LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Protomyxzoa rheumatica

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protomyxzoa rheumatica
Golightly716
Member # 51484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golightly716     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can’t I find anything on this co-infection after 2014? Anyone have insight on this? Links to any recent information/articles on protomyxzoa?

I’ve been trying to figure out why I’m doing so well on serrapeptase, GSE, and Cryptolepis and I’m finding that it’s most similar to the treatment for protomyxzoa. Artemisia annua didn’t do anything to me and I tested negative for b. Ducani and b. Microti (PCR- Igenex).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 23 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Dr F is losing credibility on the bug.

First he said it was a parasite, or protozoa. Then it was fungus like. No one can test for it but him. So some doctors are hesitant.

I think Dr. C in PA is one of the ones who continues to treat it. The last presentations I saw from her now call it "Unidentified Infections". But the treatment is the same. MC-Bab-3, Golden Thread Supreme, Alinia, Ivermectin, others.

Betterhealthguy used to have a presentation which showed treatment for it from 2015 or 2016. I have a copy but can't find it online anymore.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Golightly716
Member # 51484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golightly716     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BCB, thank you for clearing it up a bit. So Dr. F has a monopoly on the tests for PR, which would make it hard for anyone to check his methods and verify results.

While reading up on PR I’ve seen a lot of similarities to hyper coagulation disorders. I wonder if Dr. Fs tests are just picking up on previously existing disorders?

More specifically, disorders like Antiphospholipid Antibody Disorder. This could be caused by poor detox pathways or infection and would cause excessive fibrin, which would lead to worsening biofilm, thus worsening Lyme and co-infections.

So Lyme could lead to a hyper-coagulable state that protects Lyme and co-infections.

“Possible mechanisms by which antiphospholipid antibody might be generated include the following:

1. Autoimmunity may be a factor; a break in tolerance may lead to an "escaped clone."

2. Closely related to the previously mentioned mechanism is the concept that antiphospholipid antibodies are a response to inner membrane leaflet antigens (ie, phosphoserine) that are exposed in apoptotic blebs on cells not eliminated from the circulation because of an overloaded or defective clearance system.

Antiphospholipid antibodies may also be cross-reactive antibodies induced by exogenous antigens from infectious organisms (eg, viral or bacterial)”

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1006128-overview#a5

Posts: 23 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it is so much that Dr. F has a "monopoly" on the tests but rather he is the only one who sees benefit in testing the way he does.

I know a lot of the symptoms that I have from time to time seem to fit the symptom list that Dr C has created. And I seem to do better on anti-parisitics, etc.

I've found my Dr. C's presentation from September 2016. (Betterhealthguy no longer shows it on his site.) In the preso she lists her treatment protocol for PR. It has evolved a bit from earlier presentations from 2012-2014. It is:

Protomyxzoa rheumatic Herbal antimicrobials

-BLt, CryptoPlus (Researched Nutritionals)
-MC-Bab-3, Pronan, PZ (Beyond Balance)
-Cumanda (Nutramedix)
-Golden Thread Supreme, Smilax Supreme (Supreme
Nutrition)
-Artemisinin (liposomal preparations best)

(Please note: treatment of Protomyxzoa sp. always requires multiple agents: herbals and prescription antiparasitics even in children. None of these herbals can be used in pregnancy)

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

More info from Dr. F on here from 2017. Scroll down to Dr. F section:

https://www.betterhealthguy.com/ilads-2017

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Golightly716
Member # 51484

Thank you, that link was helpful - it highlights how vague Protomyxzoa actually is. I think it makes more sense to me to view it as a variant of Lyme rather than a co-infection/mold.

Even under the microscope it looks vague. The images I found look like babesia/malaria in the RBCs, with more biofilm in the surrounding area.

I’m posting the symptoms here - mainly so I can try to wrap my head around PR.

Symptoms of PROTOMYXZOA RHEUMATICA
– Cold hands and feet, often clammy
– Poor to “pathetic” capillary refill, skin color changes – pale, dusky, hyperemic (red), purple, mottled
– HA, pain behind/in eyes
– Scalp sores
– Sinus congestion, PND, teeth pain
– Palpitations
– SOB, air hunger, dry cough, episodic and periodic
– Abdominal pain, nausea, IBS
– Bladder pain/dysfunction, interstitial cystitis
– Joint and muscle pain, weakness, twitches
– Profound fatigue, complete loss of aerobic exercise tolerance
– Sweats (night/day), chills, flushes, dizziness
– Insomnia, profound brain fog, poor balance
– Anxiety, panic, OCD, irritability, agitation, impulsivity, ADD, emotionality
– Hypercoagulability

Symptoms of ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID DISORDER
- Blood clots
- Miscarriages—these can occur at any stage of pregnancy but are most common in the late first trimester or early second trimester
- Pre-eclampsia, eclampsia, fetal growth retardation, premature delivery
- Heart attacks, angina
- Strokes
- Brief stroke-like episodes called transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), for example, loss of vision
- Decreased levels of platelets (small blood cells involved in blood clotting)
- Heart valve problems
- Persistent or transient blotchy, lacy bluish rash (livedo reticularis)
- Skin ulcers
- “Catastrophic” APS—a very rare, life-threatening syndrome in which clots form in small blood vessels of multiple organs (such as heart, lungs, brain, kidneys)
- Problems with thinking clearly (loss of concentration, difficulty with reading comprehension and performing calculations, memory loss)
- Neurological problems similar to multiple sclerosis.
- Migraine headaches, sometimes with visual disturbances
- Other neurological symptoms including episodes of partial or total vision loss, dizziness, vertigo, loss of balance, seizures, and other abnormal movements

http://protomyxzoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Protomyxzoa_rheumatica.pdf

http://apsfa.org/aps/

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement