LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Something is happening to me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something is happening to me
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past 2 weeks I ve been experiencing some unexplained phenomena's.

I find single pennies in random places. Today I went shopping, made 3 separate stops. Each time I got back into my car, I found a single penny on my drivers seat. I found a penny on my dresser, put it in my purse, and the next morning there was another penny on my dresser.

I found a penny in my bed, on the bathroom vanity, and in my robe. I m always finding pennies. A friend said its because someone from heaven is saying hello, hence the saying, pennies from heaven.

I never remember my dreams. But last night I dreamt I was in the presence of God. I could not see him, only felt His immense feeling of warmth and extreme love. I was engulfed in white, yellow, and orange hues and cryed tears of joy. Only thoughts of love. When I awoke, I started crying, wanting to go back.

I m crying as I write this.

I don't know how this ties into my insane vision perceptions but something is happening to me.

Objects appear smaller. My meds don't look normal, they all look smaller in size. Shampoo bottle, my T.V. drinking cups look smaller.

I, myself, look fatter, although I ve lost 25 lbs. Yet, I look 6 inches taller. I feel like I tower over everybody.

My ceilings look lower, my rooms appear smaller. And all my rooms look smoky, a white hue. Outside looks foggy. Colors are muted, not vibrate.

Do I need to see a pyschriatist ? You won't hurt my feelings if you says yes.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you need to see a shrink about this in particular, unless you really want to. It sounds like neurological manifestations of Lyme and Co's.

The weird sensory perception stuff might be what is referred to as "Alice in Wonderland syndrome." I had it pretty bad long before my dx and it got a lot worse when I started treating. Had the smoky vision too.

With this I also got the feeling of my room or bed flipping end over end when lying down. Vision looking at anything thing in the distance was like seeing a flat painted picture. Depersonalization was the worst for me during this too, not sure if directly connected or not.

Sorry you're having to deal with all of this. I hope it will improve for you with tx, detoxing, etc. Babs can be awful for causing spontaneous tears, who knows what combination is causing the sensory disturbances.

The pennies sound like a sweet, friendly something or other (pardon my lack of articulation lol). Perhaps a sign of good things.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your experiences with Neuro Lyme symptoms, gz.

I m no stranger to these. After 3 years of untreated Lyme, I was seeing ghosts walk through my dinning room and down my street. I heard people calling my name when I was alone. I felt crawling things on my skin. Lost use of my legs. Scary.

I just finished 7 months of treatment and thought I was done with that aspect of Lyme and company. And these are new symptoms, out of the blue. This past month has been horrific !

I m so very tired of this. It is such a life-sucker.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartender, I wanted to respond to a post you wrote about a week ago. I didn't have time and so I came back later and you had deleted it.

I remember that I had very strong feelings that it's time to give your body a break from abx. IMO, you need to really focus on detoxing and giving support to all your body organs.

I believe your body/mind need a break and continuing to try to kill bad guys at this time is more than you can handle.

And NO you don't need mental help. You don't need some quack that is going to rx more toxic meds in your body.

I think your angels are really trying to get your attention. Don't freak when you find a penny but give thanks to them and smile and know you are being watched over.

Take care of you.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thanks map1131

I think you re right.

whew
Member # 50599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree.

Wow--that experience with God/Jesus is matches what others have seen; that He's there in life's strange experiences, that the next life is more important than this one and He wants you there.

I often felt like my bed was a swinging hammock or that I filled my bedroom, etc. phenomenon, before Lyme,when i was younger.

Posts: 30 | From northeast US | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk to your lyme dr. and check the side effects on all the meds you are taking.

Interesting how when people have a vision of Jesus he is always surrounded by color. I had a friend who passed out from pain and saw Jesus. He had a white robe and had rainbow colors around him.

He told her he would carry her. When she came to she couldn't see for a few hours. I totally believe her. She would never lie.

I prayed for you Bartenderbonnie, and hope you find healing. Don't be discouraged, the best is yet to come for you!

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by foxy loxy:

Interesting how when people have a vision of Jesus he is always surrounded by color. I had a friend who passed out from pain and saw Jesus. He had a white robe and had rainbow colors around him.

He told her he would carry her. When she came to she couldn't see for a few hours. I totally believe her. She would never lie.

I prayed for you Bartenderbonnie, and hope you find healing. Don't be discouraged, the best is yet to come for you!

-
That is so cool. Added prayers from me, bonnie.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christopher J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christopher J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, I do concur with all that you just have neuro Lyme and that you dont sound crazy to me. But I caught one particular line in your first post that I had to respond to.

After getting Lyme and getting sicker and sicker and sicker for years, with arthritis and mental issues etc, I finally worked up the energy to go to a doctor. The dude wasnt an LLMD of course (first doc Id been to in years, an old pro since). He took one 5 second glance at me and said 'parasites or bacterial infection of some kind' and he immediately wrote me a presription which I can remember to this day. Protonix (a proton pump inhibitor), Biaxin 3 times a day, and Flagyl. Bam like that.

He didnt know about Lyme or anything Im sure it just sounded like a good catch all therapy to him, and I know an inadverdently awesome first Lyme regimen.

I recall so vividly that I woke up one morning after 3 days of treatment and reactions and it was like a miracle. Lights were brighter! I could feel heat again, my perception of rooms changed. All of the stuff you talk about. Now of course in 4 days he would take me off antibiotics and Id revert back.

But that singular moment was the demonstration and proof I had that I had Lyme, it wasnt my imagination, and its interesting because what I noticed primarily is not the physical symptoms going away (which they also did), it was the mental stuff. Perception, CNS etc.

My ultimate point is, you are hitting your Lyme where it counts and that sounds to me like a CNS herx. Lyme really does control all of the aspects you talk about and anybody who tells you different just doesnt know how vast their own CNS symptoms are

Posts: 173 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you are having all these troubles. Treasure "the Peace that surpasses all understanding" that you were given and find comfort in it. Remember the words from the "Footprints in the Sand" poem: "It was then that I carried you."

Don't forget the bacteria which cause Lyme can cross the blood/brain barrier, so it's not surprising you are having all these strange things! You do NOT need to see a psychiatrist.

It is a good sign (believe it or not!) that your body is killing off bacteria, but the toxins they release when dying off are overloaded in your system and your body can't process them out fast enough. That is why you need to detox the body.

Here is some detox information which should help:

To get rid of the toxins, you should drink lots and lots of water all day long with fresh lemons squeezed into it.Make sure you use a straw for sipping, so as not to destroy your tooth enamel.

Also, get Alka Seltzer Gold (it has no aluminum) - I got it at CVS - and drink that with lemon in it up to 4 times per day.

If you can't find it, you can take baking soda in water instead (with lemon or lime).

I would also soak in an Epsom Salts bath to get magnesium on your skin. Wash it off right after.

You can also take extra magnesium. Dr. Burrascano says in his guidelines that Mag-Tab SR (available at Wal-Mart) is the best.

If this doesn't help, then talk to your LLMD and ask for recommendations.

Don't forget to listen to KLOVE.com. A wonderful song is "I'll Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns.

Praying that you will be feeling better very soon. Lots of hugs going out to you, too! [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thanks to all for the kind words and suggestions.

I detox daily.
Epsom salts baths
Glutathione 2x daily
Alka seltzer
Lots of water

I also take 1 lemon, wash it real good, throw it in magic bullet, cut up with skin on, and I make 2 16oz bottles that I drink.

I had severe lower back pain that disappeared. I think I disrupted it and it's now on the move. I believe I have full-blown infection in spinal cord, that travels up and down at will.

I see LLMD next week. Want to discuss new line of options.

Thanks again for the much needed support ❤️💙💚💜

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bonnie, I strongly suggest you increase your lemon intake to at least 2 per day if not 3. My lyme doc wanted me to eat 4 per day! (But I couldn't.)

Also, you may want to give coffee enemas a try since so many swear by them. See this thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=136064;p=0#000006

A good alternative for someone who needs IV antibiotics is IM Bicillin. You give these injections into your hip (intramuscular--IM).

A top lyme doc in my area prescribes these a lot for folks who are not getting enough relief from oral meds. She likes to avoid the risks involved in IV by trying the IM Bicillin. They work so very well!

Burrascano says the same in his Guidelines. See p. 16:

"BENZATHINE PENICILLIN Comparative studies published by Fallon et. al. at Columbia University have shown that parenteral therapy is superior to oral therapy in chronic patients. Options include intramuscular long acting penicillin G (benzathine penicillin, or “Bicillin-LA”) or intravenous antibiotics.

For an antibiotic in the penicillin class to be effective, time-killing curves show that significant levels of antibiotic must be sustained for 72 hours. Bicillin LA is a sustained release formulation that meets these criteria.

Published studies in children and adults, combined with over a decade of experience with this therapy by front line, Lyme-treating physicians have established the efficacy, safety and usefulness of this medication. In many patients it is more effective than oral antibiotics for treating Lyme, and compares closely to intravenous therapy in terms of efficacy if the dose is high enough.

It is usually administered three or four times weekly for six to twelve months. It has the advantage of being relatively inexpensive, free of gastrointestinal side effects, unlikely to promote the overgrowth of yeast, and has an excellent safety record spanning many decades.

Finally, an added plus is that family members can be trained to administer this treatment at home."

Notice that it "compares closely to intravenous therapy in terms of efficacy if the dose is high enough."

So, I urge you to request IM Bicillin at your next lyme doc appointment. I don't think you will be disappointed. You will see many LymeNet threads on IM Bicillin. There is one active now, in fact.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=136019;p=0

And another:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=136105;p=0

I am hoping that this will be the solution for you, girlfriend! Please give us an update after you see doc next week. You are in my prayers.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thank you.
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic info TF, shared [Smile]
Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bonnie, now would be a great time to start a meditation habit!

Did you open your pool yet?

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bonnie, notice that you have to be on the Bicillin for a minimum of 6 months. You won't notice any improvement right away. But, after 3 to 6 months, you should.

And, it should not cause a herx either since the med is slowly dispersed over many days.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

See this old thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131557;p=0#000001

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hand in there bb ..rooting for you. the derealization wil pass like a long bad trip..

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi BB: I am sorry to hear you are going through this! God is definitely letting you know- He has this and you! TF's recs are spot on I think.

I did IM Bicillin for about a year with Dr H as part of his gold protocol I believe they called it at that time -2010- I finished the complete protocol with him nearly two years later after doing an initial two year of pulse therapy with Dr J which was not effective for my cos -thus, leading me to Dr H thank heavens. TF helped me back then. TF you are a saint!

I've not been on regular abx since also thankfully as candida was rough for me.

Detox is so important. When I did that heavy abx protocol, I used an infared sauna nearly every day for the last year and I used coffee enemas as needed. I still use them today as I don't naturally detox well. I had read too that the abx could work better with the sauna- I forget the particulars but let's just say I'd pop my morning dose and I was ready to fry a few [Wink] and detox as well- the bonus if I'm honest.

I just vividly remember talking on the phone with a nurse (and patient of Dr. H's)that I met via lymenet, Katrina, God bless her- she helped me get in to Dr H as I was barely able to walk due to severe bart\babs\lyme foot pain.

His protocol gave me my life back- Anyway she asked me how I detoxed and I told her I drank water- I was naive and she tried not to but she laughed. I guess she knew because of her own journey detoxing is key.

Of course you have to use caution and I'd discuss with your doc. She and Six just really influenced me with the importance of detoxing. I think it was integral to my success. I was a real mess. After two years, and coming off the abx- I went to Germany as I usually relapsed and wanted to give my body every chance- well, I really thank God for Katrina, TF, Six and lymenet as God only knows where I'd be without it.

I think for me the experience that Dr H had was what enabled him to adjust my protocol as symptoms would arise and he called it every single time.

I pray you've got a Burrascano like doc that will help you nail this. You can and you will. I am no doc and recommend consulting your own before embarking on any treatment journey as I know what it took to get me here and it can be daunting to go through but there is Light and there is HOPE. You can do this! Hugs BB! [group hug]

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One other suggestion BB-the GAPS diet and rebuilding my gut was also key. I still follow it as much as I can today. Bone broth and saurkraut have been very good to me. Thinking of you and knowing YOU can and will beat this! <3
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymehope
Member # 48581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymehope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bartenderbonnie,
I find coffee enemas work so well for me. I was apprehensive at the begining but works so well after I got the hang of it.
I actually feel my brain clearing up every time I do them.
Also hot baths with baking soda and epson salts really help me.
I also suggest doing the bicillin injections, they are really working well for me.
You (WE) will get better!!!

Posts: 68 | From new york | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement