LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Failed root canal, infected root.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Failed root canal, infected root.
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not stand my teeth anymore, they were just throbbing to the point that I was taking oxycontin at night for the pain.

Emergency dental visit.

She took out one that had a cavity so big it was reaching all the way into the gum line, and found a failed root canal in a lower molar on the right, the side I have tinnitus on. She ALSO found that the very back molar (1st?) had cracked in half way under the gumline, at the root. The roots were infected and looked mushy.

We talked about yanking them today but finally agreed it was better to wait a couple days since I already had one pulled. I'm going back in on Thursday to get these pulled out of my mouth.

She gave me clindamycin but I told her I wasn't sure if I should take it because of the Lyme. Would you take it? Have a call in to LLMD.

Also...what do you think the chances are that my jawbone is infected? I can't find this question on Google really -- the tisse around the roots looks okay.

Anyone have experience with this?

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can use PEMF to stop the pain and to heal the infections.

Far infrared with a wavelength of 880 will also help, but may take longer.

This is from my experiences using the SOTA Magnetic Pulser and the SOTA LightWorks.
I've used both on tooth and jaw pain, the Mag Pulser worked more quickly.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many have taken clindamycin for Lyme and/or babesia. .. but do MAKE SURE to take plenty of Florstor along with it.

You can get c.diff quite easily from clindy.

Also .. if you are still on Diflucan .. then you can't take Florastor with it. The Diflucan will kill the beneficial yeast.

It's no wonder you are feeling so ill with bad teeth in your mouth. Wow!

I wouldn't worry about your jaw just yet. Take care of the bad teeth and see how you do.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is at the moment I'm not on anything per doc except diflucan. I'm not sure if I could handle another herx at the moment but I do want to take the Clinda even though the dentist said it wasn't entirely necessary.

Call in to doc. See what he says.For me it actually might be necessary.

And thanks 22. I'm hoping this is part of my problem. Those infections had to be there a long time.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, you just can't catch a break.

Whenever I get tooth pain, I take 1 ounce of silvercillin and leave it in my mouth to saturate the tooth for a few minutes, then swallow it.

But I m like you. I would want to take the clinda. Must destroy the invaders.

Hang in there

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, also maybe see if dentist can save some diseased tissue or old tooth for PCR testing.

Tell them you would like to know what type of bacteria causes this. More evidence.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

I asked her, she said it was illegal because it was a biohazard. She'll do it for kids because of the tooth fairy but not adults.

if you saw my xrays it would be pretty obvious I was way too far gone for silvercillin. It's scary down there.

Jordana
Member # 45305

Talked to doc, he says take the clinda.

He also said Lyme usually doesn't invade the jaw.

Something else might though.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if that's true that Lyme doesn't invade the jaw...

http://www.arizonaadvancedmedicine.com/Articles/2013/June/Lyme-disease-often-resides-in-the-mouth.aspx

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/5/19/977411/-

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, maybe this is a clue as to why you have been feeling so poorly, Jordana. I have a lot of dental concerns and recently a periodontist found 'cavitations' as evidenced by spongy, porous bone at site of all wisdom teeth extractions many years ago.

I recently started a thread about this on Lymenet and am trying to figure out whether I should have any cavitation work done. Seems very scary to me right now.

I think your issues could be acute, since your dentist found so much going on. Perhaps taking care of these teeth and their infection will make a huge difference for you.

Clindamycin has helped many here. I would be inclined to take it and if you herx severely, let your doctor know and perhaps, she could switch to something else. I took augmentin while recovering from oral surgery with no issues.

You can get a culture by contacting Dental Connexions. http://www.dnaconnexions.com/Tests-Provided-DNA-Connexions.html

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

dbpei getting to the dentist and getting that extraction was so easy compared to how crappy I've been feeling lately.

Sooooo tired. The days wee just fading into each other and I kept reading about how tooth infections can invade your brain and kill you, so I was actually relieved to get there and get this poison out of my mouth.

The dentist wasn't Lyme literate but she was Lyme sympathetic.

If you think you want to do cavitation surgery I say go for it. There is something about taking care of these problems that is really gratifying -- at least you don't have to worry about THAT anymore.

If you're worried about it being painful or difficult, remember we're not like other people. An extremely minor surgery is nothing compared to how bad we know things can get.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordana, soo sorry you're going through dental hell too.

But look at the good side: maybe this is a sign for you to look carefully at your mouth's health.

It took me WAY too long to decide to treat my mouth, jawbones, etc, because I kept refusing to see what was going on, under my teeth.

Once you saw what infections do the roots, the way they VISUALLY look, our bones, teeth roots, mushy creamy no longer bone...

I mean, what good can that make for your overall health?

You can bet that when you FINALLY see the damage in the X-rays, it is already too late. I swear, from own experience, that NONE of my cavitations were to be seen through X rays, seen by exactly 5 different dentists in different countries!!!

All them said categorically: the bones are good, your roots aren't infected, there's nothing showing that in X-rays.

The guy who finally took my first teeth off made me SIGN A PAPER saying, he'll pull the teeth off, but if they were not infected, it was not HIS fault!!

Well, he was wrong, my lyme doctor and naturopath were totally right. FULL infection, mushy bones, the dentist first used a little SPOON to take what was supposed to be my BONES!!

When I felt the smell, and saw that, it was a shock. I had a dull pain in one of the infected root canals, but the other one, nothing, and it was also fully infected!!!

Take the teeth off, clean it as much as possible. I would certainly recommend a BIOLOGICAL dentist, because they have ways to test bacteria energetically. It means, they will continue scrapping the bones, until energetically, they find no more bacteria.

A normal dentist will do it only visually. It means, he'll take about 10% of what he's supposed to take, in my opinion.

From the moment he took my tooth off, took the spoons of dead bone, then bored a hole to clean the bones, I swear, it was less than 10 minutes for sure!

The other 15-20 minutes or so he worked on my mouth, was to clean what his eyes were not seeing as infection any longer.

How did he do that? My lyme doctor was just beside me, he tested each millimeter of the bones, and told him: 'take off here, take off there' etc.

That took much longer than simple visual cleaning.

When the area is cleaned, even after the trauma of losing teeth, surgery, etc, I swear that I felt like I was carrying a BIG bag of potatoes off my back! It was such a relief, despite the pain, swollen face etc...

I hope you'll get through it and then feel better after.

Infection does spread through bones, in a silent way. At least, that is what happened to me.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Thanks Brussels. I had a couple days where my mouth was just burning, numb, electric. I'm thinking, oh Lyme herxing. Because there was no evidence on the outside there was anything wrong, and even when we were looking at the xrays I had to INSIST those teeth did not look normal.

It wasn't her fault -- she wasn't hard to convince.

But you're right, modern conventional dentists are so naive in a way, like conventional doctors. If they can't see the problem with their magic toys they think it doesn't exist.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Man, you guys are so BRAVE !

You just NEVER give up.

Do everything and anything to kill the invaders.

Upmost respect for your efforts, as it benefits ALL of us.

THANK YOU !!!

I m not there yet.

Jordana
Member # 45305

I'm not anywhere, Bonnie [Smile] . But we all trudge through eh.
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There could be a silver lining to this, as these infections could be what was keeping you from making progress.

It will be very interesting to see if you feel better after getting these problem teeth out.

You may want to find a biological dentist to evaluate whether the infection went deeper. Sometimes they find cavitations that regular dentists don't. Try to find one that does energy testing. Then they can often use ozone to treat.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with what others post here. Dental issues can be a common root of why people don't recover easily from Lyme and co.

Check out what betterhealthguy says and experienced here. Note most dentists can't detect or treat dental (Jaw bone) cavitations.

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/cavitation

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

I'm really hoping this helps, too. As far as cavitations go I've been thinking about that, but these two teeth have to go first.

Been really sick for a couple weeks -- not muscle twitching or nerve issues but sick, like exhausted, need to sleep for hours, jaw pain, tinnitus,weakness. I'm hoping getting rid of these things will give me some juice.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott took much longer to treat his cavitations!

He said 'no solid food for 8 days, lots of swelling etc'.

My cavitation surgeries were MUCH smoother!

I did 7!!!

The last ones, I had no swelling, very little pain. In one week, I was almost normal (except for the big hole, as always, from the surgery).

No swelling and no pain: I swear by my Violet Ray!!

Scott said: he would have prepared his own homeopathic remedy from his teeth (next time).

I ALWAYS took homepathic dilutions from my infected teeth after procedure (that makes post-surgery much easier, I believe).

You can do that at home, if your surgeon is not familiar! You just need a piece of infected tissue (teeth).

Your body gets ready to fight the exact infections that were in that exact cavitation!

I never needed anything to support my jaws, avoiding car rides etc. No way.

It was MUCH easier!!

It was not even 20% as dramatic as he describes.

I guess, I had good homeopathic support from my lyme doctor! He's a MASTER-homeopath.

I can tell you his products (very inexpensive, easy to take). They prepare you before and after surgery.

My lyme doctor has more than a DECADE of experience, I suspect about 2 decades of experience with cavitation surgeries.

Scott's results were though very good.

he said:

--------------------------------------
My acupuncturist of several years always found stress in my system, limited energy reserves, and either digestive or kidney weakness.

It was a rare day that I would see her that everything looked good. The three visits thus far after the procedure showed a huge shift.

She said my body was deeply processing and that my system overall was much stronger.

I was honestly blown away by what a difference she was able to sense.

She even commented that she was not a supporter of the procedure prior to me having done it, and that I had changed her mind now on cavitation procedures.

A naturopath that I regularly work with for energetic testing usually finds 8-10 new products to either add or rotate in my protocol.

After the procedure, there were only two things. One for inflammation which has always been my primary issue and a homeopathic to support the thyroid.

I literally thought the fax must not have come through and a page must have been missing! This was another huge validation that things were definitely heading in an even better direction.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dbpei:
I recently started a thread about this on Lymenet and am trying to figure out whether I should have any cavitation work done. Seems very scary to me right now.

Our family member healed up real fast from the cavitation work. We used homeopathic Symphytum 6x(to heal bone),

Ruta graveolens 6c (to heal the lining of the bone) and Staphysagria 6c (to heal the incision),

three to four times a day for 3 days. We used Arnica 30c before and after surgery for the trauma/possible bruising, swelling.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

I'm probably going to end up doing this eventually...
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting... (from Brussels)

"I ALWAYS took homepathic dilutions from my infected teeth after procedure (that makes post-surgery much easier, I believe).

You can do that at home, if your surgeon is not familiar! You just need a piece of infected tissue (teeth)."

---

I wanted my extracted tooth but the dentist refused to give it to me. She said it was illegal in the US because it is a biohazard!

It's in my head & it's considered a biohazard... bizarre...!

She allowed me to take a photo of it.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement