LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » salt vitamin c protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: salt vitamin c protocol
marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this from years ago and still see it on the internet & a book for this protocol. Is it real? Is it safe? Does it work?
Posts: 509 | From southern new jersey | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's all it was cracked up to be. I never tried it because I can't overdo it on salt and I react to Vitamin C.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know were all different but sea salt and I switched out vit C for Turmeric and it healed me 99%

search my posts about salt protocol and vit D3 a few years back

it healed me no more MS thank you Jesus

good luck guys
Scott

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what did you do?
1g salt and 1g tumeric in water and gradually increase to (what dosage)?

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried salt/vitamin C. No effect at all. Wasted my time.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a member of the salt/c discussion board for years and did the protocol to the extent I could, which was 6 grams of salt/c per day. For a person of average body weight the recommended dose was 12 grams of salt and 12 grams of vitamin C per day.

The combination of salt and C provides the holy grail of what people on antibiotics have been unsucessfuly seeking for years or decades -- effective and complete killing of lyme and its coinfections with agents that are not only nontoxic but boost immunity. Salt is also a good antiparasitic agent. Those are the pluses of this protocol.

The minus part is the harsh die-off. Some people can take it, others can't. Detox is critical.

Using other agents, like tumeric, as a substitute for the vitamin C component of salt/C would render the protocol ineffective. It is the combination of these two unique agents that kill all bacterial infections using osmotic pressure, exploding cell walls of pathogens from the inside out.

I don't know why participation in this protocol and the dicusssion board that helps people with it has dwindled down so low these past few years. My best guesses are that so many people seemed to be finding relief from Andrew Cutler's mercury detox, and the declining input of the group's moderator, the creator, brains, and driving force behind the protocol, provided a one-two punch to this group that has left it a ghost of its former self.

A pity. People spend lifetimes searching for an effective cure for lyme, and salt/c is effective.
If you can tolerate it, there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

GVS

Posts: 242 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GVS-I abandoned the protocol because it did not work.

I would bet, that like yourself, a lot of people cannot tolerate it.

I felt nothing from it. Nothing bad but no herx and no gains.

So, I respectfully disagree with you that the salt vitamin C protocol is effective.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, taking high doses of Vitamin C can throw cause a really big problem with oxalates.

Just a heads up.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who take doses of 6 grams a day and above of salt/c and who don't experience die-off don't have lyme, they have other issues that are mimicking lyme -- mold toxicity, heavy metals, etc.

Mast Cell Activation Disorder could accurately be named Vitamin C deficiency.

GVS

Posts: 242 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

P.S. -- none of this is personal, just what I believe.

GVS

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How did you decide that anaphylaxis is caused by a Vitamin C deficiency?

Pretty big leap.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GVS:

Mast Cell Activation Disorder could accurately be named Vitamin C deficiency.

GVS

Sorry, but this is complete nonsense.
Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Because it's an effective antihistamine, having adequate levels of C inhibits allergic response. No allergies, no anaphylaxis.

One or two grams of C isn't enough. The key is to take it to bowel tolerance, as described on Russell Jaffe's webpage:

https://www.perque.com/lifestyle/self-tests/ascorbate-cleanse/

People who take vitamin C according to this protocol can eat whatever they want from a whole foods diet because their allergies go away. It takes about 12-18 months, maybe longer for people who have additional conditions like Lyme.

GVS

LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Sea salt does all the killing you need, wait till you see the worms you kill and crap out the sea salt is all you need to kill all the crap in your body and the tumeric helps greatly with the die off inflammation also

d3 level should be kept between 60 and 80 i am healed, this and god stopped MS lesions in there tracks 7 years ago

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

i took the turmeric to tolerance and worked the salt up slow and this is a must you need to drink half your body weight in fluid ounces of water to protect you from all the salt ps use sea salt not table salt
it works guys

--------------------
LSG Scott

Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LSG Scott:
you need to drink half your body weight in fluid ounces of water to protect you from all the salt

Are you serious? If you weight 80 kg then you drink 40LITER daily???

Yeah...

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broxin
Member # 52040

I tried the protocol for a few days and my whole body began to itch.
Broxin
Member # 52040

quote:
i took the turmeric to tolerance

What are the signs of this tolerance? Headache? Diarehea?
SDAR
Member # 51751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SDAR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i took the turmeric to tolerance and worked the salt up slow and this is a must you need to drink half your body weight in fluid ounces of water to protect you from all the salt ps use sea salt not table salt
it works guys

Scott can you please give more info on how you treated with the Seasalt? Is there a specific brand to use, how much and how often? I am a female 5'4 118 lbs. I will also discuss with my LLMD at my next visit.
Posts: 36 | From NH | Registered: Nov 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

The Salt/C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection by M. Fett is a book that describes the complete salt/c protocol.

It is available in paperback on amazon.com for $39.95.

It is available for download on http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/.

GVS

no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Save your $39.95. There are more than enough summaries of this protocol for free on the internet.

Basically, you are going to find some high quality salt (Celtic, Himalayan, etc.), take it with some Vitamin C (dosages can be readily found, again for free), and hope that it kills whatever microorganisms in your body have been making you sick.

You will probably experience some herxes, you might have to play around with the dosage to find what is right for you, and as with all treatments Lyme, you will have people swearing by this and others that it did not help at all.

Save your money, there won't be any 'secret' information in that book.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Here is just one summary of this protocol:

http://kurtsprotocol.blogspot.com/2005/07/executive-summary-of-saltc.html

Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started the sea salt Friday morning. I feel horrible but no different from how I've felt the last 10+ weeks to be honest, so I cannot truly determine if it's a herx or just the overall sick feeling from the EBV? Or both? My EBV titers are higher than they were last spring. Desperate to feel better, its been a living nightmare the last couple months now. If you've read my previous posts you'll see what's been going on.
Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement