LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » liver support question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: liver support question
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more question please!

I ordered the Liver Protect by Xygomen. I want to make sure that I can take it with or close to my antibiotics as long as I'm not taking Mepron.

I don't start Mepron for several more weeks.

Also, Keebler mentioned that I should still be able to take the Milk Thistle along with Mepron as long as it's spaced way apart. Can anyone tell me how far away it needs to be?

I'm getting up in the middle of the night to take my activated charcoal anyway, so I'm wondering if that would be a good time to take it.

I take the activated charcoal about six hours after my last antibiotics of the day and four hours away from my nighttime meds. If I could take it then, it would be six hours away from any Mepron.

Thanks if you can help.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
re: " . . . Milk Thistle along with Mepron" . . . (along meaning in the same treatment protocol, just not alongside)

Well, six hours certainly sounds about as far away as possible but remember, it has to be both directions of the clock -- in the middle of a window of time.

3 am is the time the liver is working hardest to do its job and to repair. My assumption might be that milk thistle would be advantageous then but I've never searched for the answer. Usually, what we take prior to bedtime will help us all night.

Yet, if don't loose on sleep to take anything, I think, as sleep is when our brains clean out the trash, too. Two or three REM cycles is important. Sleep is so very vital.

If you happen to be awake, well, then, that's one thing. Or if you have an acute infection / fever and short acting Rx and you need to keep the dose steady, perhaps then being woken up might be the compromise.

No, you cannot take milk thistle or many other liver supports close to antibiotics. Needs to be ideally at least 3 hours separate by both clock directions.

Two hours might be okay (might?) but it's best to discuss all this with your LLMD (if they understand how each supplement works that you desire to add).

Same principle: many liver support herbs enhance liver function and help move the metabolic trash out (so to speak( and can, therefore, cause any Rx to be depleted in therapeutic dose if taken too close together.

It depends on each Rx - their "half life" and time they take / stay in your body . . . and the function and properties of individual herbs or nutrients if you might be talking about NAC a common liver helper (N-Acetyl Cysteine).

If would be possible to study with good web sources from the LL ND books or maybe Dr. H's books.

Stephen Buhner's books may also detail time for various Rx / support separations.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Some good results with a search at Google for:

mepron, timing of liver support herbs

The Dr. McF search result is gold.

It may not be just that mepron could get sweep up in a liver cleaning wave, it may be other interactions, too. tje "s" on the word has me wondering if it's that one "getting caught up in the trash going out" sort of thing or others, too.

But she's got other suggestions to save the day. You need not buy the exact product she might recommend but take note of ingredients. She is one if the most trusted LL NDs and highly informed.

You might also search her writings (articles, newer books) for any updates.- and YouTube lectures. At Amazon, you can often look inside a book and even search key words to see some blurbs.

http://www.lymebook.com/liver

The Lyme Diet by Dr. Nicolla McFadzean, ND (2010)

Liver Support

Excerpt:

. . . Favorite: Dr. Nicola’s Detox Support Formulas – these are blends of herbs that are specially formulated to help cleanse and detoxify the liver, offsetting some of the potential side effects of medications.

There are two formulas – Detox Support #1 which contains milk thistle, and Detox Support #2 which does not contain milk thistle. I recommend Detox Support #1 for everyone except

those taking Mepron and Malarone. Because of possible interactions between Mepron and Malarone and milk thistle, those people are advised to take Detox Support #2.

Even patients who are not on medications benefit from the cleansing effects of these liver herbs, and many report rapid symptom improvement.

Both formulas are low-alcohol formulas, and are dosed at 30-40 drops three times daily. . . .
-

[ 11-17-2018, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Hope it helps as you study all the choices and literature out there.
Best, of course, when you own LLMD can comment on things you find of interest. Take care.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement