LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Old Lyme, but new patient

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old Lyme, but new patient
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw my LLMD. I was hoping that I just had a major thyroid issue with some adrenal fatigue mixed in...but no...Lyme and Bartonella was his diagnosis. Not sure if this is a new infection or just a relapse of my old Lyme and company from 2011. So...back to major antibiotics and chasing health once again. I've had six great years, so I am not complaining...just resigned to the task at hand. Since my memory of healing is vague, any advice is welcome. [Smile]
Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this time you can get it fixed in "due order!"

Glad to have you back.. but really, did you have to go to such lengths to say HELLO again??

[Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am forever hopeful for due order...but am not sad to be reconnecting with the most generous, smart and inspiring people. I'm just sad it took me so long and getting ill again. So sorry! [Frown]

And Hello!!!!!! [hi]

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Geneal !!! I remember you.

I'm sure your doc will have you fixed up in no time. If you got well once, you can do it again. That is what I have seen.

My advice to you is to begin doing the Burrascano exercise program. It is designed to boost your immune system and thus get it back to normal. Once your immune system is again normal, you should not relapse anymore. It worked for me.

Many people overlook this requirement of Burrascano, but my lyme doc told me at my first appointment that it was ESSENTIAL that I do this exercise if I was ever to get rid of lyme.

It has now been over 12 years since I completed my treatment and I am still symptom free, enjoying my life. I have the same life I had before lyme disease.

And, in that 12 years, I have gone through unbelievable stress, the need to take steroids many times, (oral and epidural injections), and been bitten by another tick and got a bulls eye. (That required only 30 days of treatment by my lyme doc.)

Still, with all of that, I have never relapsed. That is why I say that I am cured.

The necessary exercise is one continuous hour of weightlifting every OTHER day. It must be a full body workout each time. That means you do arms, chest, abs, back, butt and legs each time.

You use light weights and do many repetitions. Read about it in Burrascano Guidelines starting at about page 30 or 31.

I suffered from extreme muscle weakness when I had lyme, so this was very difficult for me to do. Nevertheless, I persisted until I was able to do the full one hour.

If you are weak, just do the arm weights for as long as you can (5 minutes? 10 minutes?) then switch to legs. Switch to different exercises until you have done all body parts. Then, if you still have time, do it all over again.

You can use the bench press for chest, leg lifts on leg machines, crunches for abs, also leg machines that do buttocks. Back exercises don't require any machines generally. Find some on the Internet and add them to your routine.

If you can't get to a gym, rig up what you can at home, even if it is just lifting soup cans, then heavier cans, set up a pulley for additional arm exercises, put ankle weights on your legs, etc.

If you remember sixgoofykids, she also credits the exercise for the fact that she has never relapsed.

"LYME DISEASE REHABILITATION

Despite antibiotic treatments, patients will NOT return to normal unless they exercise, so therefore an aggressive rehab program is absolutely necessary. It is a fact that a properly executed exercise program can actually go beyond the antibiotics in helping to clear the symptoms and to maintain a remission.

Although the scientific basis for the benefits of exercises is not known, there are several reasonable theories....(p. 31)

http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

Let us know how it goes!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Geneal! So sorry you are having health issues once more.

I wanted to suggest you read the books written by the top LLMD, Dr. H, titled, "Why Can't I Get Better?" and his new one, "How Can I Get Better?". They are an excellent source of information.

Don't forget to break up your posts into 2-3 sentence paragraphs, for those who can't read large blocks of text due to neurological problems from Lyme. Thanks.

Blessings to you on your healing journey.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey G! Good to see you again! Eh, uh, you know what I mean!

[hi]

Sure glad you had the six years of doing better! That's amazing! And I am happy that at least you know the drill, have a LLMD already on board, and know what needs to be done.

If this is due to a new bite, that tick didn't know who she was messing with!

Rather than load you down with info you probably already know, I'll just say if you need something, LETTUCE NO!

[lol]

Yes, still as goofy as ever.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot about breaking up my posts.. [Roll Eyes]

So sorry!

I do exercise every day, however, it is usually boxing or treadmill.

I do have weights though...I can start that as well.

Thanks for the suggestions and support. [Smile]

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I remember you Geneal!!

Welcome back! I mean, if we can welcome someone back....

I'm also lyme free for 8 years!

I hope you'll put it again back to dormant soon!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Geneal! I remember you too! I am sorry you are going through this but I believe you can do this again too! Love TF's Burrascano weight lifting advice. I believe she is very correct on the importance. Maybe you and I can both work on this. hang in there Geneal! You will get there! [Smile]
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you all think that doing the Burrascano exercise program might be all that is needed if indeed a relapse is happening?
Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so proud of my brain for remembering you! Sorry you're on tx. Why did you go to LLMD? Did you see tick?

I'm in 2nd week of treatment with new LLMD. I have pulled off a bunch of ticks in the last 10 yrs but treated myself...now I have new ND. I like him a lot. A few off things are happening this time that I don't remember from before. I'm treating baba and Bart too. I'm in NH. Take care. Good luck!

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been boxing, that is definitely full body strength! If you can handle it, keep it up if your stamina is good. Maybe drop the treadmill for weights.

Sorry to see you back because you're sick .... I hope this heals quickly.

Listenswithcare, Dr. B has said he has seen people who have healed from exercise alone (It's been a long time since I've seen that quote, so I can't point you to it). I do think exercise got me from remission to cured and kept me there. My strength training is Pilates on equipment with springs for resistance.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox with lot's of water, organic detox teas, milk thistle, dandelion root, epsom salt baths, sweating, skin brushing, and liposomal glutathione.

Organic green juices, smoothies, and consuming lot's of organic greens for micronutrients is important too.

I bet you will have a quick turnaround. One of my children relapsed pretty severely this year after 3 years of feeling great and in a few months he was back to being symptom free.

All the best!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feedback on the exercise, detox, sweating, Dr. B's quote, etc.

unsure445, what did you use for the green juices? I used to have a juicer, but it was pitiful with greens.

Perhaps a product I could buy.

For now, weight lifting at the gym and continue horseback riding. I'm retired, so I have energy to do it.

Just have to have days of rest in between as Dr. B says.

Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement