LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can candida cause tinnitus???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can candida cause tinnitus???
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ears are killing me? can yeast cause this ringing??

[ 02-22-2017, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: randibear ]

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain meds?

(but yes, it can)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to make a guess that it doesn't, for the reason that I think it's due to inflamed nerves.

When I did a strong PEMF (pulsed electro-magnetic frequency) machine treatment for up to an hour, my tinnitus went away for 6 hours - just quiet - the world was quiet - quiet is like a sound all its own when you're not used to it!

I had a chance to inquire of a top LLMD shortly after and they said it probably quieted down the nerves to the ears.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that inflammation is a big factor with tinnitus. Yeast or candida can be behind that inflammation - but so many other things can as well. I have tinnitus in both ears of very different types.

My deaf ear has a constant low tone whoosh. My hearing ear has an annoying high pitched hum but it is not every day all day like the deaf ear. My best days are the days that good ear is quiet. I believe these are good days because the inflammation is down.

I take turmeric, vinpocetine, lithium orotate, L-Arginine, lysine, and fish oil all in an attempt to help reduce inflammation and tinnitus.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many medications can cause tinnitus... and you're on new ones, right?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2014/01/17/probiotics-weight-management.aspx

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Newest edition - listings here that are not on the internet yet, if you list separately every Rx you take with the term "ototoxicity" & then, later a separate search also with "Bauman" you might find a reference;

http://hearinglosshelp.com/shop/ototoxic-drugs-exposed/

Ototoxic Drugs Exposed (3rd edition)

The Shocking Truth About Prescription Drugs, Medications, Chemicals and Herbals That Can (and Do) Damage Our Ears

By Neil Bauman, Ph.D.

. . . detailed listings of the ear-damaging side effects of 877 drugs, 35 herbals and 148 chemicals (798 pages).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Because so many Rx are ototoxic when there are things going on for which there may be easier methods for our ears, such as candida management, you might consider these as good solid approaches to help combat candida (along with avoid simple sugars):

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/119197?#000000

Topic: Garlic vs Allicin

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/119089?#000000

ANDROGRAPHIS paniculata - LINKS SET

http://www.altcancer.com/andcan.htm

In-Depth-Review

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=121034;p=0

BERBERINE – LINKS SET

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030549;p=0

OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT – LINKS

And, for some time periods when Rx are required and they are also ototoxic, if no other alternative exists, if tinnitus develops, that's often a sign of hearing / vestibular damage that could be due to otoxicity. Liver support MAY help and is always a requirement, always.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24988090

Personally...200mg Pycnogenol daily should help in time - not "overnight".

It has to do with improving inner ear blood flow i.e., significant vascular benefits.

And then there's black seed (cumin) oil...whoa!!! Ancient remedy for LOTS of problems. AMAZING...

even HIV:

https://tinyurl.com/hnjl6wy

with Manuka honey?

If concerned with candida:

There are specific strains of probiotics to help restore the "good guys" : candida RATIO.

On Amazon, find the 4 1/2 to 5 star(user reviews)re: the most effective probiotics used to fight Candida.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered seagate olive leaf, caprylic acid, candida clear and I have good probiotics.

but I cant take probotics when doing candida treatment can I?

hmmmm, could black seed work for lyme?

I've been off abx since december but I am taking nadolol, diovan, elavil and ativan. I tried to go off elavil and ativan by myself, and stupidly got in trouble. ended up in drs office with him in a yelling tizzy....a really bad scene incurred which, really, was my fault.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have ringing ears as a symptom until I started antibiotics. I'm blaming the meds. [Wink]

Just kidding. Not sure, but inflammation seems to be the root of a lot.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
[QB]

but I cant take probotics when doing candida treatment can I?

-
Sure. Why not?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
db. I wonder if there's inner ear herpes?

Tried "John's Protocol" for tinnitus, must be somewhere on the Net. And the one thing that was scary for me was the lysine. That really seemed to affect the tinnitus negatively and increased ear pain too, if I remember right.

Read later that sup can reactivate herpes!!

Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You say you plan to take OLE with caprylic acid.

I would not take caprylic acid at all. You've reported so many times in the past of very rough GI troubles. caprylic acid is contraindicated for someone with such issues and not only likely will make you feel much stomach pain, could be dangerous given your past GI episodes.

It's a very strong ACID, that is key to keep in mind, a very strong ACID.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Apparently, the Candida Clear you say you ordered also contains Caprylic Acid. In my experience with the several times - over time - trying so hard to make it work for me . . . and other information as well as your past GI emergencies, I cannot stress strongly enough that caprylic acid poses a high risk of trouble for you.

I got this from one web search result, check to see if this is the ingredient list in Candida Clear that you ordered,

I thought I saw one search result that listed Black Walnut in it but do not see that here. If Black Walnut is in it, that can also be very harsh and cause much pain to some with tender tummy issues.

As with all herbs, (though caprylic acid is not an herb) and the like, some things just are not suited for some body types for a variety of reasons.

Ingredients:

The Combo packet contains two capsules of Pau D’Arco, two capsules of Caprylic Acid and two capsules of Yeast/Fungal Detox.

The Enzyme packet contains a proprietary blend of cellulase, protease concentrate, amylase, protease, bromelain, hemicellulase and glucoamylase.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
mjo,

Yes, there are some herpes strains that are "drawn to" the nerves that supply the entire vestibular system (inner / middle ear).

Cranial nerve VII is one of the most problematic for ears / lyme, too.

Olive Leaf Extract, as well as some other herbs, can have a multi-faceted action. OLE particularly helpful against herpes, though. Morton Walker's book highlights this.

It think it's no so much that a particular microbial infection is "drawn to" a certain body part or nerve pathway but that when such nerve pathways are compromised or damaged, any infection can take hold and cause more chaos.

Though, the thinking that some infections to "target" certain nerve pathways, organs or cause certain functions to go haywire is something that is very interesting and would take far more study than I'm able to give it for full understanding.

For what it's worth,

Lysine also causes me trouble, for what it's worth. It "reads" very well but I've tried a couple different times and it always makes my mouth sores worse, not better.

What does help, other than Seagate OLE is D-Mannose.

And what helps the most lately is CHLORELLA as the nutrient replenishment.
-

randibear
Member # 11290

I put the caprylic acid on the shelf.

everything I read has it or something I can't take.

oregano really tore me up.

surely there must be something to treat systemic yeast without a prescription andthat I can tolerate....cress

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement