LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Picking your brains for a super supplement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Picking your brains for a super supplement
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need lymenet good brains to help me to make a list of very good vitamin/ mineral mixture that should work for 'maintenance', once a chronic disease is gone (example, lyme).

In the past, I haven't supplemented, but I think today it was a mistake.

With age, toxins, pollution, I think we need some good supplements to help us - instead of only accumulating our daily dose of pesticides, fungicides, glyphosate, aluminum, mercury, lead and all toxins in food, cosmetics, water, air....

In my opinion, the need of supplementation is only to give a boost to the body, so that it does NOT allow too many toxins to settle and to support the body to fight infections, detox well, get its nutrition etc.

Since I started supplementing with liposomal C, I can clearly see the difference in terms of energy, for example.

I was never a big supplement taker (I took mostly in homeopathic forms), that is why I need your help for suggesting ideas...

-----------------------------------------
WHAT are the main 3 or 4 Vitamins / supplements / oils / drops that you think are ESSENTIAL to be taken DAILY to maintain your health?

I'll start:
- vit C (in any form)
- Vit D3 + K2
- good bioavailable Magnesium
- B12 vitamin AND/ or B complex vitamins

What do you think?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Levy has his own ideas: Best ingredients to have in your one-a-day supplement

IN summary:

Vitamin A

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, folate and B12)

D3 (high dose about 5,000 U after blood test)
+ K (right dose)

magnesium glycinate (multi hundred mg a day)

----------
He strictly recommends to stay away from calcium, copper and iron (iron only if your levels are low).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just added Pure encapsulations "MicroDenfense" for daily maintenance. It says take 1 per day before meal along with 8oz of water. And for only 1 - 2 months.

I am taking 2 per day for 1 month only.

It contains;

Berberine 100mg (antimicrobial / rebalance gut flora)
Artemisia 200mg (potent blood antiparasitic)
Grapefruit Seed Extract. 85mg - not to be confused with grape seed extract. (natural antibiotic-used for prevention and treatment of Candida)
Olive Leaf Extract 100mg (natural antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal, antiprotozoal)
Clove 75mg (strongest antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, antifungal, best for treatment of bartonella)

Will update progress in 1 month if I remember, ha ha.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had to take one supplement to support and maintain my immune system over my entire life, it would be vitamin C taken daily to bowel tolerance, with once a week vitamin C flushes, which tell you how much C to take the other days of the week.

For a description of how to take vitamin C to bowel tolerance, visit this website:
https://www.perque.com/lifestyle/self-tests/ascorbate-cleanse/

Posts: 242 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Thank you, Bonnie and GVS!

Yes, please report back, Bonnie.

And GVS, do you take Asc Acid or Sodium ascorbate??

Brussels
Member # 13480

I just read the website GVS suggested and found some interesting suggestions to add to Ascorbate:

- Choline Citrate: (1 teaspoon = 1,300 mg.) – 1 teaspoon twice daily in juice or water

-Magnesium: 110 mg. elemental twice daily

-L-Glutamine: 1,500 mg. L-Glutamine + 500 mg. PAK (the PAK recycles / potentiatesGlutamine so less is needed) or the equivalent = 15 grams of L-Glutamine free-form amino acid, twice daily.

When digestive problems and inflammation are significant:

-Probiotics: 2-4 capsules of multiple cultured human strains of lactobacillus/bifidobacteriumbacteria with each meal.

-Flavanoid/flavanol repair combination: 2-10 tablets of 500 mg. quercetin dihydrate plus5 mg. Proanthocyanidins/soluble OPC twice daily.

Brussels
Member # 13480

I talked to a doctor today, and he said: Omega 3 fatty acids.

"When it comes to fat, there's one type you don’t want to cut back on: omega-3 fatty acids.

Two crucial ones -- EPA and DHA -- are primarily found in certain fish.

ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), another omega-3 fatty acid, is found in plant sources such as nuts and seeds.

Not only does your body need these fatty acids to function, but also they deliver some big health benefits."

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Re: L-Glutamine -- and RISKS of taking supplemental

posted: " . . . -L-Glutamine: 1,500 mg. L-Glutamine + 500 mg. PAK (the PAK recycles / potentiatesGlutamine so less is needed) or the equivalent = 15 grams of L-Glutamine free-form amino acid, twice daily. . . . " (end quote)

NOT for anyone with neurolyme, CFS, ME, FM, MS, etc.

- No additional at all - it can cause great damage to the nerves. Here's how & why:
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
L-Glutamine / Glutamic Acid / Glutamine RISKS

can help heal the gut lining, however, it may be best to start with a very tiny dose like 1/8 teaspoon - but even that can be dangerous for some with lyme

for those with neurological issues,

be very careful with only the lowest dose possible (if other things do not first work). Here's why: too much can damage our nerve cells because of the myelin sheath compromise lyme causes.

It can also lower the seizure threshold severely. I found that out the hard way, over and over as it was not clear to me until I stumbled upon the articles in set below.

It can also make anxiety zoom to the moon. Same with tinnitus.

How? Below:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG (monosodium glutamate) and can be very excitatory
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vitamin C I take is C-Salts made by Wholesale Nutrition. It works well with the C flushes described by Russell Jaffe.

As a pH neutral (pH 7.0) vitamin C highly buffered by magnesium, potassium, and calcium ascorbates, this product will raise people's alkalinity (perhaps too much -- need to monitor morning urinary pH) and will not bother anyone with a sensitive stomach or GERD. Someone with an open ulcer could take this product withour irritation.

It's also reasonably priced, especially in the larger size.

GVS

Posts: 242 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement