LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » rheumatoid arthritis can't stop the pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rheumatoid arthritis can't stop the pain
2young2dieMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2young2dieMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have advice on relieving the pain of RA? I don't want to take steroids but I haven't been able to walk for 3 months. I have an extensive lyme treatment history and was dxd with ALS. I got better with lyme treatment and ivig.

My strength and breathing are back but now my joints are inflamed and so painful!

--------------------
Dxd ALS 3/2010
Dxd cllinical Lyme 4/2010
Positive for Protomyxzoa but absolutely nothing else in Igenex

Posts: 417 | From central ct | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To reduce inflammation which equals pain...

Vitamin C
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Quercetin
Wobenzyme

Low inflammation diet...

https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/anti-inflammatory-diet-pyramid/dr-weils-anti-inflammatory-diet/

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I suggest you look into Road Back Foundation. Their website is here:

http://www.roadback.org/

There are doctors who believe that RA is an infection, and they treat their RA patients with low dose antibiotics taken every other day.

People get rid of their RA on this protocol.

You can get names of such doctors on the Road Back site. I strongly suggest you go to one and get rid of your RA.

I know people who have gotten rid of their RA this way.

The doc can possibly give you a supplement of many anti-inflammatory herbs that could work rather quickly. This is what happened when I took a friend to one of these doctors. She bought the supplement at the first appointment and it worked quickly for her.

He also tested her for food allergies, and by her eliminating her 3 worst allergic foods, she solved her RA. She never even had to go on antibiotics at all and no longer needed the supplement either!

See this testimony on the website:

http://www.roadback.org/story/454813/

My friend went to Dr. A. W. as did the person giving this testimony. Dr. W diagnosed this person as having genetic markers for gluten allergy. My friend was also told by Dr. W. to avoid gluten based on her test results. (My friend was also anemic, just like the person giving this testimony.)

The results were truly amazing. And, it amazed the rheumatologist who diagnosed her with RA also!

See this quote: "He said that there was a correlation between RA and gluten allergies...."

Maybe this could be you!

I think you will really be sorry if you take the steroids. I trust you know that they can give you an incurable case of lyme because they allow lyme to go into protected niches in the body.

You will get doctor's names quickly from this site. Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bee venom got rid of my excruciating arthritis..hd bart treatment also helped

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2young2dieMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2young2dieMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you actually get stung by a bee?

--------------------
Dxd ALS 3/2010
Dxd cllinical Lyme 4/2010
Positive for Protomyxzoa but absolutely nothing else in Igenex

Posts: 417 | From central ct | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unfortunately, my sister takes high levels of vicodin. she undergoes chemo with mexotrexate once a week.

sadly it's not helping.

I wish I knew what to tell you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at your diet also..

Avoid nightshades, lectins and oxalates in foods .. all of them can cause pain.

I think there is a big correlation between lectins and RA.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking into trying PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy) treatment for our son who has chronic pain (he does not have it in his joints). This treatment is used not only on humans, but animals as well.

Fyi - our son tried cold-laser therapy, but it did not alleviate his pain.

Here is a link with a very thorough explanation about PEMF:

https://pulsedenergytech.com/pemf/

Conditions clinical PEMF helps treat:
Head and Neck

Back

Joints

Chronic Body Conditions

The following is written in the link I gave you above specifically about joints:

"When it comes to joints, arthritis is often one of the biggest concerns.

However, PEMF helps not only with arthritic symptoms, but also potentially the cause as one piece of research in the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology found that “the use of PEMF for arthritis cure has conclusively shown that PEMF not only alleviates the pain in the arthritis condition but it also affords chondroprotection, exerts anti-inflammatory action and helps in bone remodeling.” 4

4. Ganesan, K. Low frequency pulsed electromagnetic field, a viable alternative therapy for arthritis. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. Vol. 47, December 2009, pg. 939-948

This link below is an abstract about the use of PEMFs and post-operative pain and edema (swelling):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19371845

PEMF Therapy re-energizes damaged cells by inducing electrical changes within the cell that restore it to its normal healthy state. Because of this, cellular metabolism is boosted, blood cells are regenerated, circulation is improved, and oxygen carrying capacity is increased.

Ultimately, the immune system becomes healthier, the nervous system relaxes, bones and joints become stronger, and vital organs, such as the liver, kidneys, and colon, are able to rid themselves of impurities, thus detoxifying the body. PEMF Therapy can reduce pain and improve the quality of life by allowing your body to function as it was designed to do.

· Improves circulation
· Increases oxygen levels

· Energizes the cells
· Electroporation "opens" cell membrane pores, allowing for detoxification

· Relieves pain
· Reduces swelling

· Restores membrane potential
· Improves cell hydration
· Reduces inflammation

To find a practitioner near you, use this link:

https://pulsecenters.com/locate/

or Google "PEMF practitioners in __ (write your state in)"

I truly hope and pray this helps you as well as my son and all those suffering from pain. Please let us know.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear. I know how it feels. I took a vaccine last year and ended up with terrible arthritis among other things.

Look into LDN. Boron supplementation is also very helpful for me.

Steroids and DMARDs are far too risky IMO.

Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd don't know about RA but if you want some pain relief, kratom may help. You can find info about it on the internet.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tumeric/curcumin might take the edge off! Helped my dads back pain.
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take curcumin .. It at least lowers your levels of inflammation which helps lower pain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry your pain is causing so much misery for you.

May I suggest trying aspercreme lidocaine pain relieving creme. Slather it all over your painful joints. It doesn't smell mediciny and absorbs fairly quickly. Around 5 dollars at Walmart.

Or for flat areas where there is no bending, try aspercreme lidocaine patches. I wear up to 3 patches st a time for severe flair ups of IC pain and back pain. Around 7 dollars for 5 patches at Walmart.

It might work for you, although only for a couple of hours.
Hope you find some relief, my dear.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lapis29
Member # 47626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lapis29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HIGHLY recommend you look into mino/doxycycline for RA. It has been shown to treat it very affectively

RA may very well be a contagious disease caused by mycoplasma.

https://www.niams.nih.gov/News_and_Events/Press_Releases/1995/01_14.asp

------------------------------------------

https://www.verywell.com/antibiotic-treatment-for-rheumatoid-arthritis-187924

In 1939, the first real lead regarding an infectious cause for rheumatoid arthritis arose when mycoplasma, an atypical viral-like bacteria, was isolated from the exudate and tissue of rheumatic patients.

Investigators had already shown that mycoplasmas cause arthritis in mice, rats, chickens, goats, and cows. They had found mycoplasmas in the genitourinary tracts of humans too, especially females.

In 1949 at the International Congress on Rheumatic Diseases the possible relationship between mycoplasmas and joint disease was reported. After obtaining one of the first National Institutes of Health (NIH) research grants in 1950, Thomas McPherson Brown, MD and colleagues at the arthritis research unit reported the following year that the rheumatoid disease mechanism was more of an immunologic reaction of antigen and antibody (with mycoplasma as the suspected antigen) rather than the infectious and transmissible type.

In 1955, the research unit reported that mycoplasmas, unlike bacteria and viruses could live in tissue cell cultures without destroying the tissue cells. To further support mycoplasmas as a causative agent/antigen, in 1964 a high incidence of mycoplasma antibodies in the blood of rheumatoid arthritis patients and lupus patients was found, indicating current or previous infection.

Also recognized was a 4:1 higher incidence of mycoplasma antibodies in females suggesting a correlation with the higher incidences of rheumatoid arthritis in females.

Posts: 90 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement