LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Whole Body Vibration Machines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whole Body Vibration Machines
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to be a lot written on these days for excercise, detox, osteoporosis, lymph drainage etc. They have a wide price range also.

Has anyone tried one of these.

Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what you're asking about - can you be more specific?
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are a form of vibration exercise which stimulates many muscle movements and such things as lymphatic drainage, bone density growth, pain relief etc. My wife tried one in a recent Florida vacation and had some pretty substantial improvements in her ability to walk as well as her balance. Here is the website that handles them among many http://www.vibrationmachine.reviews/brands/vibratrim.php

So my question is has anybody use these and had any positive results or does anybody have any feedback on the possible use of them

Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Here is a couple Amazon extracts
https://www.amazon.com/Whole-Body-Vibration-Future-Health/dp/0989066207/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490447769&sr=8-1&keywords=Whole+Body+Vibration+Becky+Chambers

https://www.amazon.com/Confidence-Fitness-Vibration-Platform-Machine/dp/B00COGQ9IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490447820&sr=8-1&keywords=Whole+Body+Vibration+Machines

https://www.amazon.com/Hypervibe-Whole-Vibration-Machine-Mobile/dp/B01N43TTZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490447642&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Whole+Body+Vibration&psc=1

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I couldn't because my joints are unstable. People present with varied symptoms so one's symptoms would have to be able to handle this.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've used one. My doctor has them. That was about 6 yrs ago and it was fine then for me. Not now anymore.

I think it's good for most people.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Not for anyone with any kind of inner ear issues as it could make them very ill.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Remember a few years back when someone was touting a vibration chamber in Los Angeles for Lyme treatment. We shall see.
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one at the gym is called the Sonic. I love it. Really moves lymph in difficult to get to places.

I see some people sitting on the platform because they are trying to get lymph edema down from breast cancer surgery.

I think it could be good for anti-aging as it is REALLY moves all of the tissues.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jcarlnew- I remember that. I actually went to Utah where there was one. You sit in the room and sound frequencies come out? It cost $60,000 to buy one (for a doctors office). Is that the one you are talking about? You sit around this tank that has some kind of apparatus in it. It was pretty cool.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

That's the one. The one I ordered is $1800
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

jcarlnew - That's good! What's it called again?
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried one once at a gym and it made me feel horrible immediately.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This 30 year experienced chiropractor thinks Whole Body Vibration is great.

He explains it in easy words what does it do, why does it help.

Just 6 minutes.

video dr. Metus whole body vibration

It reduces high blood pressure, it even helps your arteries to open up, it's like doing physical exercise!

In the gym, you only use about 40% of the muscles. Whole body vibration operates about 80% of the muscles!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those with mast cell disease do not tolerate vibration.

Even riding in a car can spell trouble for some.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

You must take it really slow. I will keep the board informed during my 30 day trial. I got the VMax-Pulser 2
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was probably the issue for me, Lymetoo. At the time I was having problems with histamine issues. I even had trouble with my husband's old '83 diesel Mercedes.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow... I hear ya!

Hey.. it would make a great diagnostic tool for MCAS!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I do not have the link for this as a I read it long about from an ILADS LLMD writings.

Spirochetes hate, hate, hate: heat, cold and vibration. Any of these will make the spirochetes spring deeper into the body to try to find less irritating place [and spew forth more toxins in their irritation]

&/or go into protective cyst form.

I remembered this as I awoke this morning.

Other than for histamine . . . or vestibular reasons, these might also be discussed with one's LL doctor before using.

Or, if there is no LL doctor, try calling one who is not yours just to see if the office staff might pose such a question to the LLMD as a kindness if they might have some thoughts of the use of such a machine for a patient at such and such a point.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
One way to - maybe - tell if your inner ear system could handle it is to determine if you are visually oriented more than with proprioceptive "radar" so to speak. Those who rely more on their eyes to determine their place in physical space are more likely to be thrown off balance, nausea with vibration.

I have to stop now, though.
-

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

So are you saying that infrared sauana heat causes spirochete to produce cyst form?
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by jcarlnew:
So are you saying that infrared sauana heat causes spirochete to produce cyst form?

My LLMD talked about using infrared sauna and a cyst buster together as a treatment. We never did the protocol, but it was discussed. So maybe?

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Q: jcarlnew's question:

"So are you saying that infrared sauana heat causes spirochete to produce cyst form? " (end quote)

No, when used as intended - infrared sauna is LOW heat, warmth, really. Regular saunas would be far too hot, though.

And if an infrared sauna is used hotter than intended, of course, the real issue is the degree to which the body is stressed,

when there is a shift in the body to such a degree as the sprirochetes KNOW something is up and they are threatened . . . that's what I understood as the issue with their mounting their defenses. [as they do with most antibiotics, actually]

Sorry, I should have made the distinction between gently WARMTH and the toll of actual HEAT that stresses.

Thanks for pointing out the question.

A cozy warmth is good. A cozy warmth helps encourage circulation and sweating (it need not be sweltering hot to sweat).

Infrared saunas have been VERY helpful when used at their intended low heat range - for many reasons.

As summer is approaching, it's a good reminder though to anyone new to lyme that many who deal with lyme don't do very well in hot weather so to take precautions as it can be dangerous.

There are always a few exceptions, a few folks who seem like super able regarding the ability to tolerate heat but most with lyme really can run into trouble. Same thing with hot baths, can be sickening, even neurologically dangerous.

Still, cozy warmth of a relaxing nature is a good place.

As to sixgoofykids' note about a cyst buster with infrared treatments - that sounds like a good idea as even (safe) low heat / gentle warmth helps so much with circulation and that can help Rx get where they can work better.

And most protocols include treating the cystic form of lyme, too. It's really necessary.

So, what I'm thinking may be of help with you get that machine your ordered is to be sure to start it off really slow and increase only tiny bit by tiny bit so no really shock to the system. Same with when you stop it if there is a way to slow down gradually.

Any "disturbance to the force" that can be minimized should be of help to prevent spirochetes' alarm systems going bonkers . . . at least that is the way I interpret it. Gently, gently.

And if your protocol includes a cyst buster, get that on board a week or so before you start with the machine so you are used to it.

There are various herbals that Buhner discusses in his books, too, for such purpose.

If you have any visual vertigo stuff, be sure your line of sight is not going to be startled by something and just don't have it near glass tables or sharp furniture in case you tip over.

Your inner ear system will be working harder so that's why this suggestion. And the eyes may do a

[totally explainable as the ears affect vision so much]

"nystagmus" dance of sorts and vision might bounce or spasm -- maybe not noticeable to you but as the inner ear will be working harder, that's just why the suggestion to not have a busy visual field or something that will change fast.

Do not even think about trying to read while using the machine. A pleasant scene or steady camera travel video would be good of course but even TV might be too much, especially if there are commercials or sudden shifts of scene.

When you get off the machine, be sure to have a place to sit just in case. Your inner ear / balance system may feel like it just got off a ship for a few minutes. Ginger capsules can help a bit if this is a bother. If it's more than a bother, then it may not be right for your system.

Still, with all positive vibes coming your way:

It may well be that this will be very good for you. I hope so.
-

[ 03-31-2017, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

We will take it very slow and would have never tried the 30 day return machine if I had not witnessed the effects on balance and pitting edema with my wife. We have been around lyme disease for 20 years now and this blog. I appreciate all the contributions and caring people. So for now we will continue with prayer, Dr. H care and protocol, keep at the mbot, try the machine, and try to make observations on the pycnogenol https://www.amazon.com/Viva-Naturals-Pycnogenol-Veggie-Capsules/dp/B014Q1M4FM/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1491019141&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Pycnogenol&psc=1 path that I personally pursued when all 5 of us were stricken and still believe in, especially with MBOT. I am the healthiest today, don't always feel great but am blessed enough to play tennis 3 times a week at 60 years old. We all keep the ideas going until we can look back someday at a time when a cure was found for tick born diseases. "there is wisdom in counsel"

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement