LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Homeopathy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homeopathy
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it work? I can see how it could - just can't convince myself. I'm running out of options for treatment.

I give up - then decide to try anything/something again - or new.

I haven't been able to get in my mHBOT chamber for months - ears not cooperating.

I can't do essential oils, herbs or BVT. Any of these cause interstitial cystitis flares. Vitamin C necessary for BVT.

I have Lyme and Co's and CVID (IgG IgM IgA immune deficiency) and bad allergies along with IC.

If homeopathy works with one's immune system - how could it possibly work with a weak immune system?

I need to go back on my Rx sublingual allergy drops. I understand how they work. I can see how homeopathy (nosodes) could work the same way. But??.........

Thanks any thoughts.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to know about that Susan.

It seems your problem is detox, basically?

As for homeopathy, it's not like there is only one type of homeopathy.

There are MORE homeopathic substances in the market than herbs, supplements and drugs combined!

So...

it's like asking: do drugs, and supplements and herbs all combined may help me?

The amount of possible treatments using homeopathy is as huge as combining all these treatments above, if you see what I mean.

I'm using homeopathy for 3 decades, and I'm still learning about it's possibilities.

When I look at my kitchen table: I have some binders (chlorella, spiru, MSM, charcoal, etc), then some orthomolecular supplements (Vit D, B12, magnesium, zinc etc), then I have all these homeopathic substances that I use as MAIN part of any treatment.

I have no doubt that homeopathics are in the center of what worked for myself. But that includes:

- bits of classic homeopathics

- a lot of combined homeopathics (like Heel, Pekana products)

- individual homeopathics (for support of all types, organ support, detox, immune system, symptom relief...)

- Schussler salts (I take those daily in the last months)

- Sanum (for the immune system and detox)

- individual nosodes (in case of nasty infections)

After all these years on homeopathic products, I wonder, how people can get well without these products.

but it's not like you decide: ok, I go try homeopathics and then get an answer.

The problem is the huge array of products, treatment possibilities and combinations. Then potencies, dilutions, when to take some and not others.

You certainly need some couching at the beginning.

What I like with homeopathy is that it is milder. Milder does not mean 'less efficient'.

I hope other people will comment here too.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what is the main advantage of homeopathic products is that it works by changing the way the body works.

It is an 'intelligence' treatment, a body's intelligence treatment.

That is a total different paradigm than using supplements to fill in gaps in nutrition.

Or using drugs to block a metabolic reaction or increase a reaction.

It's a bit like using herbs that are adaptogenic.

The difference is that you need to take in the chemicals from the herbs to keep on doing its adaptogenic help to your body, while...

in homeopathy, the main function of it is to try to teach your body how to re-steer on its own, to one day be free from homeopathics or other treatments.

same as bee venom: it is also adaptogenic, antisseptic etc. A bit like some herbs. But you need constant input to get well, and it will not correct the problem with the software.

Homeopathy is a software treatment. It's not a solo treatment, in this sense

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I do not think homeopathy can possibly be wide ranging enough to treat lyme or any tick borne infection. It has very limited scope as a support.

Rife machine treatment might be more in order for you, though, even with that key support beyond homeopathy are also required - such as nutrition supplements like NAC or magnesium - as well as herbal liver & adrenal support -- although, if you start eating things like dandelion leaves, that might be another option.

You say you can't take herbals but there is a wide range in the plant world and a wide range of how herbs are prepared. It may come down to finding the right herbs / nutrients prepared in just the right way for your body.

Best to consult a LL ND.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
­­-­­
When considering herbal / nutritional / adjunct methods, because lyme is so very complex & unique, as are possible coinfections:

if at all possible - because each person & each case is different - it's best to consult with an ILADS-educated LL ND (lyme literate naturopathic doctor) (or similar) who has completed four years of post-graduate medical education in the field of herbal and nutritional medicine -

- and someone who is current with ILADS' research & presentations, past and present, and has completed the ILADS Physician Training Program (see: www.ilads.org )

so they really know all they can about the science of lyme . . . how lyme (& other TBD) act and what we can do about that in various ways. Proper ASSESSMENT of not just lyme but coinfectoins is vital. Someone trained by ILADS is best to assess.

Many LL NDs incorporate antibiotics (depending upon the licensing laws in their state). Some LLMDs and LL NDs have good working relationships.

When possible, it's great to have both a LLMD and LL ND and even better when they have a long-standing professional relationship.

For those considering complementary support methods / or other avenues entirely:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Herbal Safety considerations & reference books; etc.

BOOKS - Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

knowing which methods offer assertive & direct impact, which are only support and which are both. And when to use what, how to combine, & when to step back.

You can compare and contrast many approaches with links to articles, books, methods . . .

BODY WORK methods / links (and why anyone who works on your spine MUST be LL to the degree they at least know to never suddenly twist neck or spine. Never. Ever - not if there is inflammation in the spine with active infection. And that we should never be advised to do neck / head / shoulder stands.)

Links here to two major sources: Buhner, & Zhang. Be sure to get their books.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Pulling that homeopathic post out from the set, note that homeopathics were not used alone, but in combination:

HOMEOPATHY & HERBS
-------------------------------------------

Robin123 just posted this in another thread:

Good new book out:

http://www.outofthewoodsbook.com/

"Out Of The Woods" written by Katina Makris,

Lyme patient, who's also a homeopath. She treated with homeopathy and herbs and is doing better.

------------------------------

thanks to patches10025 for these links:

http://www.cindeegardner.com/articles/9545617127/treating-lyme-disease-naturally

Treating Lyme Disease Naturally

- by Cindee Gardner, Ph.D., HD (R.Hom.), D.Hom., C.Hom.

a satisfied patient:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPzIZjW7-k&feature=related

13-minute video - by ColdUnderstanding Jan 14, 2012

- after other treatment failures, one young woman's successful experience with homeopathy & herbal support treatment.

Just stay with her as she takes us through how she succeeded. She said it "worked miracles" - very authentic. Very hopeful.

(Parental caution for those with young children near your computer as you watch: there are few "adult" words near the end. Totally in context and within reason, yet perhaps not best for young ears.)

--

Razzle suggests reading this book: "The Homeopathic Treatment of Lyme Disease" by Peter Alex
-

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi susank~

I'm really sorry to hear you haven't been able to use your chamber for months due to ear issues.

Maybe we could connect and discuss possible strategies for this?

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Susan,

Have you tried Berberine? I find it very helpful for bladder issues. You mention interstitial cystitis.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=121034;p=0

BERBERINE – LINKS SET
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You mention allergies, too. Just in case maybe you've not yet met this herb, it really helps me a lot with allergies:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=031228;p=0

STINGING NETTLE LEAF (not root) - Links set

The herb, STINGING NETTLE may serve to compensate for the reaction by calming the the cytokine storm that is often part of a herx reaction.

Helpful for seasonal allergies, too.
-

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much - all of you.

Keebs - yes I use stinging nettle. I've been researching herbs I could tolerate. I believe in them.

Many herbs - like other things - act like diuretic for me. On top of dryness issues and IC.

Pho - I've been thinking about you. I wanted to mention a few things re: ears. I've been to allergists and ENT's. One ENT says my problem is TMJ. Another one says it's ETD. I know when I swallow my ears "crinkle".

I have been doing saline rinses on/off for years. Also nasal sprays. I realized that fluids from the rinses/sprays end up in my ears - making things worse. Particularly my right ear.
I don't want to do ear tubes. Last week GP/PCP saw fluid behind my eardrum. I've been having bad allergies - could be from that - or from rinses/sprays. I remember as child I had eardrum lanced. I called around to see if I could get that done. See how I felt. (ears) - then hop in chamber to see. As usual finding a cooperative doctor in - network difficult. I was quoted $900 by one doctor's office.

Brussels: Homeopathy has intrigued me for years. When first Dx'd with Lyme I went to doctor of classical homeopathy. I got remedies. I still felt dreadful - gave up. Gave in and went to LLD - got a shot of Bicillin in office. The next day I felt almost 100 pct well. That didn't last. Years later I had to have IV Rocephin (ER for resp infection) - same thing - I felt like I'd never been sick a day in my life. But of course - that didn't last. Subsequent use of the drugs didn't give same effect. But......it made me realize why folks chose to do Abx.

I've seen a doctor of Chinese Medicine who does electrodermal screening. First visit I got a mix of nosodes including Lyme. IIRC that made me sick (er). Gave up.

I went back to him recently - Lyme nosodes didn't "balance" me - so none given to take. I was given drops for stress, candida, pollen/mold etc. In alcohol. Again - made me sick/worse. Or perhaps coincidence - with allergy season.

I recently bought some homeopathic pellets - Histamin?

Sorry writing so much - as usual - tired........
I need to do something or nothing - next weeks until ear problems hopefully resolved.

The H. drops I got in alcohol - instead of swallowing (burns mouth etc) they can be applied topically???

Thanks again - all of you. Thanks for being here, responding and caring.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

To add: Important also for now - cut down inflammation. Not sure how. Also don't do things that cause a reaction. Right now my body seems on high alert for allergens and other toxins. Not sure what my immune system is doing - but I would prefer not to do/take things that my immune system would react to. Does that make sense? To add - again - re: homeopathy. Perhaps it's not as "benign" as I had thought - unless it's the alcohol. The remedies are supposed to cause some kind of immune system reaction, right? Can that be toned down?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Brussels
Member # 13480

Homeopathy is not only mild medicine. It can literally knock some people down, cause strong reactions or profound reactions long term.

I totally disagree with Keebler here: homeopathy is not a solo treatment, but Rife neither.

I use basically homeopathy as a main treatment for most health issues, and everything else I use as supportive.

Nothing is a solo treatment for ANY chronic illness.

If one forgets the diet part - any treatment will probably NOT work for chronic cases.

Classic homeopathic remedies can knock people down.
You could see that yourself, right?

Sometimes, they do nothing. Or nothing apparent. There are many reasons for that (sometimes it's not the right remedy either, or the potency is not right).

I tried a lot of things, dozens of herbs (it reached a hundred or more, I'm almost sure because some came in combinations....),

...bits of abx (these were the worst in my opinion, they work just the moment you take them, and even not very well, plus they damage the digestive tract, and then all their toxins made me feel like a zombie), ...

....but the only thing that finally stopped lyme coming back were homeopathic nosodes THROUGH infrared (photons).

What convinced me, was my daughter who had a double knee size.

At the hospital, they started Rocephin IV (just one or two shots).

I pulled her off the abx after the 2nd shot, as I don't believe it would put her chronic lyme into remission.

Her double knee swelled in the middle of winter. I thought it was because she fell and hurt herself, not that it was a relapse from lyme.

So I went home, and did the photon sessions with the nosodes on her body. Only once.

Photons alone do something, but with nosodes, they are another thing.

Well, after that single photon treatment with homeopathic nosodes, after exactly 5 days, my daughter was not only walking again, but playful, swollen knee down to zero.

This was a couple of days after the MDs told me she would need at least 2 weeks of Rocephin, probably 3, then still cortisone injections in case her knee did not go back to normal.

The chief doctor told me 4 days before that: 'If you stop the abx now, she may lose her knee forever'. That was on Tuesday, the day I pulled her off abx.

On Saturday, she was again back to her normal!

So, nope: homeopathy is not mild, weak treatment. I fully disagree with that.

Because of my daughter's success, I did the treatment on myself. I had been fighting lyme, chronic lyme, relapses, many bites, for about 4 years.

That was in 2009.
Lyme did not come back, so far.

I do think we get reinfected, because we never stopped being bitten.

We both are still bitten, I got 2 bites just in the last 24 hours!! One tick I pulled it before bed, the other, I just pulled it now. The older bite is swollen, because I'm allergic to tick bites. The one I pulled now, seems barely swollen.

I got some headache, fog just until some moments ago.

What did I take / do so far?

- MSM as a binder
-Relivora from Sanum (homeopathic),
-Fortakehl from Sanum (homeopathic),
-I'm using some basic-acid control homeopathics (Citrokehl, Sanuvis),
- I took Lymphdiaral and Itires (homeopathic for liver and lymph),
- I rubbed essential oils on the bite (Olbas)...

- Later I'll take Recarcin for the gut bacteria (so that lyme or whatever bacteria that were in the ticks do not colonize my gut),

- I am using the small PEMF device with pulsed frequencies just for the headache. It's been about 30 minutes, I think the headache is almost gone ( about 10-20% of what it was).

I rarely get headaches, it must be the ticks..

- probably increase some kimchi today (for colonizing the gut well again, and due to garlic content)

- I'm taking cistus incanus tea as suggested by dr K (this was already before the bites)

- I know I'll need chlorella, possibly spiru + barley leaves probably in the evening (in case the ticks were contaminated).

And that's the thing.

During the week, I'll continue with the zinc, magnesium, Vit D3, B12, Omega 3, some Vit B... the 'normal' supplements I usually take (with or without bites).

Since 2009, lyme did not come back, despite tick bites. Many many tick bites, in a region that is known to be infected for a long time. There is at least 100 years of tick born diseases DOCUMENTED here in this area.

Really, the only thing that makes me less afraid of ticks is homeopathy and my photon device. Without them, I think I would have moved away long ago!!

[ 04-10-2018, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Brussels
Member # 13480

At 9.30 pm, I was so tired I could not keep my eyes open. My body is fighting something, for sure.

I usually stay up till 11, 12 even later...

I slept through the night, like a rock. I felt cold -hot the whole day yesterday. I wonder...

I'm having loose stools, it means there is something for sure.

It's not the first time the ticks were contaminated after 2009.

1 in 3 ticks have Borrelia in my region according to an old study (it must be much worse now).

2 bites in one day mean almost a 70% chance they had Borrelia. My next bite - that will happen, as it always happens every single year - will put my chances to 100%, statistically.

Without these homeopathic remedies, my photon device, etc, I would be dead, probably.

It's not only Borrelia. If it were, it would be fine, I think.

It's all the parallel infections that make the toxic tick soup bad, in my opinion....

I think about 70% of what I take is homeopathic. The rest are supplements, binders. When I get bitten, I try to avoid too many proteins or sugar or junk food.

The stuff works (for me and daughter, at least!) because it's been almost 9 years we haven't got lyme. No relapses. No new infection!

I could not take kimchi (due to loose stools), I took then some enzymes, today I'll test a couple of probiotics (capsules).

I'm telling you that, because homeopathy became my main gun against all sorts of diseases. The problem is the AMOUNT of treatment protocols / possibilities / products.

The array is HUGE. You can spend your whole life and just have experience in ONE single branch of hmeopathy, and have no idea about what Sanum does, or what homotoxicology and anthroposophic medicine are.

Over-reaction with homeopathy is not uncommon, as you experienced. It's not ONLY a mild medicine, the same way that herbs are not mild either!

I mean, not always! [Smile]

I hope you find some answers on what to do.

We all have our preferences, our bodies react different, but mine is no doubt, homeopathy and energy medicine. They come first, the rest is supportive.

susank
Member # 22150

Thanks. Interesting. Want to add/mention some things. CBC from last week: Abs. Eosinophils. I was 2.4 ref range 0-.4 High. Def. allergies.

Last year I did allergy testing - had SLIT drops made for me. I took them a few months then stopped. $100/month. I tested positive for the usual; grasses, weeds, trees, mosquitoes, horses and cats. Negative for molds.

Here are the drops my doctor Rx's:
https://asensadrops.com They obviously have the offending antigens in them.

So.....searching online I found these drops by Allergena:

http://meditrend.com

Trees, grasses, weeds. Mold, dust and mites, fragrance (chemicals), and pet dander. $18/bottle.
Looking at "ingredients" it seems there are antigens in them at homeopathic dilutions. And......include herbal drainage remedies.

No - I have no affiliation with the a.m. companies!

The ENT Rx drops have no alcohol.
The Allergena drops do. I see at least three bottles I would buy.

(Will ask again - can the liquid/drop remedies be applied topicall to "avoid" the alcohol"?)

I was surprised to see OTC homeopathic allergy drops with antigens. How to compare to the Rx drops?

Would the Allergena drops be considered "nosodes"?

Obviously different than remedies selected by a classical homeopathic - sooooooo many to chose from.

Tired...........Thoughts? Hope this info helps others as well.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are that focusing on the ear issues so you can get back to your chamber would be first priority. PM me if you'd like to talk.
Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Active Ingredients: Antigens 6X, 12X, 30X: **Zone 1 Grasses, **Zone 1 Trees, **Zone 1 Weeds;
Herbal Drainage Remedies 3X: Baptisia tinctoria HPUS, Hydrastis canadensis HPUS, Myrrha HPUS, Nasturtium aquaticum HPUS, Phytolacca decandra HPUS, Trigonella foenum-graecum; Echinacea 3X HPUS.

---------------
Well, I would call these products a mix of nosodes (Antigen nosodes) with other homeopathic remedies in 3X dilutions.

why were you surprised to find Antigens in homeopathic nosodes? They simply dilute the Antigens, like all homeopathic remedies.

Like Borrelia nosodes: are diluted borrelia.

Borrelia antigen nosodes: are diluted Borrelia antigens.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Yes, as I said above, homeopathy is HUGE.

Classic homeopaths do not like nosodes of any type, nor symptom relief homeopathic products that are sold without prescription.

I don't do discrimination. Whatever helps, I'm glad.

I used both Borrelia nosodes (from bacteria) and Borrelia antigen nosodes (from antigens).

and classic remedies.

As for nose allergies, I simply go out and produce my own nosodes home, without the antigen (of course). I just collect the pollen or dust, and dilute to X3 till X6, depending on the severity of the allergy.

it never failed, so far. It always works, and it's for free. I learned that with Dr K. If you want, send me a PM, it's baby easy to do.

My daughter does that on her own since she was a small child.

susank
Member # 22150

Pho - yes the goal is to get back in chamber. Working on that. Need to deal with allergies and congestion effecting ears. Also trying to find an ENT to help with E. tubes. Not easy.
To add: researching E tubes I found reference to "Modified Muncie Technique" where some chiros ?* - go inside mouth and do something to open/correct E tubes. *Osteopaths?

Brussels - I knew of "nosodes" - but yes was very surprised to see the Allergena drops. Perhaps they will work like the Rx SLIT drops but much less expensive. I just ordered two bottles from Amazon dot com and prices even cheaper there.
Will try - will see....

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

susank
Member # 22150

PS Brussels - so it looks like real antigens in the drops? Highly diluted? And against so many things. More "things" that my Rx SLIT drops cover. The allergy testing (skin) had a limited number of "things" to test for.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Brussels
Member # 13480

The dilutions are: 6X, 12X, 30X.

The lowest dilution is 6X. If you send this to the lab, they'll probably find a bit of antigens inside, but diluted.

They put 6X + 12X + 30X together.

Highly diluted homeopathics start at after 24X (after that, there won't be any molecule found).

6X and 12X still contain some chemical molecules, but in diluted form.

the 30x will leave no molecules inside anymore.

Let us know if these drops works!!

Brussels
Member # 13480

You can do homeopathy with literally anything: with spit, urine, with flower essences, with live tissue from organs, with blood, lymph, mineral powders, with moonlight, pathogens, catarrh, pus, anything!

This product has Antigens.

After dilution 24X, there won't be any chemical molecule found (the Avogadro number).

Before 24X, there will be chemical molecules...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement