LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » be careful artemisinin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: be careful artemisinin
overlyme
Member # 43455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is one herb that has the potential to help or

destroy...if you take this and you have the

neurotoxic reaction to it and it CAN happen..it

will affect your brain stem people...many people

have been hurt by this herb..my friend has been

home bound for the last 8 years because of it..

if you dont believe me look up dr stephan

toovey..he is the one who did the tests and

says this herb is only used in situations of

close to death because of its neuro side

effects..people and lymies please dont

disregard what is say..it is TRUE! the cell

mitochondria falls apart and you are going to

be in really bad shape... you will have severe

vertigo and you nervous system will go haywire.

I ask that you please believe me and avoid this

herb..its side effects are much worse then

lyme..by the way my friend was using zhangs

artemesia and has spent many years in the

hospital..back and forth..as soon as he stands

up he gets dizzy and faints..shame on our llmd

who refuse to understand the severe and life

changing side effects of these potent and

dangerous herbs...i care about everyone of us

on this lyme board..if you took it before and

it worked then you may have not taken it close

to any oils or fish oils..that is a big no no..

any oils make art many many times stronger then

before..increasing the risk..also it oxidizes

the cell before it falls apart and then you

will have damaged cells..in this case you need

very large doses of antioxidents like coq 10

and vitamin e

thanks for listening.

--------------------
been there done that!

Posts: 93 | From ny | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was instructed to always take it on an empty stomach. It worked like a miracle for me!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Art works great for me too. It's good to know the warning though Overlyme, thank you.

All meds and some herbs have side effects. It's a risk people take. Unfortunately people are so willing to take meds without even considering side effects though. Energetic testing shows what is good and what is bad for individuals. Art tests great for me though.

There are so many variables with lyme too. Your friend could have been full of toxins, or wasn't detoxing enough or really just could not handle art. The die off from BB alone makes people sick/herx. Maybe the artemsinin was the last straw when your friend took it? Either way, I hope your friend gets better. Thanks again for the warning. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I studied stephan toovey's claims about this years ago. His "research" was VERY limited, sorely lacking, skewed and his conclusion is not correct because he has not taken the proper methods in his work.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, aren't world health organizations giving art to thousands of people to treat malaria? And, I understand it works very well.

So, it seems that Toovey's 2005-6 claims must have been debunked or at least never proven.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It got rid of my babesia in about two months. I combined it with zithromax.

I'm very sorry to hear that some people react so adversely to it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be careful of any herbs sourced from China and other places. Testing has revealed many of these are adulterated, such as green tea extract. Buyer beware. It is probably hard to determine exactly what happened to Overlyme's friend.
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
overlyme
Member # 43455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keebler you are incorrect..and what you are

saying is wrong..it happened to me..so stop the

claims that his conclusions are not correct..

think before you remark like that..sorry to

be so blunt..toovey came to NY to help me get

better from the known side effects of art..

--------------------
been there done that!

Posts: 93 | From ny | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overlyme, what were all the side effects you associated with artemsinin? THanks
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like your friend still has babs. Artemisinin made me feel like crap but I came out much better for it. Turned my life around.
Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement