LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Low VEGF

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Low VEGF
garnet10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garnet10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc tested VEGF and it was very low, less than the lower limit of normal <31pg/ml.

I have read low VEGF can cause air hunger, which I've had for years.

When I took sustained release T3 for low metabolic rate, slow reflex measurement, feeling cold all the time, the air hunger resolved.

I had to discontinue the SRT3 due to development of nail retraction called Plummer's nails, a sign of too much thyroid hormone, and now the air hunger has returned.

Anyone have success raising their VEGF? resolving air hunger?

Posts: 116 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey G,

My VEGF was almost zero (none detected). I'd had air hunger problems, even hyperventilating sometimes. I also took some thyroid meds but discontinued them after seeing a euro-chiropractor.

The neuro-chiro was able to stimulate the part of the brain that controls the thyroid and I didn't need them again. NICE!

BUT- the air hunger would come and go till I treated the babesiosis.

Could this be something for you to consider?

Here is some info on Babesiosis.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/tick-borne-diseases/babesia

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is VEGF ?

This ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vascular_endothelial_growth_factor

If yes perhaps this might interest You https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17488804

Ozone therapy also increases this chemical

Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garnet10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garnet10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
Hey G,

My VEGF was almost zero (none detected). I'd had air hunger problems, even hyperventilating sometimes. I also took some thyroid meds but discontinued them after seeing a euro-chiropractor.

The neuro-chiro was able to stimulate the part of the brain that controls the thyroid and I didn't need them again. NICE!

BUT- the air hunger would come and go till I treated the babesiosis.

Could this be something for you to consider?

Here is some info on Babesiosis.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/tick-borne-diseases/babesia

I thought about Babesia, but I have had this air hunger problem for decades, starting when I lived in a "concrete jungle". And I don't have any night sweats. Of course, anything is possible.

I can try treating for Babesia to see if I herx.

But the SRT3 completely resolves the symptom.

Posts: 116 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that HIGH VEGF could indicate Bartonella Infection
Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nitsuj1225
Member # 39866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitsuj1225     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second what Jackie81 said. My doc did this test to see if it was high which she said would indicate Bart. It can also be high if you have cancer since the tumor uses the VEGF for growing and spreading.

Bart has been known to trigger an increase in VEGF to get to hard to reach areas of the body which is what my doc told me.

Mine came back very low and she didn't have any idea what low meant so I was kind of disappointed I finally showed an abnormality on a test but no one had any idea what it meant.

I find it interesting I also have intermittent air hunger, feel cold a lot and have slightly abnormal thyroid tests but nothing to indicate a real problem.

I assume it's one of the infections, could be babesia or one of the pneumonia's like mycoplasma or possibly your body trying to keep bart in check.

For what it's worth I have tested positive via blood tests for myco, FL1953, bart, and EBV but never babesia. Don't have the night sweats either but definite air hunger that waxes and wanes.

Posts: 20 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andreading
Member # 51004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andreading     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone on here gotten there VEGF up? I tested indeterminate to Lyme via Igenix with: 31+ 39 I. 41+++. But I have a less than 31 VEGF and C3 a. Lots of neurological symptoms that have been constant for the past two months, although they first appeared about a year ago. Anyway, I’m so nervous thinking of the other possibilities. Please give me some hope!
Posts: 8 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement