LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » An idea for Babesiosis: Ruta graveolens homeopathic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An idea for Babesiosis: Ruta graveolens homeopathic
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After Lookup introduced Ruta graviolens here in lymenet, I decided to buy it.

Well, now I have quite a few Ruta grav in different potencies (homeopathy).

It is constantly testing good for a person I know with chronic lyme and babesiosis.

her babs symptoms are not strong, though.

But I thought I would leave the note here, as Ruta is very inexpensive, and no side effects.

The only thing this lady is taking against her babeiosis is Ruta grav C12 3x day, Artemisia annua 2-3x day (tincture or decoction) and cardamon in powder 2x day in food or tea.

After about 2-4 weeks, I would though increase the potency to 30C, then 60C and check.

Her lyme disease is much quieter now, her brain is working, she's much more energetic, back to life (and normal life stress!)

I know that when one pathogen goes low gear, another jumps in.

So I kept testing her energetically, and babesia + bart tests now.

Borrelia barely tests, and indeed, she has barely no more of the joint pains, eye pains, brain fog she had about 3-4 months ago (I helped her treat with the infrared and nosodes).

Borrelia always goes weaker fast with infrared (photon ) therapy, but then other things surface.

But so far, she's got no sweats, no clear babs nor bart symptoms (a bit of brain fog is still around, but she's fighting against strong electrosmog coming from neighbors).

I do think Ruta is keeping all under control, together with Art anua and cardamon.

We only know that in the future though.

Today she thanked me for the help: she said I saved her!! Which was nice.

She's still not saved though, until all coinfections disappear.

She even wanted to stop all treatments, but I told her not to!

We all know how dangerous is babs! [bonk]

The lady booked a ski Xmas + New Year trip, and will leave for more than 2 weeks only skiing! (she's more than 50!!)

I just wanted to share that Ruta grav tip for those who still look for help against babesiosis.

And to remind that cardamon powder keeps testing good for almost everyone I test (energetically).

It is a good spice against babesiosis.

And tasty!

[ 12-15-2017, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrsfarmer
Member # 50042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsfarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to infrared, can you just go to any farm store and get an infrared light?

Do you get a near or far?

Thank you in advance [Smile]

Posts: 74 | From over here | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately not, Mrs Farmer.

But there is a not too expensive infrared device sold by Sota (called Lightworks), on the 300-350 dollar range, said also to work if used with nosodes.

The basic difference was that you need longer treatments instead of shorter treatments with stronger devices.

These are pulsed LED infrared devices on specific wavelengths (with 880nm at least).

I used the PE1 that is about 10x stronger than the LW Sota, it seems (according to info from people who had both devices, here from lymenet).

You could also borrow it for a while if you find someone who has it.

It will basically deal with Borrelia, so to say, and you only need it once a week for a few minutes (about once a week).

Once Borrelia goes low gear, you'll still have to deal with all other issues, but it gets easier than if you still have a very active Borreliosis.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Here is some info on Ruta graveolens:

In terms of medicine, Ruta graveolens (FULL HERB, not homeopathic) has historically been used to treat

inflammatory conditions,
menstrual disorders,
parasitic infections
and fever.

(Brussels comment: it does fit a bit babesia symptoms, as babesia causes lots of inflammation, it can be consider a parasite and causes fever).

Today, ruta is more commonly used in homeopathy to treat bruises, sprains, varicose veins and rheumatism.

According to the “Physicians’ Desk Reference for Herbal Medicines,” the herb is

- antimicrobial,
- antispasmodic,
- photosensitizing and
- an abortifactant.

John M. Riddle, author of “Contraception and Abortion from the Ancient World to the Renaissance,” mentions that rue contains an alkaloid called pilocarpine, which is used in veterinary medicine to induce abortion in horses.

According to a paper published in the March 1995 issue of The Italian Journal of Neurological Sciences, it’s also the standard agent given to lab mice to induce epilepsy for the purpose of study and experimentation.

On other hand, this alkaloid has a long history of successful use in treating GLAUCOMA and is marketed under several trade names, such as Pilopine HS, Isopto and Diocarpine.

Pilocarpine is also an antidote to atropine poisoning.

Ruta graveolens should not be used during pregnancy due to the risk of miscarriage.

In addition, the presence of furocoumarine increases photosensitivity, even following skin contact with the leaves.

-------------------
MORE INFO on the HERB (not homeopathy):

Strongly stimulating and antispasmodic - often employed, in form of a warm infusion, as an emmenagogue.

In excessive doses, it is an acro-narcotic poison, and on account of its emetic tendencies should not be administered immediately after eating.

It forms a useful medicine in hysterical affections, in coughs, croupy affections, colic and flatulence, being a mild stomachic.

The oil may be given on sugar, or in hot water.

(Brussels's comment: it has action against emotional imbalance, typical of babs)

Externally, Rue is an active irritant, being employed as a rubefacient.

If bruised and applied, the leaves will ease the severe pain of sciatica.

The expressed juice, in small quantities, was a noted remedy for nervous nightmare, and the fresh leaves applied to the temples are said to relieve headache.

(Br's comment: again another common symptom of babs: headaches).

Compresses saturated with a strong decoction of the plant, when applied to the chest, have been used beneficially for chronic bronchitis.

(Br.'s comment: Babs is said to affect the mouth, oral cavities, cause dry coughs, GI tract, cause leaky gut, chronic gut inflammation, all conditions treated by Ruta / Rue)

If a leaf or two be chewed, a refreshing aromatic flavour will pervade the mouth and any nervous headache, giddiness, hysterical spasm, or palpitation will be quickly relieved.

Brussels
Member # 13480

info on Ruta graveolens from another source:

5 Main Uses of Ruta graveolens, HERB:

1. Ruta Graveolens For Causing Abortion (Traditional Use):

Since rue herb has abortifacient properties it was used to induce abortion by ancient healers.

But since the dosage is very crucial, it is very dangerous to use rue herb for causing abortion as it can harm the mother.

2. Ruta Graveolens For Easing Pain & Inflammation:

Rue herb has wonderful anti inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that can help relieve one of pain.

You can have it as a tea to ease the inflammation in the correct dosage.

It can be used for treating shoulder pain, arthritis and sprains.

3. Ruta Graveolens To Repel Dogs & Cats:

Growing ruta graveolens plant is one of the popular remedies for repelling dogs and cats as the cats hate the smell of the leaves.

It also has powerful insecticidal properties.

4. Ruta Graveolens For Warts:

Ruta graveolens is one of the popular homeopathic treatment for warts found especially in the hands that are flat, sore and inflamed.

But the treatment has to be taken only under strict medical supervision.

5. Ruta Graveolens Bacterial & Fungal Properties:

Ruta graveolens extract in all three forms (methanolic, aquatic and ethanolic) has wonderful anti bacterial and anti fungal properties, it can be used to fight of bacteria and fungus very effectively.

It is also used for eye problems, headaches, to remove worms and also as a medicine for certain cancers.

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25371580

Pubmed paper showing Antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities of the leaf methanol extract of Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae) in mice and rats.

BACKGROUND:

Ruta graveolens has been used to treat toothache, earache, rheumatism and fever with little scientific evidence corroborating these uses.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:

The leaf methanol extract of Ruta graveolens was evaluated for antinociceptive activity using the acetic acid writhing and hot-plate tests in mice,

also anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities using the carrageenan-induced oedema and E. coli-induced pyrexia tests in rats, respectively.

RESULTS:

R. graveolens (100 mg/kg, i.p.), significantly reduced the number of acetic acid-induced writhes by 54 %.

R. graveolens (400 mg/kg, i.p.), significantly delayed the reaction time in mice to thermal stimulation 15, 30, 45, and 60 min after treatment.

Combined treatment of the lowest and sub-effective doses of the leaf methanol extract (25 mg/kg, i.p.), and indomethacin (10 mg/kg, i.p.) significantly reduced the number of acetic acid-induced writhes in mice.

The leaf methanol extract of R. graveolens (50 - 400 mg/kg, i.p.), significantly reduced carrageenan-induced oedema over the 4 h period of testing.

Combined treatment of the lowest doses of R. graveolens (25 mg/kg, i.p.) and indomethacin (2 mg/kg, i.p.) produced a significant reduction in carrageenan-induced oedema over the 4 h period of testing.

R. graveolens (100 -400 mg/kg, i.p.) significantly reduced E. coli-induced pyrexia over the 5 h period of testing.

Given together, the lowest dose of R. graveolens (25 mg/kg, i.p.) and pentoxifylline (10 mg/kg, i.p.) produced a significant reduction in pyrexia induced by E. coli (50 µg/kg, i.m.) over the 5 h period of measurement.

The LD50 value obtained for R. graveolens was greater than 4000mg/kg (p.o), suggesting that the plant species may be safe in or nontoxic to mice.

CONCLUSION:

The data obtained indicate that R. graveolens has antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities,

justifying the use of the plant species by traditional medicine practitioners in the management and treatment of pain, inflammation and fever.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://ijmcm.toniau.ac.ir/article_515734_110617.html

A paper showing Antifungal and antibacterial effects of Ruta- graveolens extracts

Indiscriminate and excessive uses of antibiotics may be lead promote the emergence of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms and side effects in patients.

Therefore the researchers recently have focused on the use of natural resources, especially medicinal plants.

Ruta graveolens is a kind of medical plants which contains antifungal and antibacterial components and use in traditional medicine in Iran and other nations.

The main goal of this research was investigation of antimicrobial effects of aquatic and alcoholic extracts of this plant

on Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria

and four Candida albicans selected.

For this aim antibacterial and antifungal activities of Ruta graveolens extracts

on Staphylococcus aureus (PTCC 1431),

Bacillus subtilis(PTCC 1720),

Escherichia coli (PTCC 1763)

and Pseudomonas aeroginosa (PTCC 1599)

and four Candida albicans isolated form Denture stomatitis were evaluated

by measurement of minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and minimum bactericidal and fungacidal concentration (MBC, MFC),

disc diffusion and well diffusion methods.

The results indicated that aquatic, methanolic and ethanolic extracts with different MIC and MBC have been effective on growth selected bacteria and Candida albicans.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Brussels: I'm not suggesting anyone to jump into Ruta HERB, as it can have toxic effects (dosage must be known!)

This plant is known in Brazil, where I grew. It is called 'arruda'.

I know this plant since my childhood. I did not know it was Ruta graveolens in Latin!

It is not consumed there, but it is more used as a plant with magical powers! (people believe that there!) A sort of plant of protection.

What the lady with lyme and babesiosis is using is HOMEOPATHIC Ruta graveolens, so no worry about strong side effects.

The dilution she's using is 12 C, there is absolutely no way she can be poisoned with it!

It cost her less than 10 dollars, and she's been using it for about 2 weeks. Soon she'll need change of potency, I suppose.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Another characteristic of Ruta HERB is that it CAUSES photosensitivity.

I swear that when my babesiosis was active (from 2 different tick bites), one of my first symptoms was photo sensitivity.

If Ruta grav causes photosensitivity as a herb, it will then stop it in homeopathy (as homeopathy uses the similar cure similar principle).

that makes another good point for Ruta graveolens being possibly useful for babesiosis, as the symptom description of the herb is very much in tune with babesia symptoms.

Dr. K (2017) says that babesia affects the mouth, teeth, sinuses, causes dry coughs, attacks the lymph, nerves, gives headaches / migraines, night sweats, fever, GI tract, gut, skin (causing some red spots, called cherry angiomas).

ALL of the symptoms Dr K cites above are treated by the herb in traditional use, for a long time.

It's an amazing match of symptoms, and I suspect this herb in homeopathic form will have some good results for people with Babs.

The problem always, is the dilution!!

I would start with D dilutions if your symptoms are strong, marked, like an acute infection, then jump to C dilutions.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Another lady with chronic babesiosis tests EXCELLENT for Ruta graveolens, potency 6C.

I tell you, this plant fits well babs' symptoms!!

Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, any update from the lady?
Any updated information on that herb?

Thanks for all those useful infos

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know how anyone is doing that has tried this as well. It sounds like it could be very potent.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ruta Graviolens has long been known to cause miscarriages. Even though pregnancy is not encouraged for those with LD, that important knowledge should be part of the information considered.
Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisys, thanks
For men it is ok?

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Broxin, Good question. It seems obvious, but I don't understand how that herb works, so can't say if it's fine for men.
Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Well, these 2 women I mentioned above are cured from babesiosis for years now.

I don't know anymore how much Ruta played a role in healing them, but it looks like a perfect plant in HOMEOPATHIC dilutions for babesiosis symptoms.

Herb and homeopathy are WORLDS apart.
Never compare a herbal tea / tincture / remedy with an homeopathic dilution.

Just an example: arsenic is a poison if you drink it pure, but a potent homeopathic remedy if you drink it in homeopathic dilutions.

Besides it's one of the MOST COMMON homeopathic remedy used. Yes, arsenic. Plus many other stuff considered poisonous like snake venom too.

If you're a man or woman, it doesn't matter: what matters is if you got the symptoms that match the plant - meaning, most symptoms of babesiosis, for example.

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

That's a good point, Brussels.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement