LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pure,unrefined,cold pressed,virgin coconut oil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pure,unrefined,cold pressed,virgin coconut oil
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Added coconut oil yesterday after researching all the fabulous health benefits.

Started slow... 1/2 teaspoon in morning coffee
1/2 teaspoon afternoon green tea

Got out of bed this morning and almost fainted, so dizzy, low blood pressure, couldn't walk,crying,fits of panic,yelling at cat,diarrhea,headache.

I need this like I need another hole in my head. Threw the oil right in the garbage. I want NO part of this. Can't take it.

Hey Tincup,
Thanks for encouraging words, much appreciated. [Smile]

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird. Just some kind of fat shouldn't affect you that way, but then with Lyme who knows what's doing what.

When I've gotten weird effects from things that should have no affect at all I stop everything for 24 hours.

I'm glad you threw out the oil and not the cat [Smile]

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Bartenderb' >>>>>,

Any chance you are sensitive to salicylates [ Aspirin ]?

If you are, coconut oils may not work for you.

Sorry it affected you so negatively, no fun that.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When CVS doesn't have alkaselzer selzer gold, I ll buy alka selzer lemon which has aspirin and I have no problems.

This coconut oil is probably killing something, germs, viruses, or parasites but it's way too strong for this ***** cat.

Gonna go back to sleep under the coffee table.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's very high in salicylates. I can no longer touch it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only use it for oil pulling. too much fat and I get really sick.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1/2 teaspoon still may be too much for you to start with.
Agree with the others about the salicylates, but if you have high candida, it can throw you a punch.

It is also antibacterial and anti-viral.

I had to start with 1/4 teaspoon per day and work my way up.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The coconut oil could have caused you to feel so rotten by killing organisms , yeast, etc. If I overdo it I feel the same.

I now use it trans-dermally, applied to skin and only on a couple legs, or arms, or face area at one time.

Here is a list of ways to use it- just go slower this time and don't do it every day.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/treatment/coconut-oil

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One way to tell if it's a problem for you with salicylates is that applied to the skin, you will ITCH all over.

For several years I thought it was die-off .. NOPE.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Heartbroken, thought it could be helpful to add at this point with all its killing properties.

Been treating yeast for 2 months now and my swollen belly is almost gone but who knows ?

Sorry guys, but it's now in the garbage to stay.. I will never touch that stuff again, holy cow.

I ll be back on the battlefield tomorrow, God willing.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Holy smokes. Vertigo and dizziness very extreme.

Coconut oil highlighted my weaknesses.

Off all meds. Nothing. Not even a vitiamin. Only large amounts of water to flush system.

Hopefully it will pass. . . Soon.

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< BartenderB' >>>>>,

Gentle Cyber hugs, and prayers you are feeling better very soon.

I was blessed, the Coconut oil I used, on my eyelids stopped the bleeding,and peeling from my rash issue. This darn illness is so individualistic, one never knows what will or wont work.

Take it slow, and remember to just breathe, some friends used to tell me that, it seemed obvious, 'til I realized, that when I hurt, and am really stressed,

... I maybe don't breathe as deeply and slowly as I should.

I have to go off of all treatment for a few days, if I have a bad reaction,or get a flu bug etc. I have to go back on to my supplement plan tho' or eventually I get too tired.

Praying for quick recovery,and that your year will get steadily better!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Much better today.

Be careful of coconut oil. Very strong reaction, to be sure.

Back on protocol. Day behind though because I pulse flagyl on weekends.

Live and learn.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at my thread on 'Body refusing good foods / supplements'.

coconut oil for me was always a problem too, even though I can eat fresh coconut meat, drink it's juice without any problem!

The oil is too hard to digest, in my feeling.

In your case, it looks like die off reaction though (as you can take aspirin, it is probably not a salicylate intolerance).

I'm working on chicken broth and zinc now. If my body can take these stuff now (after my scalar wave Chi remedy), I'll be brave and try coconut oil again (like you).

But I have to go slow. It's hard to be brave when the memory of the bad-reaction is still fresh! [Smile]
---------------------------------

It just came to me, that if I can take the fresh fruit and its juice, it could be that we are reacting to the oxidized particles in the oil!

There are some practitioners that SWEAR that not even olive oil is good, unless you press it yourself and drink it immediately.

All plant oils oxidize in contact with air, which means, oxidized particles damage our cells, DNA, etc.

They say that bacon is fine (if my memory is good), but any other plant oil oxidizes in contact with air and they damage more than nourish.

I still take olive oil, daily, and I do not over-react to it, like I do with a COFFEE SPOON of coconut oil.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a gallbladder Bonnie?
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thanks for input.

You guys are so smart, how do you retain all this information ?

I have NO short term memory. Gone.

I have gallbladder, though probably wants out of my body.

Everything I researched said coconut oil better than liquid gold. Amazing medicinal uses.

But not for me.

I only post my experience to help others. I also understand when someone is so SICK , they will try anything to improve their health.

Wishing you good luck with anything you try.
We NEED to beat this.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bonnie, no worry.

I am lyme-free for the last 8 years. My brain is working again, since lyme left me 7.5 years ago.

During lyme, I could read a page of the newspaper....

... I understood all words, but the meaning was like 'nothing'.

All those words were individually understood, but the sentences together made no point, no sense.

I kept trying to get some meaning out of articles I read... No way. Specially about society, economy, business, politics, history...

I forgot my way home, so many times...

Or the way to the target destination (like the food store).

when I finally reached the food store, I realized I had forgotten my wallet home!

Then I had to return to pick the wallet, if I could find my way back.

I spend most of my time laughing of myself. How many times I had to pull the car out, and wait until some light came and I could finally remember the way to my destination.

My brain was so destroyed that I didn't REALIZE I was so bad, so I could only laugh of myself.

Today, almost 8 years after lyme, I assure you that almost full 2 years of my life are like blank.

I have almost no memory of what I did, whom I met, what I lived then.

I still meet people I saw during that time, who know my name, etc, and I have no CLUE where I met them, when, who they even are...

A blank, literally. It still feels strange to me.

The good news: keep trying and treating: most people improve!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Very encouraging Brussels. [Smile]

Had to read your post 3 times to fully appreciate your message.

I m trying to remember everyone of your words like the gospel. So important to relax and to think that this too shall pass. . .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement