LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Will be starting A-Bart slowly. Any advice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will be starting A-Bart slowly. Any advice?
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at all the ingredients, some even overlap with Buhner. They all seem pretty good, except one which I read can be toxic, but taken w/other herbs should be fine.
My doc wants me to start on one drop M/W/F, then Cloves Tues/Thrs.
She thinks I may be sensitive so wanted to start slow.
What are ppls exp with this?

Also in case anyone is curious, I looked all the herbs up, and they are:

Garlic
Cats claw
licorice
Neem
Grapefruit seed
Sarsparilla
clove
Old mans beard
American pokeweed

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The main thing is that you were detoxed for 2 weeks prior to starting (that's the protocol). Have on hand A-Inflam or NT or BT Detox in case of herxing. Your doc would know which one to use.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She said nothing about that. All she said was to start slow.
Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I jumped in at 20 drops 2x a day ,didnt seem to do much .drank 2 bottles ..currently trying zhang allicin and hh2 ..seems bit more ..i like bw it is a 90 to 1 ...ramp up steady but have things in place like alkaselzer gold ,epsom salts baths ,iv glutithione,coffe enemas etc etc

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had great results with A-bart. Start slowly. They are pretty powerful.
Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you were already doing some kind of detox other than Detox 1 and Detox 2? If not, it's good to do something everyday to detox what gets killed off...like bluelyme said above.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love A-Bart. It manages bart for me. It works if you start slow. At least for me it does. Ideally they work best for me if I take them 1/2 hour apart (feels stronger, more of an impact). I don't always have the time for that though, so I do 5 to 15 minutes apart.

Bluelyme, you did too much, no wonder it did not work. Maybe you can try again, but start at one drop. But don't mix with HH2 (too much).

Herbs do not work like abx. One cannot dump a bunch of herbs in the body and expect them to work. They work best when taken slowly. They are very powerful when you do them slowly.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Thank you. I do do detox things...I drink lemon water through out the day. Epsom salts either baths or foot baths 2-3x/week. ASG maybe twice week. And dry brush every night. Also charcoal every night.
Would that be enough? I will be doing my first infrared sauna treatment next week at my ND clinic. Probably start low, like 10-15 min.

What type of die off or effects should I watch for? Since Bart, (along w/mycoplasma I think--correct me if I'm wrong, and lyme itself) can cause nerve problems, I'm hoping for some relief there too.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always feel better after taking A-bart but we are all different. If you herx lemon water should help. I also like Cowden's berber/pinella. Great stuff.

You should be fine with the sauna, just drink lots of water that day (before and after sauna), and take a binder before or after, and also take minerals that day.

If you have mycoplasma, A-Myco might help.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

What about time of day for A-Bart? My LL rec's at night, but I may be able to fit it in after my first round of supps (taking it away from food, supps and meds is really hard).
Is taking it at night a bad thing?

And if there was a herx from it, since I cannot eat/take anything at least 30 min after it, not sure what I could do.

I did 10 min in the sauna, just barely started to sweat. Had water and coconut water. Cant you only take a binder away from supps/meds?

bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Catgirl:
Love A-Bart. It manages bart for me. It works if you start slow. At least for me it does. Ideally they work best for me if I take them 1/2 hour apart (feels stronger, more of an impact). I don't always have the time for that though, so I do 5 to 15 minutes apart.

Bluelyme, you did too much, no wonder it did not work. Maybe you can try again, but start at one drop. But don't mix with HH2 (too much).

Herbs do not work like abx. One cannot dump a bunch of herbs in the body and expect them to work. They work best when taken slowly. They are very powerful when you do them slowly.

nothing exceeds like excess.
i will try this approach for maintaince. Im still fighting for whats left of my life here

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

When do you take A-bart? It's so stringent on taking it away from food, supps and meds. The only time that would fit is at night around 1 am.
How do you guys take it (when)?

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Taking BW around food:

I know it says that but I think sometimes that it can be too extreme. Like, if you took your remedy and then ate some mashed potatoes 10 minutes later, the remedy is still going to work.

If you took your remedy and then ate a bowl of 3 alarm chili and then sucked on an extreme mint- then THAT could wipe out your remedy.

One time I took our son to a doc out in MI who has a screaming holistic practice and the doc was saying, "Yes, I know it says to take MMS on an empty stomach and people say to me "but doctor, when can I take it? I always have food in my stomach?" and I say to them, "I don't give a crap when you take it! Just take it!"

LOL

6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

HA! Really? I actually talked to my LL and she said it's ok to take after a med. I take meds am and pm...the directions state to wait 2hours, which means Id have to take it at 1 am, then my charcoal at 2 am.
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

I've done experiments and have tried taking a homeopathic remedy (under my tongue) while I'm eating and it worked just fine! Of course, I was not eating a hot Indian curry either. [Wink]
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I hope you feel better bluelyme. :)

6Hypnone, I've taken A-Bart many different ways. It is no big deal for me to take it before meds, or after (maybe that's just me). Generally I take it before I eat, but sometimes after I eat, even after the meds, but maybe 20 minutes after due to taking supplements after I eat.

Sometimes I take it 5 minutes before I eat. I figure if I get it in it's better than nothing. I used to worry about timing it and trying to do it perfectly, but not anymore. That said, I get my best response from it if I take it a half hour or more before I eat but that's not always feasible. Weekends are good time for that. I also take it twice a day (am/pm).

Other than that, I would try not to worry about it, and do follow whatever your doctor says. I grew an instinct about it after a while though and learned just to get it in whenever I could.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by lookup:
I've done experiments and have tried taking a homeopathic remedy (under my tongue) while I'm eating and it worked just fine! Of course, I was not eating a hot Indian curry either. ;)

Ha ha! See 6, whatever works! :)

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement