LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » question for Keebler about Camu Camu

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question for Keebler about Camu Camu
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keebler -- Great suggestions for helping with the tendonitis. I'm thinking about trying the Camu Camu, but am concerned about its content of glucose and other sugars.

How do people with fungal issues get around Camu Camu's sugar content? Is it really more potent than regular vitamin C? -- Thanks, GVS

Posts: 242 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As for the most potent vitamin C content of all plants, Triphala also says it's up there but Triphala is a combination of 3 different plants so it's not quite comparing one to one.

There are other berries used in herbal medicine and they all bring a lot to table, so to speak. You might also look up Schisandra / Schizandra. If the full properties speak more to you and its vit. c content is good, might be a consideration.

Triphala has more other healing properties, though. I don't have the energy to go thorugh my file notes now to add to the Camu Camu articles but if you have only so much money -- and maybe if your bowels need some support - you might start with Triphala (also at that previous thread).

Leslie Taylor has stated that the high vitamin C content for Camu Camu is the main thing going for it. Triphala has much more going for it. It's a good tonic & helps me just feel a bit better.

I use to ask that same question about sugars in plant medicines, too. Over time, I've come to find that:

Glucose and other sugars in foods and medicines from the plant world (as long as no added processed sugars) are usually not a problem. In fact, they help.

The overall nutrient profile is balanced., though it's very tart. Some sugars, by the way, are healing sugars. We require glucose, too. Hard to find any plant without some in it.

For instance, blueberries are another berry that is excellent for us. In addition to it being a whole food, the chromium in it also helps balance any of the very good natural sugars so that it falls low on the glycemic index.

Still, I hesitate to think that any form of vitamin C is going to "cure" tendonitis by itself. It won't likely, though is important to have on board, for sure. Scurvy actually can be a problem for many with lyme if they avoid citrus fruits due to candida.

Scurvy can cause a lot of damage to the body, the eyes, the teeth, etc.

Be sure to also get lots of good greens - check out which one are good in Vit. C. Best to get a variety of sources.

I do not believe in taking any synthetic vitamins and it's best to get vitamins from foods / concentrated foods such as with herbal medicine.

Other variables were mentioned at your other post so be sure to consider all the ways the tendons need attention starting with lyme / TBD interference - and rest. I'm also not sure that lifting weights is a good thing for every person's body.

Good luck. I hope you find a plan that works for you and one - in the meantime - that will also make you happy.
-

[ 11-29-2017, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use camu sometimes and the powder has no sugar.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement