LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » lyme rage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lyme rage
kevin1983
Member # 51489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevin1983   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anybody went to prison for severe cases like this and it got pretty ugly when your not on treatment? i dont have any llmds where i live here in dayton, can somebody help?
Posts: 81 | From ohio | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissVictoria
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissVictoria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe post in the Seeking A Doctor forum to ask for recommendations for LLMDs and Lyme-literate psychologists and psychiatrists in your area.

Bach Flower Remedies are great for emotional healing.

It's really important to get a lot of rest and take good care of yourself while you're going through this. When you feel a mood coming on, it might be a good idea to just stay home and not over-exert yourself. Maybe put on some soothing music and light an aromatherapy lavender candle, take a bath, take a walk outside, etc. Whatever you find soothing.

Posts: 241 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent for OH.

Here is a link for a good but lengthy abstract written by the top LL Psychiatrist, Dr. B, titled "Neuropsychiatric Lyme Borreliosis":

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6165408/

Check the online state Lyme groups at:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OhioLyme/info

Maybe they can help. They would know better about OH.

Some more resources for you (including Support Groups info):
http://whatislyme.com/lyme-in-ohio/

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/Ohio/

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
MV & H&P offer very good ideas.

From my perspective / experiences not in rage but in a "medical emergency" and need to just STOP & GET DOWN.

I deal with sensory startle / triggered seizures and some of the ADRENAL OVERLOAD that precedes - and that may also be relevant to your case.

What I've learned if I am overloaded whether by deep sudden fatigue or sensory stimulation around me, if I am so lucky to get the CUE . . . I've learned the hard way to not ignore it.

I GET DOWN, GET QUIET, close my eyes and try to adjust as best possible what's coming in sensory wise.

If thoughts / emotional reactions also add to your plate, you might benefit by also just STOPPING whatever thoughts, feelings you have.

If angry or justified in upset - PUT THAT ON HOLD. Just take that "driver of your bus" off duty, put in the back of your "bus" and make note that you can attend to the aspects of that later on. So your feelings will be acknowledged

but - right then and there - you are literally about to have a real medical emergency (which rage most certainly is).

Triage management comes first in that moment.

Clue those who may be around you often of your new technique.

I don't care where you are or what you are doing, treat this like a real medical emergency and stop, quiet, retreat if possible.

In addition to addressing infections,
'
be mindful of how certain mood / sleep meds might affect you if you take those. Some can cause people to go into a rage or crash.

things that help: adrenal support; magnesium;

Get a glucose meter at home to be sure your blood sugar is not zooming high or crashing down.

good diet that is low in processed foods and has enough protein

and good fats (see Nina Teicholz' book: The Big Fat Surprise - for how fats can really help with the myelin sheath around nerves - and that can help prevent meltdowns.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Also vital: avoid all FLUORESCENT lights, compact CFL, etc.

LEDs - a good brand, not a cheap dollar store one - better.

I have lamps in my kitchen so never turn on that awful overhead fixture.

"Naked" light bulbs also can stress anyone's neuro calm.

Fluorescent lights can trigger seizures for some. And, to me, it seems that rage can be on the seizure spectrum of neuro overload and need to let some steam escape sort of thing.

Also avoid SCENTED products and chemicals and places where they are storming at you.

Best to also avoid big box stores and the like.

If you have a gas stove-top, turn on the exhaust fan just before either turning on or off the burning. And if other gas appliacnes in your home, be sure the fittings are tight and also do a full home air flush as least once a day.

These scent and visual cues can put on in jeopardy if they have any kinds of neuro or adrenal stress.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Andrographis is one herb that helps me with bartonella like symptoms such as plantar fasciatiis (feet pain) and also calms adrenals.

See Stephen Buhner's books on lyme, and also on coinfections such as bartaonella.

Bartonella is one of the coinfections that often can affect rage.

If you have a pet dog or cat, also get them checked for bartonella just in case you might be picking that up from them.

---

CELL PHONE? If you have at home a land line phone, use that for all your calls. If you have a cell phone - do not carry that on your body or have it near you. Keep it yards away when possible and then only use for short periods of time.

Never be close to your cell phone charger. Keep all electronics out of your bedroom and away from any nap or rest place. It matters. A lot.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
As your sort out possible treatment options - and order or find lyme support group book loan - for Buhner's books,

I have found Berberine to REALLY help with my mood, it lessens inflammation (and that can lead to rage for some when the brain is inflamed) . . .

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=121034;p=0

BERBERINE – LINKS SET

Pulling just one link from that for a quick start to reading:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/06/22/berberine-benefits.aspx

Benefits of Berberine

By Dr. Mercola - June 22, 2015
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Also to consider as help while you sort out more:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/119089?#000000

ANDROGRAPHIS paniculata - LINKS SET

&

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030549;p=0

OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT – LINKS
-

kevin1983
Member # 51489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevin1983   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just need somebody to help me locate a llmd in ohio that accepts medicaid since thats what im on and my ssi that i filed for recently is being considered for review. I have no other source of income to afford treatment otherwise. I just suspect with my visual snow, tinnitus, neurological impairment mimicking bipolar, crawling bugs sensation in scalp, pins and needles that this is some spirchochete infection as my western blot came back positive for band 41 on igG section. my doctor doesnt know the defintion of these antibodies. Im just lost where to begin and psychiatrists with their poisons screwing me more. Im just upset with this whole situation and dont know if im on the correct path on getting better or not
Posts: 81 | From ohio | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissVictoria
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissVictoria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post in the Seeking A Doctor forum
Posts: 241 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact the Ohio Lyme Support Groups I gave you. I don't know of any LLMD who takes Medicaid, unfortunately.

Here is a link found on Lymenet for "Financial Help and Other Information":

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=023463;p=0

This is a link from the Lyme Disease United Coalition for all sorts of resources (Financial included):

http://www.lduc.org/lyme-disease-resources

"Help For You" link here...

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/help-for-you

http://whatislyme.com/assistance/

Btw - please break up your posts into 2-3 sentence paragraphs, as there are people on Lymenet who cannot read large blocks of text due to neurological problems from Lyme.

To do this click the pencil/paper icon, make your changes, then click "Edit Post". Thanks.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement