarity now!

Thank You, for the info'!!! [Smile]

How are you, doing okay I hope! I'm still kinda itchy, but I only had my second treatments this a.m. I can tell when the meds start to wear off, but the Clindi' ABX ,makes me super tired.

At least we finally know what these odd painful rashes are now.

Jus' Silverwolfi a doin' laundry

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Just wondering, Silver. Was the Florastor about $20 at Wal Mart?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Yup, 20$ plus tax, the one we ordered on line was just under 20$ w/ shipping. A little less,so anything helped.

It is good to know they carry it tho'. They are 20 capsules? or tablets? in the bottle, So either way that is around a dollar per [TrekC' couldn't remember what the Florastor was as to it's form].

Well,when we get the product here, I can check more,and see if we could find it for bit less next time, or a similar product.

Taking the Vit. Shoppe brand until then. But we were surprised it doesn't seem to be carried at some of the drugstore chains.

I'll be glad when it gets here, so far the ABX hasn't given me serious issues, I'm praying there are no serious side effects.

Some of the ABX I've had can really have serious side effects, for a few years afterward. So I just keep giving it all to the Lord.

Right now, the rash is peeling like a bad sunburn, and not bleeding as much. It still aches tho'.

And the face rash,feels a lot like wind burn, it is really dry. So far it isn't cracking and bleeding now, but I have to watch both rashes closely.

I'd better close for now... I'll keep this updated as able.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm glad you have some on hand. Very important.

Yes, it's about $1 a pill. Most Walgreen's and CVS have it .. yours doesn't?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

we have both aroune me but they are more expensive than walmart. sometime you can't beat it.

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and randi' >>>>>,

Have to check the other drugstores later, I tho't TrekC' had, he checked awhile back for Alka Seltzer Gold which is also hard to find here.

I haven't been out much lately, wont be getting anything else for a bit, 'til actual payday.

TrekC' had to go out to VA hospital pharmacy today,as they didn't send his new meds...drat them.

[Hopefully they wont try to make him pay for these too, as they are trying to do w/ other meds,they were providing for two years, now suddenly they expect him to pay... GgggrrrrrR [Mad] ].

I'll check in again later...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My very well know LLMD told me that if I had trouble finding Alkaseltzer Gold that I could use Sodium Bicarbonate tablets instead as that is the active ingredient anyways.

You can find Sodium Bicarb tablets everywhere and much much cheaper than Alkaseltzer Gold.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good info, sammy .. and don't use it too often, Silver.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver,

I had been concerned by the symptoms that you were describing and am glad that you went to the doctor to find out what exactly is going on.

Now that you know what is really going on, you can actually treat the infections.

Hopefully you will be able to tolerate the necessary antibiotics so that you can complete your treatments and get rid of the infections.

You might temporarily holding off on your supplements with the exception of probiotics & florastor (aka S. Boulardii). Maybe this would help you tolerate your necessary antibiotic treatments better. And it might help prevent GI problems.

Hang in there friend!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< sammy >>>>>,

Thanks for the reply [Smile] , Hope you are feeling better!

I've been wondering about cutting back a little , for awhile.

The B-12, Probiotics, Milk Thistle and, Cats Claw, w/ Turmeric-Resveratrol, and Andrographis seem to help. I also take some digestives and D-mmannose. [much of my stuff is low dose Buhner protocol].

But counting up meds/supplements the other day, after cutting back I still take around 30 supplements/meds a day.

So just the 10 or so above[ w/ prescriptions and sinus ] would be a huge vacation, from swallowing. I don't even count the liquid herbals, that I take from time to time.

I can go off of most of it for a week or so, but then I get exceptionally tired,if I don't ramp back up. I have to watch it closely so I don't catch some flu bug or other.

So far I am okay, but still achy,and itchy. I do get really tired from the ABX too.
So I think that cutting back on other supplements for a bit,might be a wise suggestion to take.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolf here with some clarification:

30 to 40[40 not '0'] capsules, caplets, pills, tablets etc.,Include[d,s]everything from wake up to bedtime.

Some things such as Magnesium, D-mannose, and Methyl'B-12, and D3, I take more than one [so that is 13 or 14 of the 30 or so.

Part of my Supplements have several necessary ingredients in one formula as well. so I check things and balance them carefully.

And because of cost, sometimes I ramp down awhile, until we can afford what is needful. it helps that certain supplements both TrekC' and I take so we keep them around.

We watch for sales, like 2 for the price of one, and buy one get one free when possible.

I do have two prescriptions, and a couple of O C T's Doctor asked me to stay on. One of the OCT's is only for when I have to take ABX,and I keep to only a couple sometimes one with that.

So that is where I am at, and quite often I ramp down after awhile. Some of these supplements, I've been taking for a decade or more. If I stop for to long I get way worse.

I can feel it when I am off some of the supplements for more than a week to 10 days. I am hopeful to find a good LLMD or LLND ,and be able to reassess at some point.

So that's where I am at for all of this...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

[ 02-11-2017, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< sammy, and Lymetoo >>>>>,

Just realized I missed what you said about the Sodium Bicarb tablets.

Thank you for the info', it would also be easier on my system than Cystex Plus, for keeping IC and infections calmed down.

My understanding was a smidge of fresh lemon juice squeezed into baking soda and water, can help when you just feel miserable, and can't find the Alka Seltzer Gold. I know sometimes I am herxing.

