LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: results
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindadanis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Igenex results:

Lyme Immunoblot IGM bands 31 and 41 positive

Is this a positive lyme test?

negative for pcr for lyme

no coinfections positive

Lyme Immunoblot IGM negative

Please help me, do I have lyme or not because llmd said today I do not.

thanks

Posts: 468 | From boston, ma | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindadanis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she gave me a cognitive test and I failed it again Said I may have beginning dementia?
Posts: 468 | From boston, ma | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to the Western Blot??

I'm not that familiar with the Immunoblot.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IGeneX is now doing Immunoblot Western blot tests. Catches more stuff.

Band 31 is a positive band. Many think that having even one positive band is enough. Band 41 is the flagellin band - common to all spirochetal infections. Here's the explanation of the bands.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

Your cognitive situation can improve with treatment.

You can't say names here, only in private messages, but I'm wondering if your LLMD is an ILADS LLMD. Most Lyme doctors treat based on history and symptoms, and many consider even one Lyme-specific band enough.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

no she is not treating me because she said it is not a positive test. I am very confused. She said go treat the RA, high sugars, etc. It says on the test it is positive because I have these two bands, igenex positive not cdc positive. she is an ILADS doctor too. been doing this for over 30 years.
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no lindaanis. [confused]

You STILL are left without treatment after all this time, through no fault of your own. This is horrible. This should NOT be happening. Especially being on the East coast, where there are many good LLMD's.

According to Dr H (world-renowned LLMD, researcher, teacher, and all-around hero), he states;

"The sickest Lyme patients will the have the least reactive bands because their immune systems are just too weak to develop the antibodies for testing. A positive test for any ONE of the Lyme specific bands means you have been exposed to borrelia. They are 23, 31, 34, 39, 83, and 93."

According to Dr H and the CDC website, Lyme disease is best diagnosised by 'signs and symptoms', a clinical diagnosis is best.

Take the Lyme Disease and Multiple Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome (MSIDS) test here ;

https://divcomplatform.s3.amazonaws.com/ip.divcomstaging.com/images/976b3dd6f2c8d3460012f264483a9737.pdf

You can join your area's Lyme support group to hear first-hand feedback on your area's LLMD's providers here ;

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MassachusettsLyme/info?guccounter=1

I cannot comment on why your LLMD refuses to treat you. If he/she feels uncomfortable about the diagnosis, they could have started you on an antibiotic challenge to see how your body reacts.

Bottom line is you NEED treatment so you have to find a provider that will do this. This is one of the hardest obstacles Lyme patients face. . , finding treatment. Take all of your copies of all blood work, testing, and provider visits to a new LLMD.

I'm so sorry but there's no other way. You must fight for your health. Start over with a new LLMD if possible. We are always here for you.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

she said I was "exposed to lyme" but not sure if its active or not. how does any llmd know what answer? I am so confused, sick, terrible memory but wonder if its just brain fog. why is she not treating me with just one or two bands? How do we know when its active or not?
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not right. Band 31 is a positive Lyme band. It doesn't go away - it lives in us. I think you need to see a new Lyme doctor.

So are you having symptoms now?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

yes terrible memory brain fog, anxiety, high RA factor, very high, body aches, headaches, etc. I have been sick for 20 months. She said she doesn't know if its active or not. she didn't like the memory issues I was having. I have some doxy in the house, 200 mg. should I take it?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move on, Linda. Find another LLMD. She is pretty worthless.

The Western Blot truly only shows exposure. She should know to TREAT YOU because you have SYMPTOMS.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

this was not a western blot, it was another igenex test. I wrote it down above. is this the same as a western blot test?
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

she did run my cd57 but never mentioned it to me at the appt. My coinfections were all normal.
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

I also noticed she ran the pcr's and they are all negative. So does band 31 mean I have lyme now or not. I do have a lot of the symptoms for sure. I am going to start taking 200 mg. of doxy twice a day that I have and see if I notice a difference
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Just took out the doxy she had me on originally it is 100 mg twice a day, no refills. not 200 mg twice a day. Any thoughts on this?
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dosage is not high enough but better than nothing. Usually 200mg-400mg twice a day.

I echo the others who suggest you find a new LLMD and take copies of all your tests with you.

We can't diagnose you but I would find another LLMD.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dosage is not high enough but better than nothing. Usually 200mg-400mg twice a day.

I echo the others who suggest you find a new LLMD and take copies of all your tests with you.

We can't diagnose you but I would find another LLMD.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement