LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sudden joint swelling in hands? - topical solution?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sudden joint swelling in hands? - topical solution?
paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I upped my dose of omnicef last Monday, and over the last few days I've had migrating swelling and pain in the joints/knuckles in my hands.

I only found one other post on Lymenet about joint swelling with omnicef.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a good topical solution to this (i.e., something I can rub on my hands) - as the pain is stopping me from doing much typing or writing, and even bothers me when I'm sleeping if I move wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any change in diet?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you upped your dose of a med and within a week you got swelling and pain in joints of hands, I'd say that is a Herxheimer reaction.

It is coming at the right time for one, so that is the big clue. And, what you are describing is a lyme symptom. So, right type of symptom and correct timing causes me to bet on it being a herx.

Increase your detoxing. Increase it a lot until this stops. Do you use Alka Seltzer Gold? If not, use it 4 times per day with lemon or lime squeezed into it.

Drink lemon water (fresh lemons only) all day long until this goes away. If you use glutathione, use more. If you don't use it, get it. There are many types. Liposomal glut is what you want.

Let me know if you need more info or tips on detoxing.

If I am right, this is going to go away with the detoxing and just because a herx won't last forever.

But, if you changed your diet, that is also a possible cause. Being allergic to a food can cause this.

This is NOT a side effect of this med based on a little Google search.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No change in diet - though I do suspect I have a remaining sensitivity even after removing gluten. I think I need to get rid of the others (dairy, soy, sugar).

I have some alkaseltzer gold, but haven't ever really felt relief from it. I'll give it a try.

Liposomal glutathione has always made me feel much worse. Do you have a good alternative?

Thanks.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd use Restore www.restore4life.com and spray it on the hands and take it internally. I don't have any affiliation with Restore; I just use it and love it.

You might need to start with just 3 drops internally if you are ultra sensitive. Otherwise, a regular dose is 1 tsp three times a day.

Anything that tightens up the mast cells from leaking like an antihistamine cream. I am trying to think of a natural one...maybe soaking hands in some water with vinegar in it?

Here is a creme made from stinging nettles that might help with swelling:
https://www.amazon.com/Urtica-Urens-Cream-1-pack/dp/B009F3257Y

Could try soaking hands in nettle tea (and drinking it)

Liposomal C, nettle but you were looking for a topical...

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement