LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Muscle Twitching - Child

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muscle Twitching - Child
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning,

I'm an old lymie, and now thinking my son has lyme or a similiar infection. In the spring he had been very sick with a sore throat, fever, etc. Then he developed tics and weird movements, age regression, etc. We are fighting doctors for tests, etc. His MRI did come back clear.

My son recently started having muscle twitches, especially in his face. Has anyone else's children experienced this?

He is taking magnesium.

Please share your experiences.

So thankful to have this forum!

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has he got a vaccine before that?

Or was there any change on the electrosmog environment? Like installation of smart meter? Or more use of wifi in school / home?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old is your son? Did you have lyme while you were pregnant with him?

Take a look at this recent thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=136577;p=0#000004

The link in my post and one of Keebler's give you the symptoms of lyme in a child. When you mention age regression, this is a sign of autism.

Dr. J. says that a child who contracted lyme in the womb does NOT experience age regression. Of course, there are other causes also, such as sibling rivalry if you recently had another child after this child.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussells, he hasn't had a vaccine in many years. I haven't noticed any change in EMG environment, but that is a great thought that I will look at more. Thanks for pointing that out!
Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

TF - thanks for the response. You are so helpful.

My son is 12, and I did not have lyme when he was born. I did not realize that Dr J says age regression is autism. I don't think my son is autistic.

thanks for the thread. I will look at that more.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some years ago, Dr. K said he was seeing kids that were perfectly social, normal, then started regressing, even at age 8.

From normal, going to school, to fully autistic at 8!

He said the age to become autistic was going higher every year. In the past, no kid became autistic older than 2.

Now it seems, it's getting more common.

Even if not autism, some symptoms may point to the sort of neuro-dysfunction found in many kids today (the ones that got the ADHD symptoms), specially boys.

Just be attentive.

It is probably the combination of pathogens, heavy metals in the brain, excess of electrosmog, probably glyphosate, and other toxins. It is sort of too much for their little brains, unfortunately..

I have 2 nephews in the ADHD spectrum, one is bordering autism. He's 14 years old (the one that is borderline autism), and he was perfectly normal at age 7.

Things started going very wrong sometime around 9-10 for him. Now, he's still going to school, normal schools, but he's got to be picked up and taken home sometimes.

When he was small, he had no signs of autism nor ADHD. It started later.

Have you seen the post on dr. K I did yesterday? Aluminum goes to the brain and causes neuro diseases. In the US, everyone is breathing aluminum in great amounts due to chemtrails...

In Europe too!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I don't know if this helps, but tics, or Tourette are considered behavioral problems in autistic SPECTRUM diseases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17175571

http://www.autism-help.org/comorbid-tourette-syndrome-autism.htm

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should probably consider PANDAS.

PANDAS occurs within months of having a strep infection and the child gets tics as a result. Most cases occur prior to puberty. So, your son should be evaluated for this.

Here are the diagnostic guidelines for you to review:

https://www.pandasppn.org/ppn-pandas-diagnostic-guidelines/

The link below also mentions decline in math and handwriting ability. Perhaps that is what you meant by age regression.

http://www.pandasnetwork.org/understanding-pandaspans/what-is-pandas/

This second link explains that a misdirected immune response to the strep infection causes inflammation in the brain which results in the child's PANDAS symptoms.

There are a number of treatments for this condition.

If his infection earlier this year was NOT strep, then the doctors should consider PANS.

Has he been tested for strep?

"In some instances, the onset will be 4 to 6 months after a strep infection because the antibiotics did not fully eradicate the bacteria. Many pediatricians do not know the latent variability of strep – Rheumatologists and Streptococcal Experts do."

Please let us know how things go.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

At the end of this PANDAS article, it mentions developmental regression as a sign of PANDAS:

http://www.parents.com/kids/health/other-health-issues/pandas-syndrome/

Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, my heart goes out to you. What a huge worry. I hope with all of the educated information on LN, and elsewhere, you can turn this around. It's way too common, unfortunately.
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Lyme disease can trigger PANDAS and PANS according to a number of websites. Here are a few:

http://danielcameronmd.com/lyme-disease-pandas/

http://www.childrenslymenetwork.org/children-pans-pandas/

http://www.panslife.com/whats-pandas/

http://www.moleculeralabs.com/what-is-pans/

I hope this helps you get to the bottom of this! I would want my child on antibiotics right away. I will pray that you can find a knowledgeable doctor who will treat your son quickly.

bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition to what TF has stated, here is an excellent link to a presentation which details all of the symptoms in kids at various ages.

The presentations are from the famous "Dr C" in PA who is one of the best in the USA and treated with Dr. J

Check out:
https://www.betterhealthguy.com/corson

You want the last presentation titled "Tick Borne Diseases In The Pediatric Patient"

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Thank you all so much! I truly appreciate it.
Brussels
Member # 13480

PANS, PANDAS, ADHD, autistic spectrum disorders, Tourette etc...

Names come and go, causes linked to infections (like PANDAS to Strep, PANS to lyme or mold or other things)or autoimmunity....

Doctors gather symptoms in one bag, call it a new disease... Then another, and another....

To me, they look all related, part of a bigger picture of neuro diseases, where low immunity, high toxicity, heavy metals, electrosmog disturbance, auto immune problems (allergies, non stop inflammations) and pathogens or biotoxins (from mold, for example) ALL play a role.

Call the name you want, the only treatment that will PROBABLY work will be ALWAYS multi factorial, due to multi factorial causes.

Ignore food diets, supplements, electrosmog avoidance, pathogen elimination, toxin elimination... well... chances are the disease stays or keeps coming back.

one thing is sure (in my opinion): the brain of our kids and even ours are affected, as well as the whole immune system, detox pathways and hormonal + digestive systems.

Whatever the name of a disease your kid has, I would always choose a holistic treatment (not thinking only Strep is a problem, only lyme is a problem, only food is a problem... etc).

TF
Member # 14183

Here is an interesting thread on PANS/PANDAS (Lyme) where the mother describes her 14 year old son's age regression and other mothers chime in:

https://latitudes.org/forums/topic/7975-regression-in-age-appropriate-behavior-lyme-disease/

You may want to read it.

Maybe a PANDAS forum could give you names of doctors in your area.

Mashieniblick
Member # 50588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mashieniblick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting post. I often wonder about this. I had a bout of Strep about 7 years ago that almost killed me. Literally. Fever 105 throat swelling shut I couldn’t breathe. Spent a couple days in the hospital.

The next 2-3 years I had strep battles seemingly every spring and fall.

I don’t hear a lot about strep in the Lyme community. Interestingly, my LLMD tested for strep antibodies. Mine were still very high.

According to some of the stuff I just read about PANDAS, they say it only affects children. I wonder why not adults.

Is there a connection between Lyme and Strep?

Posts: 61 | From Lees Summit, MO | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement