LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best place to live with Neurological Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best place to live with Neurological Lyme
Lymedad123
Member # 50647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedad123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone relocated since acquiring Lyme, or felt better when visiting a different climate?

I am particularly interested in impact on brain fog.

Posts: 16 | From Southern Ontario | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not meant to, but may sound like a smarty pants answer...

I'd try getting rid of the Lyme symptoms first, before considering moving because for one thing moving can cause a super relapse.

And the answer is no. I've not heard of any geographical place on this planet that will make neuro symptoms, especially brain frogs, go away or magically get better.

Arthritis symptoms, yes, but not neuro symptoms or brain frogs.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be good, in case your house has mold and too much electrosmog.

Also, if you feel better in other places - many people say they feel better near the seaside - it can be a good starting point.

Both my parents moved to the beach-side, did not do anything else than that, but after about 6 months all their chronic problems improved, according to my parents' doctors.

Stuff like diabetics, hypertension, cholesterol values... The doctors could not understand why, but they said: stay there!

I feel much better near the beach too. No doubt. And in warmer climate.

Dr. K, who treats lyme for more than 3 decades, says he thinks moving out is sometimes not only very useful, but a must for some people (as I said above, in case of mold sensitivity or excessive electrosmog)

He's German and believes that electrosmog, mold, even telluric currents (from underground water streams) can badly affect health of sensitive people.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedad123
Member # 50647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedad123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great responses.

Your comment on the stress of moving is certainly a valid concern, Tincup. The locational impacts on brain fog are probably elusive at best.

We used to live close to the Pacific (before diagnosis), and the symptoms seemed to worsen with moving east to a large metro area. That is certainly consistent with your comments Brussels!

One of the contrasts is the higher negative ions near the coast, versus the positive ions of a busy metro area.

Posts: 16 | From Southern Ontario | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel better by the beach. I walk on the beach every day when I'm here. Part of it is being away from the allergies of the midwest. Part of it is the sal****er and the grounding from being barefoot on the sand. I still have to go to Ohio for weeks at a time, and have been doing this for five years. I have more energy in FL.

I was better from Lyme for years before we moved, but there's something about the beach that makes me feel better.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If you move, you'd want to be sure you are in a state that "allows" doctors to become educated about lyme / tick borne diseases and also treat in line with ILADS, not be tied to just IDSA erroneous mindset.

The individual state's lyme support network would be good to first consult.

I also suggest a state in which there might be some ILADS educated LL NDs (naturopathic doctors).
Still, even in such a state, the MDs in that state may not be at all adequate in this matter.

So be sure to check with the state lyme group leaders about care options & the general way that those with lyme are seen by the overall medical community

(even if for other medical needs, lyme affects everything about how the body works, so doctors who don't know about that would be at a disadvantage - as would the patient).

Also keep in mind the state's mindset regarding vaccines and requirements for children, work, etc. Because - many with lyme can have some serious reactions to some of the ingredients in vaccines.

Of course, laws can be changed yet it's still important to know the atmosphere in this regard for any state you might consider. Just FYI:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131625;p=0

VACCINE LINKS set - Ingredients in Vaccines
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
https://maps.bts.dot.gov/MapGallery/map.html?webmap=4235b2c46ea74224bec7c6e262bebeb6

U.S. Road Noise Map

You also want to check with various air quality departments, and water quality, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement