LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » resistant yeast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: resistant yeast
Gsd1608
Member # 48642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gsd1608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any suggestions treatment wise for drug-resistant yeast? It is currently resistant to nystatin, all azoles, and amphotericin b.

have gotten rid of parasites and cannot tolerate antibiotics for gut related issues. I have heard about heavy metals in connection to yeast and am considering working on that.

If anyone has encountered this problem please let me know how you dealt with it!! Or... If you've had success with chelation resolving yeast issues in the gut let me know.

Posts: 5 | From FL | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have resistant yeast. Next thing my doc wants me to try is voriconazole. Supposedly it's really powerful.
Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sanum nosodes, that is what I used to do...

Heavy metals should come out, but when yeast is there, they hold heavy metals too...

It's a sort of hard equation to solve, but better to try chelation, KPU, or high magnetism to try to push things out.

Progress was slow for me, but there is progress.

I think yeast is harder than Borrelia, I mean, more persistent, due to complex cycle of yeasts.

for me, I have no doubt that yeasts will thrive in a 'bad' milieu. Toxic milieu (neuro toxins from Bb, heavy metals, probably pesticides, then also acid environments due to bad foods, not fresh etc).

One of the strongest reactions I ever had was with either nosodes (Sanum above) or with kimchi.

If you do it at home, it's much stronger. Not too hard to do, you can take short cuts to do kimchi. Fermented GARLIC, fermented onions, spring onions, etc. Full of SULFUR in fermented forms!!

Then addition of ginger, makes it sort of anti parasitic too. I had a huge herx with it.

It was one of the most surprising things for me, against yeast. I think it does provide more bacteria than most fermented foods because it's a multi-veggie plenty of sulfur food.

I guess the pepper kills some more stuff too.

Parasites belong to the yeast equation: they harbor yeast in their bodies AND they also grow on imbalanced milieu. Like Bb too.

So maybe changing the milieu (cleaning heavy metals, increasing real probiotics, cleaning with sulfur, alkalinizing with good fresh foods, juicing....) can hit many things at once.

In my opinion, drugs do the exact opposite with candida: they make the milieu worse, plus candida gets crazy against such strong medicines and fight back full force.

In my experience, all aggressive treatments do not work well with chronic candida. They make it more resistant. With gentle treatments, candida is sort of lured and do not fight back as hard.

When they want to stay, they will stay.
They are EXTREMELY stubborn.

It's only a negotiation with them that will make them be nice again, and return to non-pathogenic form...

Well, that's my conclusion after 30 years of experience...

Know that beneficial candida and bad candida are the SAME creature, with the same DNA.

Why is that it decides to turn 'bad'?
I do think the trigger is a bad milieu.

Now that my candida is not active, I'm trying to fix a bit the gut with some antiparasitic tinctures, and taking L-glutamine to fix some of the inflammation, increasing Vit C dose...

I already bought all ingredients for the kimchi, so I'll re-start it again, now that is cold (as I keep it in the garage due to garlic smell...)

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/115457?#000000

OLE Links
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done parasites kill yet? After the Parasite Summit education this week on line.

Parasite kill comes before yeast/mold because they carry all these nasty stuff within.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more suggestion: adding minocycline, doxycycline, or ibuprofen to diflucan could possibly eliminate resistance.

See:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20707818/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3393430/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10966233/

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement