LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. says Bartonella is back- was: UGH I thik babesia is back!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. says Bartonella is back- was: UGH I thik babesia is back!
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea, but it sure feels like it.
trying not to freak out. is this "normal" for babs ot come back? or do you think I got reinfected? or maybe not treated right previous. [Frown]

sx:
air hunger
night sweats
light sensative (which had gotten 90% better and is now back)
confusion
driving at night is really hard and driving in general feels like im going to lose control of the wheel!
I have a terribl eskin itch, but I think that might be MAST
or histamine intollerance?

not sure of other sx. I jsut feel like crap.

I did have nausea pretty bad for a couple weeks but that is better now and could have been a bug going around, right?
no fever
and that crazy sx of wanting to blurt out innapproriate things or just yell strange thoughts is back. ugh.

im in a panic. what do I do???

[ 01-13-2018, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: LisaK ]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and I have tons of those little neoropathies all over my body, but maybe I am low in D? of B12? would that do it?even if my serum levels are "normal"

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you get A-BAB and start taking that?

Do you have access to a rife machine and rife for babs?

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sadly, it is normal for it to relapse -- it's a cousin of malaria, which is also known for relapses.

I don't think we ever knocked my babs out before even after 3 rounds of mepron/zith (and a ton of other antibiotics for Lyme and co.) I recently either had a Lyme relapse or was reinfected -- either way, my Lyme test was positive. I'm on Bicillin/Biaxin for the Lyme itself.

For babs, I'm treating with the herbs Quina and Cryptolepis at the moment, and that seems to be helping quite a lot. I finished a short round of Artemisinin/Quina, then stopped the Artemisinin and switched to the Cryptolepis/Quina combo. Those herbs pack a pretty good punch!

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if I have some babesia still hanging around. I know I had it at one point, but I treated for it and my doctor did some kind of test and said it was gone.

I really know what you mean when you say you feel like you are losing control of the steering of the steering wheel. I just can't drive at night and I don't feel safe driving at all-I'm wondering if I should probably stay off the road altogether. I feel like my mind is going to shut down any minute when I'm driving.

I think artemisinin is probably worth a try. I hope you can find something that helps.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

thanks

I am feeling sort of better. maybe it was a short bout? or maybe just a virus? I don't feel perfect (of course) but the extra fog is gone and the nausea is better, but my histamine rash is better also, so maybe it was the histamine overload making me that sick?

im still waiting for dr apt next month to test. we shall see

--------------------

Richard_F
Member # 50948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard_F     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
babesia is VERY difficult to eradicate i fought it on and off for a year and couldn't shake it. i've been seeing Dr. J in DC and he's been treating me for it for now 10 months and i finally got my liver and spleen not to be swollen which is a big step towards eradicating this little bastard.

to be clear, a few months of say mepron/zithro is not going to knock this guy out you probably need a good 6 months some 12-18 months of focused treatment on it.

i've been doing mepron, bactrim, amoxicillin, zhang artemisiae-2, enula, cryptolpeis and sida acuta the whole time.

beating babesia takes persistence and consistency for several months probably more.

Posts: 21 | From NJ | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I went to my alternative dr and he said no to babs, but yes to bartonella!

I was also thinking that since my feet were hurting. I do have other sx. I got a new herb kit but I am thinking to go to G.S. ???

any thoughts on that ??

Dr J too I have heard about, but if both cost a lot but one just a bit more with more experience, is that necessarily better??

anyway, I feel like crap again regardless, fun fun

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air hunger is a babesia symptom, but also a HERX symptom.

This was clear to me: when lyme was fully dormant, babesia no longer around, I could still have small bouts of air hunger when I was toxic.

Either heavy metal chelation therapies, or killing candida too much could caused such air hunger bouts.

I know it was not from babesia BECAUSE binders eliminated all air hunger symptoms, rather fast.

If I kept taking binders, many times a day, air hunger did not come back.

I would treat what causes you symptoms: if the feet hurt, it's more PROBABLE that bart is the cause.

I know that, in my case, all COINFECTIONS + borrelia can remain in backstage. Each will wait for their time to shine.

Usually, a few infections, parallel infections, will be on the front line, causing more symptoms, be it in the teeth, GI tract, kidney, skin, brain, nerves...

The moment you SUCCESSFULLY treat the infection, the whole microbiome changes again, and other almost dormant (or fully dormant) infections step up and shine!

That's when you get new symptoms, and need a change in the treatment. Until you manage to hit most nasty nails, and they can't shine anymore.

But the only reason they do not shine is because your immune system found a way to keep them OFF.

so, it could be that you still have babesia, but I would concentrate on what is causing more damage first.

Somehow, I feel that attacking too aggressively any chronic infection is a very wrong way to go.

If babesia is quiet, leave it quiet. If it starts to shine, well, knock it down.

That's what I did (just speaking by personal experience).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I do feel when my candida is up and it is right now a bit, but not to cause the sx im having no I don't think.

im having a lot of neuro sx. walking funny (sideways). PBA, typing is hard again and stuff like that with writing and talking, etc, nuropathies are back, tinnitus is worse, spaced out episodes are back, other things...

im off sugar right now. I haVE A PRETTY good (limited) diet right now. I have a big issue with glutamate so I avoid a lot of things.

my feet hurting seems to wax and wane. is that normal? before when I was really sick my sx all were so over the top. of course I was much more ill then, but - and more with other diseases combined.

I can really feel many of my sx now are mostly nuro. like I feel the desire to shout out obscenities and having weird thoughts, etc. walking sideways, can't write too well , typing, etc.

GI def. coming into play with some light gastroparesis and hard to empty my bladder again fully. constipation worse, etc. gerd.

Brussels said:
"so, it could be that you still have babesia, but I would concentrate on what is causing more damage first."

ok this makes total sense and was sort of my thought so im glad you said it out loud to me. [Smile]

I just finished a parasite treatment and wil lstart on the bart tonight. wish me luck!!

--------------------

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should try tryptophan. Buhner says to take 1,000 mg to 1,500 mg three times daily....

I think that will calm your brain down naturally.

Also, you could try Buhner's brain herbs... such as... chinese cat's claw, chinese skullcap, and kudzu...

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and if you do try tryptophan make sure you use LIDTKE brand...
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rid of babesia in the second half of 2015 using the Buhner herbal protocol for it. It has not returned. The headaches were horrible.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I am feeling so much better. I am not sure why since I have not done much. my head pain is gone and other things but I am wondering if it was just a flair up???

I don't think i've had one like that before. hhhmmmmm

I'll keep using my herbs and see.

I did just have another appt. with my genetic guy and he is workimng on my iron now since I have a lot of genetic stuff having t odo with iron retention in my cells or something. he says they cause my inflamation. so we shall see

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement