LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » fecal transplant scheduled in 25 days; won't make it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fecal transplant scheduled in 25 days; won't make it
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
liver going south, allergic to most of my supps, including milk thistle; going to have to go off all infection-killing supps -- colloidal silver for lyme and cos., garlic for parasites, probtiotics for candida and c. diff

I've tried to go off infection-killing supps before; first day is great as toxins clear; second day, every time, infections snap back, and I go back on the infection killing stuff again.
don't have the option of doing that this time
body will be overwhelmed by inflammation from infections, but alternative is having liver go south

Good sleep meds tonight, will have energy tomorrow
Down to about 10 safe foods, not enough

In aftermath of getting rid of c diff have fecal transplant scheduled soon; have heard great things about them, but 25 days from now had just as well be 25 years

Tincup, if you tell me to change my mindset, I'm going to tell you to spend a day in this body

Why can't I just be and be OK? Not since I was bitten in 2003 cleaning brush out of our backyard ditch.

GVS

Posts: 163 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why can't I just be and be OK?"

I had more or less the same thought about 10 minutes ago. I have Babesia duncani. I've been sick since 2010. Buhner herbs have helped me a lot, but I had to stop them recently due to sudden massive stomach problems, which may or may not be related to long-term use of alcoholic tinctures.

Without these tinctures, my Babs symptoms come back with a vengeance within days, and I'm afraid of dying. With tinctures, I double over due to stomach burning and GERD.

I don't know why we can't just "be and be and be okay". I won't tell you to change your mindset. I can't help you. I'm just writing to tell you that I understand the horrible situation you're in ...

--------------------
I appreciate all your replies. If it takes me a while to respond, it is either because I'm too sick or because I am unable to log in. From European servers, Lymenet is very frequently inaccessible for days at a time ...

Posts: 235 | From Europe | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GVS .. I've been down to fewer than 10 foods for about 5 years and am still sensitive to just about everything: salicylates, histamine, oxalates, gluten, nightshades, you name it. I'm trying to hang on to some dairy, but you know....

Just keep on keeping on. Continue to search for answers. Can you take anti-histamines or something like Pepcid? I take the combo to help my body not react so hard to everything. It really helps.

Don't give up yet!

PS .. I also take cromolyn sodium, which has been a HUGE help.

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 93563 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nula:
"Why can't I just be and be OK?"

I had more or less the same thought about 10 minutes ago. I have Babesia duncani. I've been sick since 2010. Buhner herbs have helped me a lot, but I had to stop them recently due to sudden massive stomach problems, which may or may not be related to long-term use of alcoholic tinctures.

Without these tinctures, my Babs symptoms come back with a vengeance within days, and I'm afraid of dying. With tinctures, I double over due to stomach burning and GERD.

I don't know why we can't just "be and be and be okay". I won't tell you to change your mindset. I can't help you. I'm just writing to tell you that I understand the horrible situation you're in ...

Not to hijack this thread, but have you tried putting the tinctures in very hot water and letting the alcohol evaporate before using them? Surely you've tried it, but if not, it might help---if the alcohol is the problem, that is.
Posts: 3597 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.