I've trimmed back on some of the supplements for a bit, as you suggested sammy, so we'll see if that helps.

The Clindi' is hitting something else as well. For a couple hours after my A.m and P.m capsules ,It aches to walk, or do anything kinda like If I had been forced to walk for miles and miles,or roller skate all day.

Then around the eyes, it is still peeling, but at least not bleeding. It often feels like
I've been out in high winds in a sandstorm. Doc' said around the eyes is actually a Seborrhea type issue.

I used to get it in my eyebrows occasionally but nothing like this, and I blame the peeling eyelids on all the ABX since 2015,Dec. The Cellulitis is,as well I'm sure. I've always been sensitive to ABX.

Ultimately, I suppose it all comes back to the Lyme and Co's.

Thanks for the info' ,I appreciate it!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think sammy was saying to stop the supps that kill bugs.. like Cat's Claw.

I would definitely keep the mag, the B12 and the D-Mannose.

I think lemon in the bicarb defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I don't know... lemon and I do not get along at all.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I had read something on the boards here,about using real fresh squeezed lemon, with a bit of baking soda,if Alka Seltzer Gold wasn't available.

Mostly for herxing I believe, but I have used a small bit of baking soda when the Bladder infection was bad, a couple times, to keep it calm.

Not sure what a true lemon juice would do as far as Urinary Tract, the soda is supposed to keep bacterium from sticking in the UT areas,a folk remedy.

I'm kinda careful about anything acidic anymore, too many issues. I have used Diluted Gatorade w/ a small amount of Baking Soda, and water. Sometimes necessity is the Mother of Invention as is said.

I am doubly watchful because of Diabetes,as well as IC. I am wondering if the Andrographis is still safe to take? , during the Clindi' treatment?

It helps keep weather migraines at bay for me. And I am wondering about the Elderberry capsules too. I normally feel better with them.

I have cut back several things because of the Clindi' treatment. So I hope it is enough, my legs feel leaden weather I take any supplements or not, for a couple three hours after the treatments.

I wonder what else it is hitting ?! I did get to get out for a little today, had to get my hair trimmed. I was beginning to feel like a shaggy pup dog.

If the rash would stop peeling I'd feel much better, but at least it isn't big chunks of sking coming off now just little bits on the borders of the rash.

Around my eyes, the Seborrhea rash makes the skin feel like I've been in a sandstorm. The meds for that, a cream, are soothing. I hope it stops peeling too, and soon.

LOL, I misspelled Seborrhea [as Seborhea],and the auto correct wanted to know if I wanted 'horeshair' or Seborrhea... that's weird.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and sammy, and other LymeNet Family >>>>>,

The rash es are slow to heal, but I got out for a bit, Monday,and got my hair cut,it was getting so shaggy,[ [Big Grin] A Wolfi' can't see with to much hair in her eyes].

Then I got to go to Choir practice last night, that was fun, tho' it still hurts to sit very much.

I am wondering, what are the killer supplements besides the Cats Claw, I do a very low dose modified Buhner Protocol.

After i get off the ABX next week, I am thinking of redoing it. Will review somethings, for instance, i take i capsule of Sarsaparilla in the a.m w/ breakfast, and one Milk thistle at lunch.

I know they are similar, however the Milk thistle is awfully strong [yet it calmed my liver when Metformin caused me serious issues]. So I take the Sarsaparilla in A.M, for just a bit more help,it seems gentler.

Some of the Supplements I often take are Combos',so I don't have to swallow quite as much stuff. I've learned to check the combo's before adding things so I don't get to much of various ingredients.

Right now I am on an even more modified supps' routine, because of the Clindi.I usually take much more, but i back off some with ABX.

I'll be reading up,and reviewing what I usually take, to see if some changes are in order.
Any tho'ts , for instance more natural types of products that act as ABX, such as the garlic? I do take that often.

Thanks for reading this, and for any tho'ts y'all may share.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad it's finally getting better! WHEW!!

Anything acidic will negatively affect IC ..

I'm sorry, I'm not the one to ask about which herbs kill stuff. All I knew for sure was the cat's claw.

Hope you continue to get better each day! Did your Florastor come in?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it came in Thurs. Hopefully she will get better every day!

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and TrekC' >>>>>,

TrekC', thank you hon'!

Lymetoo, hopefully someone that knows more what is killer type Supps' for Bacterial infections,and viruses will check in.

I have to look thru my Buhner book too, I can't remember, in general, what products work for which infections/conditions.

I think hitting my head end of Dec. knocked out most of what memory I've had. Information just doesn't stick in there and recall well anymore.

My big three, go to Buhner Protocol supplements, have been the Cats Claw, Resveratrol[ Japanese Knotweed], and Andrographis, which helps me w/ weather related headaches. And then B-12[methyl'],now D-mannose, and Magnesium.

So if we are short on funding,I try to keep those on hand, until we can get other suplements.

Gotta check the Laundry,so I'll check back in a bit!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Updating:

I'm a-peeling a lot... [pun intended].

I've been just sloughing off a bunch... oh when will this end...

Well the Doc said it was all gonna peel, but peeling around me eyes adds insult to injury. I'll be glad when it all calms down.

I wonder if sandman has been using a sand blaster around my eyes.

Well at least the itching is calming down some...so that's good. Hope all are having a good day inspite of the trials we all go thru!

Jus' Silverwolfi her

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Bumping this up with the other 'yet another rash,as I checkthe lack of progress with the rash.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement