LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » vitamin c iv

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vitamin c iv
overlyme
Member # 43455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone tried this? I tried it and felt awful afterwards.I have epstein barr and lyme..dont want to try again..

--------------------
been there done that!

Posts: 93 | From ny | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take liposomal Vit C, and this is even stronger than IV Vit C!!

It can hit like a hammer. You gotta start slow.

I think the secret of vitamin C is to do a multi C approach, not a single C approach, meaning, you got to mix other forms of vitamin C into your regimen, and that spread during the day, so that the killing effect of IV Vit C and Lipo Vit C will be easier...

Read this short article to understand why...

For some reason I can't post the link to the article.

Just google "Multi-C protocol dr Levy". The article is called

"Reversing disease with the Multi-C protocol"

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The synergistic effect of a multi-C protocol, by dr Levy

In most significant chronic diseases, multiple areas of the body have increased oxidative stress and decreased stores of vitamin C and other antioxidants.

Since the goal of vitamin C therapy is to neutralize as much oxidative stress and damage as possible, taking as many different types of vitamin C as possible can give the positive clinical results not seen with one, or even two types of vitamin C.

The four main arms of the 'multi-C' protocol are:

1. Liposome-encapsulated vitamin C, 1 to 5 grams orally daily (not homemade formulations)

(Brussels: this goes intracelular)

2. Sodium ascorbate daily up to or reaching bowel tolerance (C-flush)

(Brussels: this cleans extracellular, blood, lymph, urine)

3. Ascorbyl palmitate, 1 to 3 grams orally daily

(Brussels: it acts like a fat soluble vitamin, going to fat soluble deposits, unlike 'normal' vitamin C).

4. Intravenous vitamin C (sodium ascorbate or buffered ascorbic acid), 25 to 150 grams, depending on body size.

Sometimes daily initially, and often several times weekly to monthly depending upon clinical circumstances.

(Brussels, this raises the level of Vit C very fast!).

The multi-C protocol is especially effective because:

1. The liposomes put vitamin C inside (intracellular) the diseased cells and the circulating immune cells without the consumption of energy.

2. The oral sodium ascorbate continues to saturate the extracellular areas with vitamin C while neutralizing the toxic products of poor digestion, shared by everyone to a greater or lesser degree.

(Brussels: if you feel miserable after IV Vit C, it means you need still a lot of SA during the day, multiple doses, to be able to cope with die off / herxes too)

3. The ascorbyl palmitate gets the normally water-soluble vitamin C into fat-soluble areas.

4. The intravenous vitamin C gets temporarily astronomical blood concentrations of vitamin C throughout the body."

--------------

" Additional factors come into play, however, when treating chronic infections and chronic degenerative diseases, like LYME , cancer, and coronary heart disease.

While I feel that access to quality lypo-C is the best option if only one option is available, I strongly recommend motivated individuals take as many types of vitamin C that they can if they are not getting satisfactory results with just one form.

However, as is reflected on the multi-C protocol, using both lypo-C orally and vitamin C intravenously, along with regular vitamin C and ascorbyl palmitate, can have what appears to be a synergistic effect over just upping the dose of one form to as high as possible for as long as possible."

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

<Lyme disease treatment with vit C and other stuff

"In order to successfully combat Lyme,
one needs to employ different strategies for
the different stages.

During acute flares, high-
dose intravenous Vitamin C administered
under medical supervision allows the blood
levels to attain a high saturation point of
the vitamin, which can effectively kill the
spirochete and possibly the cystic forms.

Whether it kills the CWD forms is less certain.

During maintenance periods, most dosing
can be done orally with liposomal Vitamin
C.

Liposomal C is an effective tool against
ENCYSTED forms as it has been demonstrated to
penetrate readily through cell walls and even
into organelles within the cells (Levy 2002).

Liposomal C is made by wrapping a phospholipid
around the vitamin and creating a hydrophilic
layer very similar to cell membranes.

Liposomal Vitamin C has about five
times the bioavailability of regular oral forms.

My own clinical experience with patients is that oral doses are needed in order to deal with the endotoxins Bb emits when dying.

Vitamin C has a remarkable ability to bind with endotoxins of all sorts and render them harmless.

Even if a patient does not do intravenous
Vitamin C, in milder cases liposomal C can
be very useful in driving LYME disease into
latency and in managing the Herxheimer
effects caused by herbal or antibiotic
therapy.

If spirochetes are dying an individual may be taking up to 60 g of liposomal C with no ill effects at all.

Once the acute phase is over, Vitamin C therapy can become oral only, although I often suggest one IV treatment of 125 g a month as a safety measure for several years.

I do not know if one can truly ever say that
they have eradicated Lyme disease due to its
ability to survive in a dormant state for long
periods.

But as long as a person has a method
for remaining asymptomatic, then they have, for
all intents and purposes, succeeded in defeating
the disease.

Vitamin C therapy can provide this,
and with a minimum of cost and hardship."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement