LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chicken Pox vaccine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chicken Pox vaccine
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out I'm required to get a chicken pox vaccine to go back to school. Somehow when I was vaccinated for chicken pox as a kid, they forgot to give me the second shot.

If I'm vaccinated now, will I get shingles? I don't want to do it if it will make me get worse, now that I am feeling better.

And I read on the internet that you can get a mild form of chicken pox from it. Could another person catch it from me?

Thanks

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Good questions you have there. You might read through here for considerations . . . support measures to put in place BEFORE you get a vaccination, and AFTERWARD.

When anyone says they "read on the internet" that does not take into account who wrote what they read or what organization are they with so as to determine the research that writer did. "on the internet" is just so vague.

Look to some of the organizations and contact them regarding your questions. Look to a variety of sources, though, not just one. All aspects should be considered.

Good luck.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131625;p=0

VACCINE INGREDIENTS - Informational Links set
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should go ahead & get the shot.

You need to get both of the shots so your body can build enough immunity to protect against the virus.

If you don’t get the second shot you will be completely vulnerable if exposed to the infection.

Chicken pox vaccine is very effective at totally preventing the virus. And this is the only way you can truly prevent shingles.

I wish they had the chicken pox vaccine, I got it in 6th grade. It didn’t itch, my whole body was covered in open oozing sores. The lesions were even in my nose, mouth, vagina, and under my eye lids. I hurt too bad to cry.

This is not a benign disease.

I’ve cared for children who’ gone blind from chicken pox. Skin infections like MRSA are common complications. Lesions can form anywhere in your body, including your lungs (causing sepsis). They can also line the entire GI tract (causing sepsis). This sepsis is usually fatal.

Chicken pox virus complications are well known to increase as you grow older. Before the vaccine was created, if a child in the community got the virus, parents would intentionally expose their young children hoping that they might be blessed enough to have only a mild case.

Chicken pox is far more fatal for adults. (One of my classmates dads died from it, he got it from caring for his 2 daughters.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people think that they’ somewhat invincible, as in the bad stuff that happens to other people can’t possibly ever happen to them.

If that’s you, OK.

Just remember, once you get sick with chicken pox, you will always be at risk for shingles. That’s a whole nightmare all it’s own. Ask anyone who’s suffered from it. They suffer extreme nerve pain (rarely goes away, often gets worse with time.)

Seems like i’m the only one bold enough to continue sharing what I know is true. By true I mean, seen with my own eyes. Life/ work experience.

My single voice will quickly be drowned out by several loud & very opinionated anti vaccine posters.

Please weigh the facts given to you. Don’t make your decision based peer pressure on fear or emotion. And when you seek medical guidance, please use reliable resources like “”Medscape”.

It makes me happy to hear that you’re going back to school, have fun, your futures wide open & waiting!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let you know, my one nephew that got the chicken pox vaccine, got the chicken pox anyway. He had it worse then his younger unvaccinated siblings.
Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to ask my LLND about it.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5582/pil

Like all vaccines and medicines, this vaccine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.

Very rarely (reported in less than 1 in 10,000 people), a severe allergic reaction may occur with symptoms that may include facial swelling, low blood pressure, and difficulty breathing, with or without rash.

These reactions often occur very soon after the injection.

If any of these symptoms or other serious symptoms are noticed after vaccination, you must seek immediate medical attention.

Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following rare or very rare side effects:

bruising or bleeding more easily than normal; red or purple, flat, pinhead spots under the skin, severe paleness

severe skin rash (ulcers and blistering that may involve the eyes, mouth, and/or genitals; red, often itchy spots which start on the limbs and sometimes on the face and the rest of the body ) (Stevens-Johnson syndrome; erythema multiforme)

muscle weakness, abnormal sensations, tingling in the arms, legs, and upper body (Guillain-Barré syndrome)

fever, feeling sick, vomiting, headache, stiff neck and sensitivity to light (meningitis)

stroke

seizures (fits) with or without a fever

---------------------------
The following side effects have been observed:

Very common reactions (reported by more than 1 out of 10 people) were:

fever

injection site redness of the skin, pain/sensitivity to touch/soreness, and swelling

------------------------------------

Common reactions (reported by less than 1 out of 10 but more than 1 out of 100 people) were:

upper respiratory tract infection (nose, throat, airway)

irritability

rash, measles-/rubella-/varicella-like rash

injection site rash, itching at the injection site

----------------------------
Uncommon reactions (reported by less than 1 out of 100 but more than 1 out of 1,000 people) were:

headache, drowsiness

discharge and itching of the eyes with crusting of eyelids (conjunctivitis)

cough, nasal congestion, chest congestion, runny nose, loss of appetite, flu

upset stomach with vomiting, cramps, diarrhoea caused by a virus

diarrhoea, vomiting (gastroenteritis)

ear infection, sore throat

crying, inability to sleep, sleep disorders

varicella skin rash caused by virus (chicken pox), illness caused by a virus, inflammation of the skin, nappy rash, redness of the skin, sweat rash or prickly heat, hives

weakness/fatigue, generally feeling unwell, injection site reactions including hive-like rash, numbness, bleeding, bruising, hardened raised area of the skin, warm feeling, warm to touch

----------------------------------
Rare reactions (reported by less than 1 out of 1,000 people but more than 1 out of 10,000 people) were:

swollen glands, bruising or bleeding more easily than normal

lack of emotion, nervousness, agitation, sleeping too much, abnormal dreams, changes in emotions, difficulty walking, seizures with a fever, shaking

swelling of eyelid, irritation of eye

ear pain

feeling of fullness in the nose sometimes with throbbing ache and facial pressure or pain (sinusitis), sneezing, runny nose (rhinitis),

congestion in the lung, bloody nose, wheezing, swelling of the tubes relating to the lungs (bronchitis),

lung infection, severe lung infection with fever, chills, cough, congestion and shortness of breath (pneumonia)

sore white patches in the mouth (fungal infection), flu-like illness, non-poisonous bite/sting

stomach pain, upset stomach and feeling sick, excessive gas in the stomach, blood in the stool, mouth ulcer

flushing, blisters, skin disorders and infections (including acne, bruising, cold sores, eczema, hives, measles, and sunburn)

muscle/bone pain, aching muscles, pain of the hip, leg or neck, stiffness

blood or fluid leaking from blood vessel

injection site reactions including changes in skin colour, trauma, roughness/dryness, swollen lips

----------------------------------
Side effects that have been reported during marketed use of VARIVAX include:

illnesses affecting the nervous system (brain and/or spinal cord), sagging facial muscles and drooping eyelid on one side of the face (Bell's palsy), walking unsteadily, dizziness, tingling or numbness of the hands and feet

shingles, sore throat (pharyngitis), purple or red-brown spots visible through the skin (Henoch-Schönlein purpura),

...secondary bacterial infections of the skin and soft tissues including impetigo and cellulitis,

... varicella (chickenpox), aplastic anaemia, which may include bruising or bleeding more easily than normal;

red or purple, flat, pinhead spots under the skin; severe paleness

---------------------

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What VARIVAX contains:

The active ingredient is: live attenuated varicella virus (Oka/Merck strain) (produced in MRC-5 human diploid cells).

Each 0.5 mL dose of reconstituted vaccine contains: a minimum of 1,350 PFU (plaque forming units) of varicella virus (Oka/Merck strain).

The other ingredients are:

Powder:

Sucrose,

hydrolysed gelatin,

urea,

sodium chloride,

monosodium L-glutamate,

anhydrous disodium phosphate,

potassium dihydrogen phosphate

and potassium chloride.

Residual components in trace quantities: neomycin.

Solvent:

Water for injections

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I only copy-pasted the information in the vaccine insert of Merck.

They write there may be side effects, such as varicella itself (from the vaccine), plus things like Bell's palsy, an incredible amount of infections (lung, skin, mouth), neurologic diseases etc.

Less than 1 in 100 may GET varicella from the vaccine! They write that!!

What I find mysterious is the respiratory tract INFECTIONS, that are listed as COMMON side effects.

Why one would get a respiratory tract infection (like a cold, flu) from a chicken pox vaccine?

It is done in HUMAN cells, probably aborted embryo. Don's ask me which human cell, like brain, skin or whatever...

The vaccine will contain then FOREIGN human DNA, plus monosodium gluamate, and also probably pig DNA (hydrolsed gelatin).

-------------
How is hydrolyzed gelatin made? (wiki)

Gelatin is a mixture of peptides and proteins produced by partial hydrolysis of collagen extracted from the skin, bones, and connective tissues of animals such as domesticated cattle, chicken, pigs, and fish.

---------------

When you eat a pig, it passes through your digestion system, it does not go directly to your blood and cells.

When you take it injected, it goes directly to your cells, without any protection.

Our body is not made to have foreign proteins from skin, bones and joints of pigs (or whatever animal) injected directly into our veins.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Vaccines Developed Using Human Cell Strains

"Merck, as well as other vaccine manufacturers, uses two well-established human cell lines to grow the virus for selected vaccines," Merck said in a statement to ABC News. "The FDA has approved the use of these cell lines for the production of these Merck vaccines."

Other common vaccines, including those for chicken pox, hepatitis and rabies, are also propagated in cells originating from legally aborted human fetuses, according to the FDA.

"These abortions, which occurred decades ago, were not undertaken with the intent of producing vaccines," said a spokeswoman for the U.S. Centers Disease Control and Prevention.

The original cells were obtained more than 50 years ago and have been maintained under strict federal guidelines by the American Type Culture Collection, according to Merck.

"These cell lines are now more than three generations removed from their origin, and we have not used any new tissue to produce these vaccines," the company added in its statement.

To say that the vaccines contain a significant amount of human fetal tissue, as some objectors to the vaccines claim, is misleading, stressed Dr. Paul Offit, the director of the vaccine education center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

"There are perhaps nanograms of DNA fragments still found in the vaccine, perhaps billionths of a gram," he said. "You would find as much if you analyzed the fruits and vegetables you eat."

Aborted fetuses used in vaccines

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
The UK vaccine adjuvants might differ from those produced in the US.

Be sure to find out the exact name of the vaccine - before your appointment so you have time to study the exact list of adjuvants in the brand being offered to you.

You might also get at the pharmacy the exact pharmaceutical drug insert - the full page, usually folded many times and very small print. Get this and magnifying glass.

It might be on the mfg. website - though some websites and even printed pages that might at pharmacy are not the official full listing of ingredients as well as potential side effects.

Even if you decide to get this, it's important to know all this - so you can try to avert some possible reactions. Knowledge is power. It's not meant as fear; just as essential information.

There are always pros & cons with nearly any decisions we face every day. Information & preparation are key.

There are other guiding suggestions in the "ingredients" links set.

Many contain aluminum and glyphosate (an herbacide).

As these are injected, and some of the adjuvants (like glyphosate, etc.) allow passage through the blood brain barrier, this is why aluminum in some pose such a risk for some people.

substances like monosodium L-glutamate getting fast tracked into the brain tissue can be much more profound than mistakenly getting too much in a food source. Any form of glutamate can be highly excitatory to some people

and also actually toxic to the nerve cells and coating around the nerves in those who have neurological illnesses - including lyme & MS. Detail in the "ingredients" links set.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Dr Offit said above: "You would find as much (of DNA fragments of human fetuses) if you analyzed the fruits and vegetables you eat."

I wonder where are human fetuses' DNA doing in my salad bowl??

Where did he get this idea??

I guess everyone has buried some fetuses in their veggie garden??

Even if it were true, I can eat a human (theoretically) and pigs, and won't probably get allergic to their flesh.

But if I inject human cells in my body, or pig joints or skin cells, well, that is a different story.

If it were the same, they could give all vaccines through the mouth instead of injecting them.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement