LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Worth a visit to ER?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worth a visit to ER?
Krystel
Member # 50109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krystel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice since this is sort of a new development in my lyme treatment.

I've had heart palpitations on and off thru treatment and before but now I've had them continually for a week. Always worse at night and now not letting up in the day or while sitting up/ standing.

I'm not on abs at the moment and I detox continually. I take magnesium and a slew of other supplements right now.

I called my LD but I doubt she'll get back with me today-she never does. I just dont know if it will be worth going to the ER or not. I feel my heart pounding everywhere and it is not easing up at all today.

Posts: 10 | From CO | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go, get it checked out now. Please.

I am not expecting any major problems, I just know what it is like on a Friday night thru Sunday night at the ER and you need to be there in the event it gets worse.

Plus you will worry all weekend if this continues.

Please lettuce no how you are doing ASAP.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW- I am the absolute LAST person to try to get someone to go to the hospital. I despise them.

So I don't take this situation with telling you to go lightly.

We don't hesitate when it is our heart or our eyes involved. That's my rule.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

OR, do you have a dew drop in doc place near you? Often faster and if needed they can advise you to go to ER.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Krystel
Member # 50109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krystel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to get in to see my regular DR but no dice.

Talked to an RN that said I need to go to the ER, so I guess I'll. I doubt they'll find anything but do what you gotta right?

Thanks for your thoughts Tincup

Posts: 10 | From CO | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate ers. been there at least 6-7 times. never got any help.

how about a dr in the box?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Does a slow diaphragmatic breathing routine help slow down your heart, steady it?

Sometimes, it can if the issue is too high of adrenal hormones, as is common with lyme.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Check all supplements and assess diet (and anything that comes into our bodies for:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG and can be very excitatory

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

These can cause heart rhythm issues, too:

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all).

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set

many with lyme are deficient in magnesium. It is important to consider with hearth rhythm issues.

http://www.emergenc.com/products#specialty-formulas.electromix-35

EMERGEN-C ELECTRO MIX Lemon-Lime

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/77325

CARDIAC Explanations & ENERGY SUPPORT, helping the Mitochonidria and myelin sheath
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ER is my vote. (and trust me, I am not a MD fan nor an ER fan)

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you decide what to do I'd be taking some CoQ-10 and Gaia Hawthorne Supreme.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice root) works amazingly well (or licorice root tea) to relieve palpitations caused by lyme/morgellons, just be careful to not take it for too long a time as it will deplete your potassium blood stores. Personally I like the natural factors 400mg chewables.

You have my vote for an ER visit, although I very much dislike hospitals after having had so many bad experiences there. Bring some water, some pain killers, and a book as it's Friday and all the clowns are often out then.

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ER. And tell them it's your heart, they have to give you priority.

Same thing happened to me, and it's LYME. They will likely put you on a beta-blocker and it will slow down your heart rate and stop the arrhythmia. They will keep you there for a couple hours until you are stabilized. They will likely refer you to a cardiologist for follow-up.

Ultimately, proper Lyme treatment will correct the cardio issues, but for now you need a beta-blocker.

Been treating for 8 1/2 years, but still occasionally have to re-up my beta-blocker (metoprolol) when I'm having a bad herx. It's a very effective medication.

If you have to, call an ambulance, and the ER docs will treat you right away. Been there, done that, carried out of my house on a stretcher. It was premature atrial contraction (PAC). Went away (mostly) with antibiotic treatment.

I too hate seeing non LL docs, but you have to get the heart rhythm stabilized.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to the heart, you have to go.

Keep us posted!

PS .. I also vote for the CoQ10. I know it keeps me out of the ER.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Checking on you Krystal. How are you doing?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Krystel
Member # 50109

Went to the ER, got checked out, EKG, bloodwork, etc. No actual heart problems found- the Doc could hear what I was talking about though.

The only thing they could come up with is one of the medications I'm on (from the LD) is dehydrating me and perhaps messing with my salts. I got a bag of fluids and it lessened but it has not stopped since Thrus night.

At least now I know its 'just lyme' more than likely. I do drink a ton during the day and take Mg. IDK, just going to find a way to deal with this and get some sleep.

Thanks for all the input and concern, I will keep doing more research on supplements that could help.

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you went, Krystel.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are "sort of" OK! Make sure you have some Selina celtic salt or something to add to your water each day. Just one crystal (pun) will do it!

and .. get the CoQ10 .. Try NOW brand.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

So glad you went. Sorry no exact answers yet, but it ruled out more serious conditions.

And thanks for reporting back. We do care.

Rest and keep in touch too!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement