LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » low blood pressure and chest pains

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: low blood pressure and chest pains
mulelover31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mulelover31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a new friend that has just started meds for lymes. She suddenly has chest pains and she went to emergency room. They said she was dehydrated and gave her fluids . However since she has come home she has low blood pressure already. Dr. C is her Dr. She is on different antibiotics every 10 days switching back and forth. I wondered if one of those could cause it or what. Anyone else have this problem.
Posts: 124 | From Mound City MO USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
herx maybe??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mulelover31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mulelover31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. C office did not think it was a herx but I wonder about that too!
Posts: 124 | From Mound City MO USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know which meds she is on?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotQuiteAntonio
Member # 47277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotQuiteAntonio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too. I’m not sure why.

My systolic blood pressure is regularly in the low 100s and 90s. I don’t commit the diastolic pressures to memory, I guess. The pulse pressure is always reasonable. Low 100 is not alarmingly low, but when coupled with other symptoms, I’m sure Lyme/co are at work. Plus, it’s not as if my BP gets checked regularly (I should).

Also, I experience episodes of lightheadedness and feelings as if my brain is losing blood flow. It’s like I’m shorting out. There have been times I’ve jumped out of my seat in public places, because I felt as though I was about to die. It’d be interesting to know my vitals at times like these, but I’m always so rattled.

I’ve not had an imaging of my brain done. I should. It’s difficult for me to go to regular doctors for the odd things. They’re not receptive. I haven’t seen my LLMD in months either. Life’s been hectic.

Are the chest pains like a clutching feeling? It takes my breath away as well. My hope is that it’s just in the bone or cartilage and not a cardiovascular issue.

I am not on any px meds and it is like no herx I’ve experienced in my 5 years “trying” to treat.

Sorry I can’t help - just sounds kind of similar to some of my symptoms. It’s nice knowing you’re not alone, sometimes. Big happy family here, huh..

--------------------
Still here! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8 | From Nowhere, Iowa. | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desmopressin? , inhaled aldosterone from hong kong? , i chew raw licorice for acute episodes . bart tx and gut health with l planterium helped no2 levels... its a hpa axis thing idk?

i had to drink sea salt water for a bit

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement