LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » check side effects???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: check side effects???
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the cardiologist put me on labetalol.

well my scalp is burning and tingling something awful. I have bodywide burning like sunburn.

when I called the office and asked what to do.

guess what??? he said those aren't side effects of labetalol.....jus stop a few days.

well dang...if you research labetalol..every single person practically says scalp burning and tingling.

why the heck don't drs know about side effects instead of making you sound like you're crazy.

instead of saying it's not and they've never heard of it, why not say, we'll research this and tho it's unusual it might happen.

gggrrrr... semantics I guess...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first I was going to say that doctors can't possibly know all the side effects of the meds they prescribe - however, the cardiologist - the person who is supposedly trained in the field - should be familiar with the side effects (#2 when you google labetalol side effects is tingling and burning) of meds he is prescribing!

It's all about doctors not knowing everything but trying to convince us, in this day and age when we, the patients, who are encouraged to ask questions, that we do not have a clue.

Doctors don't like to admit they are wrong and they especially don't like to admit ignorance.

(Side note to Randibear - Silver said she is still fighting the effects of the Zetia flu)

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My very intelligent and sensible LLMD told me one time if I ever have a question about a med, to call the pharmacist. He wisely said that the pharmacist was the expert on the drugs.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also trust more the pharmacist or the vet.

The vet cannot just prescribe drugs, not know side effects, and let the beasts still look ill, not eating, laming, burning, whatever.

If he does that, no one will call him again.
the vet usually knows side effects better as his job totally depends on that.

But, there are doctors and doctors. A tiny minority are very good, some are good, but the majority are far behind the pharmacist and the vets.

But even if s/he is excellent, it's a MUST to read labels on our own.

Never let your body and health be taken care of by someone else's entire responsibility. Not even 50%. I mean, that is what I think, after visiting MDs in 3 continents...

I suppose doctors do not have time to read labels! They are too busy poisoning other patients! [Razz]

No kidding. Just think about vaccines, what are inside, side effects.

The side effects list is huge. That is why they never show the vaccine inserts to patients.

You gotta find by yourself.

Not to speak of drug INTERACTIONS, that are prescribed by different doctors.

If the doctor does not know single drug side effects because he never read the labels...

...do you think he'll take the time to find out if the cocktail of drugs (prescribed by other doctors too) are not known to interact badly?

I wouldn't put my hand on fire.

Specially when the average time you see the doctor is 5-10 minutes at a time.

Trust your doctor ONLY and you are cooked.

That's NOT medical advice! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement