LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Did any of you heal with Samento (Cat's Claw) and Banderol only?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did any of you heal with Samento (Cat's Claw) and Banderol only?
idontlikelyme
Member # 50653

Icon 3 posted      Profile for idontlikelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading about a specific Lyme doctor having a lot of success in his practice with this combination.

Would love to hear someone here confirm this?

I was antibiotics for 3 months and had to stop due to terrible side effects.

I'm about 50% better, hoping this combination can get me fully better.

Thank you!

Posts: 2 | From Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's worth a try. It wasn't enough for me, but it shouldn't hurt to give it a try. We're all different.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people do quite well on them, others don't. When I tried them, I did the Cowden protocol as a whole, which rotates 3 pairs of antimicrobials and includes some supportive supplents as well. It didn't help in my case, but, as Sixgoofykids says, we are all different, with different combinations of pathogens etc.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those did nothing for me. Look into Buhner. Add treatments 1 at a time so you get a feel for what each is doing.
Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the very early Cowden Protocol long ago. Banderol and Burbur did nothing for me. I used Cumanda for 3 months also and was able to go to max dose with no noticeable effect.

However, Samento all by itself made me herx so badly, that I never got beyond 5 drops in the mornings, w/o herxing so much I could not function.

When I forced myself up to 9 drops, a classic Lyme rash appeared and repeated itself 3 times over the next 3 months.

I had to go back down to 5 drops per day to keep from being bedridden. I kept that up for 4 years, and though it did not cure me, it was the only thing that held the line, so I did not get worse while I was doing it.

I stopped due to constant Lyme rages, which my husband could not handle anymore. I have gotten worse since then.

I had allergy and high blood pressure problems with a couple of items in the Buhner protocol, so could not do it. That was also long ago, so it may have changed too, for all I know.

I also tried the Zhang Protocol for 6 months with no effect other than making me smell so bad even my own husband would not come near me (due to the garlic).

I would definitely give Samento a try, based on my experience with it, but as others have said, we are all different.

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whew
Member # 50599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know specifics about the Dr.having success with Samento and Banderol--and were they from NutraMedix or capsules? I'd try it, but not for a cure. (Can Lyme be cured, really?)

My naturopath tested me with a Zyto software for Cowden/NutraMedix herbs, so I rotated on them. I thought it was good. Except for all the leftovers.

Until I had a relapse and my stomach couldn't take alcohol-based herbs.

Then, I used NutraMedix's only capsule, Samento, with a parsley (Nature's Way) cap as a 'drainer', for like a couple YEARS (still going). A relative read that it should be for a year to help Lyme. Maybe sustained me but I observed nothing. No cure either.

I observe that BUHNER is the new COWDEN here.
Or it has been, and I'm so behind. Whew! [Frown]
AM I right, 'too?, '6goofy'?
Appreciate you all!

The thread "Cured or Dam- Close?"--Brussels mentions "I would read all Buhners books on herbal treatments, get many herbs, and start from there, as herbs do not wipe the flora and have much less side effects than drugs.

I took LITERALLY hundreds of substances. It's not exaggeration. So don't expect me to make a list.

The list is not important as the SEQUENCE of the treatment, in my opinion. Fix a couple of problems in a certain sequence, is the most important, because treatments, herbs, supplements only work when you need them."

and 6goofy has a post there about photon tx and a web side/blog (would like to read it/succeed)

Would like to know your progress.

Posts: 30 | From northeast US | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grakay
Member # 48057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grakay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm currently on Samento & Banderol. Both have been a struggle for me. Herxes are intense. I can't seem to get my dosage up high enough.

I'm still on antibiotics as I tolerate them more than Samento & Banderol & herbals.

Wish it was that simple a solution.

Posts: 49 | From CO | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were helpful for me but bot enough to sustain things.

I have a friend that had been ill for several years and has been in remission for about 6 years that used these herbs solely. I don't think she had any co-infections though, her situation was pretty straightforward in that regard.

Definitely worth a try.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did nothing for me while actively treating. I never herxed.

However, I do take them to keep myself in remission.

Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Buhner are talked about a little more, whew, but maybe it's because it's a little more flexible and you can source the products from wherever you want so it can be more economical.

I did the full Cowden protocol. The one that's all charted out and has a lot more herbs than just the two. I felt good at first as my body detoxed, then started declining and needed something stronger.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whew
Member # 50599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!
at http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/the-protocols/
I found that I am on some of them, including Cat's Claw(Samento).
And some I never heard of. (whew! lots of books/info.)...

Oh--I had posted a quote from Brussels..."supplements only work when you need them." because getting tested for an herb may HELP.

I just did a simple "muscle test" on mine--looks like 2 Samento are helpful. Hmmm...

Hold the pill in your left hand while holding that arm up. Press on that wrist with the other hand and resist a little. Add another Samento and repeat--did you feel less resistance? (Good.) I know it sounds strange.

I googled it but was already familiar with the concept. Wish you well!!

Posts: 30 | From northeast US | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tryal - one of the 6% cured of LD
Member # 52275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryal - one of the 6% cured of LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello.. Banderol on Amazon has reviews stating purchasers got cured.

https://www.amazon.com/NutraMedix-Banderol-parvifolia-Tincture-Microbial/product-reviews/B01MCSYBWZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_kywd?pageNumber=1&filterByKeyword=Lyme

Posts: 67 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement