LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tongue and mouth raw pain--why???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tongue and mouth raw pain--why???
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 9 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may have nothing to do w/lyme and co., (maybe candida) but I've noticed the sides and tip of my tongue, as well as top of my mouth, are kinda raw feeling. Maybe kinda like the aftermath feeling of a burn. Where my teeth hit my tongue in the back.
Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? I have a call in to the doc as its constant and getting bothersome.
I'm easing onto the candida (possibly a bit of paleo) diet and have had less sugar for the past week maybe. Eating more stevia too.

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Burning mouth is somewhat common with lyme, actually. Sorry. What has helped me over time - and mine has zero to do with candida as I've not been on abx during this issue but, yes, candida can contribute to this

-- in my case, it seems damage to certain nerves, endothelial damage from lyme, etc.

Be sure to avoid certain toothpastes & mouth washes. That might be enough, alone, to see an easing of this. Also avoid any toothpastes that have essential oils IF they burn while you use it. So many do. Mild is the key.

avoid any fizzy water & more detail in links set.

You likely already avoid crunchy foods but, if not yet, this is vital to keep from cutting the mouth tissue.

Check any meds you may be taking as to if they cause dry mouth - especially any antidepressant. Dry mouth can cause major tissue damage to the mouth.

Talk to your LLMD about this. This is a must in case there is something in your treatment that may be contributing this

but also so they know of this new symptom and can better alter your treatment plan to consider this very important detail that may involve some of the nerves in the mouth.

Most regular doctors are not well equipped to deal with it in someone with lyme / tick borne diseases.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119079;p=0#000000

Burning Mouth Syndrome - various articles and product suggestions
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had bone pain last 5 days or so as well...thought maybe it's due to die off? Ive been eating less sugar. And before the pain started, I went up on Nystatin a few days (4 pills), then alternated b/t 3-4 pills. Then when the pain started I went back down to 3.

Then came the mouth pain/rawness. Thought perhaps the supposed die off also was causing this. Ive been trying to stave off what I think is a 'throat thing'--not sure what to call it...just irritated throat (I get it every couple years...it can get so irritated and kinda gaggy as a result that I throw up. I stay up literally all night in misery waiting for it to go away. So trying salt water, natural throat spray, hyd. peroxide gargle).

I use natural toothpaste and mouthwash. I dont think my mouth is irritated by them. Crunchy foods dont really bother me either. The feeling in my mouth is pretty constant.

Already have call into LLND. I saw the rec for the oil on your link. How do you use it? Orally?

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Be very careful with all these: salt water, natural throat spray and hydrogen peroxide gargle.

Salt can be caustic if not diluted enough. Go for a very weak solution. If it burns at all, it's too strong.

I would not use hydrogen peroxide at all in the mouth as it can really hurt tender tissue. There are things that are better and kinder to mouth tissue.

As for a natural throat spray, some of those can be very strong for mouth tissue that is irritated, too, and if it contains any alcohol, that can make it worse. Dilute with water first and see how that works.

The sea buckthorn oil I use, I get a four ounce bottle from Mountain Rose Herbs and get a dropper for it. I squirt a dropperful into my mouth at any time it burns and before bed.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dr got back to me...she says to wait 10 days to see if it gets any better--going on the assumption it's candida die off.
If not, she may put me back on some minerals I was taken off of due to muscle testing.
Thing is, before I started the minerals, I did not have any issues w/my mouth.
She didnt mention Lyme, but I didnt talk to her directly.

And those things I've been doing (mouth spray, etc)--would not CAUSE this, correct? You're saying it may make it worse.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
These minerals? A liquid solution?

"before started the minerals, I did not have any issues w/my mouth."

Then do NOT use this formula liquid again.

yes, many of the things you say that you are now doing could absolutely make it worse. I've been there, done all that.

Some of the things "to help" can be just too strong for tender mouth tissue that, once damaged as it is now, apparently, just needs very tender care. More detail in the burning mouth links set . . . and also more threads on that topic you can search, too.

Never assume a "natural" toothpaste is safe, either. Some of those can be caustic for those with burning mouth issues - and cause damage. Not all are as gentle as the term "natural" might suggest.

Avoid all alcohol tinctures for now. Avoid anything that contains alcohol in any kind of mouth washes, etc. And any dyes, etc., too.

Avoid all essential oils in your mouth. Avoid any acidic foods, etc. No lemon water, for instance.

Still, take some kind of Vitamin C capsules or TRIPHALA capsules as it's very high in Vit. C and has other great benefits, too.

Many with burning mouth might have scurvy due to Vit. C defic. so you have to get it somehow - yet avoid mouth tissue to do so.

Avoid tomatoes.

There are things that can help but be very careful. and there are things that can also help candida. But it's not a good idea to ever do anything that makes mouth burn more.

It may be that something has stripped away the "top layer" of tissue -- there is a name for it but I forget, something with endothei . ...

Just be very careful. This might turn around soon if you just had a caustic experience. Still, don't put that at risk of getting worse.

Some kind of mineral formula, a liquid is what started this off for me in the first place. It had fulvic acid in it, too. It was a terrible mistake to try to make that work after the first dose stung so badly.

I was a fool for trying several more times. But I learned. Do not repeat things that hurt or harm. Just don't. There are always other ways to address just about any puzzle.
-

[ 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

No. Like 2 kinds of zincs, a supp called Calm G, one type of mag.

And while I was ON those, I had no issues. The issues didnt start till I went off them.

I heard triphala can cause diarrhea...I lean that way already so dont wanna do that. I have powder vit C.

And my point was if those things I was doing w/the spray were a cause vs making worse. I really want to know the cause.

Nothing really stings it. Its just there all the time. My tongue also looks the same. Nothing odd.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement