LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Liposomal transdermal magnesium

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liposomal transdermal magnesium
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is extremely relaxing, and it helps to take in magnesium without passing through the digestive tube.

Dr K recommends transdermal magnesium chloride (the problem is that it may sting the skin).

Or Mag Chloride IV, he says it's also good.

Well, as I know that liposomal Vit C is said to be even stronger than IV Vit C, so I decided to do a liposomal magn chloride from Zechstein salt.

Zechstein salt is about 30-50% magnesium chloride and it is from ancient sea deposits (so not polluted).

http://www.genuinezechstein.com/

https://zechstein-magnesium-oil.com/en/transdermal

The funny thing is that I started rubbing this salt yesterday, and at this exact moment, I feel a salty taste in my throat...

The cost is ridiculous: you only pay for the lecithin, basically as the Zechstein salt here is very cheap.

It feels extremely relaxing, but I think I need to drink more water than usual (this salty taste proves that...).

Lipo Mag chloride did not sting.

I also washed my mouth with bits of it (mixed with water), and IMMEDIATELY got a reaction on inner muscles (like they relaxed immediately, which was a very funny sensation).

I spit the stuff off, as I'm not really willing yet to drink this stuff (not supposed to, I think).

The liposomal Vit C has been a great help for me, but it still makes me too excited, my muscles get harder, I think it makes me have more cramps, so I decided to increase intake Mag citrate.

But my stomach can't take that daily...

that is why I decided to make the lipo magnesium (better with REAL liposomes than only with water, as only water may sting and it won't penetrate as well as with liposomes).

I feel the lipo Magn is a great joint therapy (to be RUBBED ONLY) as a complement to the Lipo C (ingested).

The lipo C gives me immediate energy, makes my muscles stronger, but my nerves get also overexcited.

The lipo mag is still new to me, but it made me relax immediately. It feels like a massage therapy. Great before bed.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are barely any recipes for this, so I did that on my own...

If someone does this, or have new ideas, please share them here!!!

My 1st batch of Lipo magnesium chloride:

- 100 ml salt (I used Zechstein flakes)
- 40 grams of lecithin (I use sunflower lecithin)
- 100 ml distilled water
- 100 ml vodka

1- Boil water, wait 1 minute to cool, pour it on salt flakes, dissolve. Stir as well as possible.

2- I blend it for about 2 minutes (with a hand mixer). I still can see some sort of residues, but I supposed most of it was dissolved.

3- Wait to cool down to about 20 degrees C.

4- Add 40 grams of lecithin (more if you'd like, I preferred to do it less sticky, that is why I only put 40 grams).

Blend for 4-5 minutes.

Watch out not to get hotter than 30 degrees C (or the liposomes dissolve again).

5- I use a coffee pot (glass) to do that all, and place the coffee pot in the ultrasound cleaner (under add a paper towel or the plastic basket that comes with the ultrasound device)..

Add water to the ultrasound cleaner.

Sonicate in the device for about 40 minutes (or more, if you prefer), always in intervals of 5 or 10 minutes.

Check temperature (never above 30 degrees C).

I just do it in the garage, let it cool down 2 or 3 times.

One way to cool it down faster is to add ice cubes in the water of the ultrasound cleaner.

It sounds complicate, but it isn't. Not at all.

The more time you have, the best, as I just forget it and come check hours later to see how it goes, when the whole thing cooled down.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

When it's ready, I add it to a glass with a dropper (just about half) and the other half with water.

I shake it, and then drop + rub on skin.

You gotta let it for a while, until the skin absorbs (for normal magnesium oil, they say 30 minutes, then you may wash).

Watch out for skin lesions: it hurts (because it's salt, and salt hurts on wounds).

I could rub it all over the skin (except genitals, eyes, ears, etc). I wanted to rub on my scalp, but it's hard to get rid of the liposomes.

Drink more water than usual, as I swear, I can taste salt in my mouth at this moment.

This is very very relaxing, specially on the back, face and neck.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a magnesium gel with mag chloride and seaweed extract. I like that on my legs and feet.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Does it also sting on skin or absolutely feels nothing, hiker?
Brussels
Member # 13480

PHARMACOKINETICS OF SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE IN RATS AFTER ORAL ADMINISTRATION
C. Regnault
M. Soursac
M. Roch‐Arveiller
E. Postaire
G. Hazebroucq

Google this paper above, I am not able to post the link here in lymenet (I don't know why)...

Even though this paper is not about liposomal magnesium, its conclusion is interesting:

"Liposomes, and particularly liposomes with
ceramides, might enhance blood SOD activity,
even after oral administration.

The pharmacological activity of liposomal
SOD has been shown to depend on its affinity
for cell membranes which might be enhanced
by addition of amphipathic molecules.

However, it remains to be determined whether the
liposomes became associated with cell pellets
by adsorption to cell surfaces, fusion
with cell membranes, phagocytosis, or
a combination of these mechanisms."

They were trying to increase SOD in rats, but oral absorption was compromised...

A bit like glutathione, B12, even magnesium for us.

We can take these orally, but only a little will be ACTUALLY used...

Well, through liposomes, they could considerably increase the amount of SOD.

What they don't know is how...

One thing is right: liposomes have affinity for cell membranes.

The mechanism is not totally understood.

Whatever you put into liposomal form, think that it will go intracellular.

If you drink liposomes, think that you need LESS because the liposomes will escape a lot of destruction from gastric acids, and liver bile, etc, but go directly to the lymph of the gut.

So whatever you take through liposomes, take less than usual and expect stronger results.

I stopped rubbing this lipo magnesium because I still have a salty tastes in my throat more than 24 hours after last application on skin!!

and yesterday, this magnesium relaxed me so much I couldn't keep my eyes open after 7 pm.

All my muscles felt like 1 ton heavy, I simply fell like the earth gravity was pulling me down so badly so I went to bed at 8 pm!!! [Big Grin]

I'll rub LESS, instead of rubbing it 2x day, I'll do it only once, and probably in less amount...

I'm sure liposomes are a great tool for those fighting INTRACELLULAR pathogens or intracellular DAMAGE (like damage to mitochondria).

I once read that liposomes ALSO have affinity to the mitochondria-cell-wall.

Just imagine you can do chlorophyl in liposomal forms, or COQ10 in liposomal forms!

For the price of your ultraound machine (20-30 dollars, if small), and lecithin powder!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement