LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Thoughts / Opinions about Dr J in MD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thoughts / Opinions about Dr J in MD
logmoss82
Member # 48251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logmoss82     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I get people saying i shouldnt use a lyme Doctor's name on a public site, I want to point out that this doctor practices very publicly and I am in no way 'outing' him.

It is okay to use a doctors name on LN if they are self publicized and allow their status as a lyme doctor to be publicly known. Other examples would be Dr. K, Dr. H and Dr. J.

I am using the doctors name because he is highly publicized in many news articles and has been featured on television.

He also maintains a blog called lyme md which links to his practice website. He is a publicly known LLMD.

I also hope this may be of help to others who are suffering and want to seek his help without having to play the 'decoding' game in trying to guess who I am talking about.

All that said, now to my question. I have an appointment coming up next month with him. I have a doctor where I live in GA.

Although she treats lyme she doesnt really specialize in lyme but more in the area of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia and she treats many different types of chronic ailments.

She is willing to prescribe longterm antibiotics, but I feel she is simply a prescription stamp and she doesnt seem to have a very clear strategy for me, and I feel in many ways I am directing my own care and am at a standstill.

So I am hoping to start over with a doctor who has more experience in treating lyme and co specifically, so I am making the 700 mile drive to go see J this month.

I just wanted to see if anyone here has any experiences good or bad, first or even secondhand about him and his practices treating lyme.

Although there is a lot of information out there about him, and he has posted a lot of his thoughts and theories regarding lyme on his blog, I havent been able to find very many reviews or accounts of his care from the patients perspective.

Any thoughts, opinions or experiences under his care either directly or second hand would be greatly appreciated.

**It is against Lymenet policy to post the full name of a Lyme doctor. Only the first initial of the last name is allowed.**

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 5 | From ATL | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you forgot to edit his name in the second paragraph toward the end...

I see him. You may private message me if you want my experience. I feel uncomfortable talking about him in such a public way.

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logmoss82:
Before I get people saying i shouldnt use a lyme Doctor's name on a public site, I want to point out that this doctor practices very publicly and I am in no way 'outing' him. It is okay to use a doctors name on LN if they are self publicized and allow their status as a lyme doctor to be publicly known.

No, this is not the case on Lymenet.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logmoss82
Member # 48251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logmoss82     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mistake. Perhaps my Lyme brain kicking in again. I must have confused the rules here on LN with the rules from the other Lyme discussion boards I have been using.

Other boards make exceptions for the name rule when discussing well known LLMDs who advertise and publicize their practices openly.

I understand completely why we shouldnt use the names of smaller lesser known LLMD's but it seems weird that we can't discuss the names of the better known Lyme doctors,

as I imagine there wouldnt be a very big risk of them being shut down by having their names posted here when their names are already posted openly elsewhere on the internet as well as TV and newspapers.

How is this really that different from discussing envita or sponagle wellness, which there are other posts on LN that mention those places by name.

If I wanted to recommend the book "why can't I get better", I have to use the name Dr. H. when there is a listing on amazon for this book with his full name that is available for any and all to see.

Not exactly revealing secrets here. Not trying to flame or argue, and I would love to hear others thoughts=s about this rule.

But I do understand rules are rules, and it may create a slippery slope trying to determine exactly who is considered a 'public' LLMD and who is not in every individual case, although it's pretty clear that Dr. J "Lyme MD" is.

We certainly dont want to "out" anyone trying to keep their practice secret, but I think it is kind of a disservice to people who are suffering and trying to get info about the differences between doctors,

as many people never register or post and just come to find information and want to learn about various practices or facilities to try to help determine if that facility or doctor is right for them.

As we all know, all LLMD's are not created equal, and finding the right one for your situation can mean the difference between a successful and an an unsuccessful treatment.

It seems the initials alone might create some confusion, especially for the casual reader who may be new to Lyme.

There are many doctors whose name stars with J. Just seems like we are hoarding information. But I digress. When posting in the future, I will just have to fight through the Lyme brain and remember which site I am using and which rules apply where.

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 07-07-2017, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 5 | From ATL | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't make the rules. The board owners made them. They are not open for discussion. Sorry. You are free to disagree as long as you follow them when posting.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am pming you -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see him. I can pm you if you want.
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any experience with Dr. J in MD.

Check the online state Lyme groups at:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MarylandLyme/info

Maybe they can help. They would know better about MD.

Some more resources for you (including Support Groups info):
http://whatislyme.com/websites-and-support-groups-by-state/

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/Maryland

Btw- I know you are new, but please break up your posts into 2-3 sentence paragraphs, as there are people on Lymenet who cannot read large blocks of text due to neurological problems from Lyme.

To do this click the pencil/paper icon, make your changes, then click "Edit Post". Thanks.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newday
Member # 35868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm seeing Dr J and am concerned about lack of focus. If anyone has experience with him, please PM me! I need reassurance or to start looking for a more responsive LLMD.

Thanks!

Posts: 11 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason for the rule is many people will not know who is known and who isn't, therefore all get the same treatment. Many docs are still under attack by medical boards so we try to protect them. Hope you can understand.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement