LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is Lyme & co pre existing condition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Lyme & co pre existing condition
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called Bc of concern with corona and ask my land if lyme and it’s partners are a pre existing condition that cause me to be at greater risk of death then average person. I’m 37, he reviewed my file and said well I wouldn’t consider you greater risk to die from it. I’ve had penoumia

I think I have corona and I’m gonna die. Please pray for me. I have a once and three year old

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone

--------------------

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing prayers being sent to you Clint31.

Corona testing is scarce, with many huddles to clear before they will even offer you one. Such as have you traveled to epidemic regions (Lyme patients broken record as to speak), have you ruled out other infections, have you been close to someone who has tested positive (how would you even know if no one can get tested?) or does your doctor think it is medically warranted.

Corona Virus symptoms;
https://us9.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u=2bb390586605565dba4f9b755&id=e464b46d7d

Ohio Corona Virus website;
https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/know-our-programs/Novel-Coronavirus/2019-nCoV

As of Lyme and company being a pre-existing condition, it all depends on who you talk to.

According to insurance companies, it is. Try getting life insurance or any new medical insurance. Medicare advantage plans (I know you're young but might be on disability) cannot deny you coverage but implement a 6 month waiting period and even though it's illegal, many insurances charge a 25% premium surcharge.

Some insurance companies do background checks on all your medical providers and procedures up to 12 months prior..

But from a Social Security standpoint, Lyme Disease is not listed as a qualifying disability although you can submit letters written from your doctors (we always have a boatload of doctors) that limit your daily functions, such as standing, walking, cognitive disabilities, lifting, sitting, fatigue issues, ect.

I know you are worried and rightfully so.
They are recommending not to go to your doctor or ER without calling first. SO CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lyme patients are at a greater disadvantage because our immune systems are altered and lowered from fighting other infections. Stay hydrated. Keep the pressure on your doctor(s) to get tested. More tests will be available in 2 weeks and that is unacceptable.

Remember the flu is going around too so be prepared to hear that come out of their mouths. With your previous pnenoumia, they should respect your request and offer you a test.

Let us know how you make out and how you are feeling.
Worried about you but remaining hopeful. ❤️💚

[ 03-13-2020, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Bartenderbonnie ]

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

They aren’t gonna let me get tested. They said I don’t meet the requirements and go to the ER only if I can’t breathe. If I can’t breathe I’ll call 911. I knew it would be this way when I heard about Coronavirus. I think I have it and it’s caused the start of pneumonia again. I guess I’ll just lay here as I feel my killing go into fibrosis. And let it kill me. This is so sad

Need prayers.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of us will be fine. If you don't already have asthma, then you will be a step ahead for sure.

Hang in there. Do exactly what they said. Go to the ER if you have trouble breathing. You are YOUNG. You will make it just fine.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take TUDCA (a taurine conjugated bile salt) for C. Pneumoniae triggered asthma.

Coughing a LOT is the key symptom of C. pneumonia - very common - as a co-infection also! Azithromycin is the drug of choice.

Codeine or Gabapentin can help with coughing. !2 hour Robitussin is good too.

Asthma meds may help - esp. a Ventolin inhaler or same med (albuterol) in a nebulizer called Duo Neb.

Blood tests might help with diagnosis...if COVID-19, CRP will be up as will ferritin.

Leukopenia, lymphocytopenia and eosinophil cytopenia are more common in COVID-19 patients than those in non- COVID-19 patients.

A CT scan may show ground glass opacities (I had them with Cpn),

COVID-19 is unlike SARS or MERS because it’s more likely to involve ***both lungs*** on initial imaging instead of only one (as seen on a CT scan).

CT results revealed patients with COVID-19 pneumonia had imaging features like ground-glass opacities, mixed ground-glass opacities and consolidation, vascular enlargement in the lesion, and traction bronchiectasis.

Lesions detected by CT imagery were more likely to feature bilateral involvement, peripheral distribution, to be lower lung predominant, and to be multifocal.

CT provides best diagnosis for COVID-19

Date:
February 26, 2020

Source:
Radiological Society of North America

Summary:

In a study of more than 1,000 patients published in the journal Radiology, chest CT outperformed lab testing in the diagnosis of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The researchers concluded that CT should be used as the primary screening tool for COVID-19.

COVID-19 patients USUALLY hav a fever of about 100.4.

In China, CT scans were done PrIOR to PCR tests.

We don't have enough swab tests which only cost about $35-50.

Probiotics are CRITICAL. Probiotic 12 on Amazon has a very beneficial probiotic in the formula called Lactobacillus paracasei.

Women are less likely to get COVID-19 (not OLDER women though).

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nuts that they don't let you get tested in some way. I think you should get tested if you think you might have it. Maybe check around some more in your area for possible places to go to get tested. Also check out Marnie's suggestion re getting a CT scan.

You ask if Lyme and co's are pre-existing conditions. Anything that weakens our immune system falls into that category.

So, I suggest we all boost our immune systems as much as we can. Here are some suggestions:

1) Vitamin C - take to tolerance - ie before diarrhea might start. You can take 1000mg at a time, even 2-3,000 together, and take around the clock. Excellent anti-viral, and cheap.

2) Vitamin D - it's good for the immune system. Liquid and capsules. Also some sun if you happen to have any!

3) Vitamin A is supposed to be against viruses.

4) Zinc is anti-viral.

5) Turmeric, which is just about good for anything that ails us, is also good for anti-viral. I get it in bulk powder at the health food store, dip empty 00-size capsules in it, take one in the morning and evening.

6) Mushrooms are anti-viral! In capsule form, the product Host Defense has 17 ground-up mushrooms, take 2 in the am and pm. You can also eat shiittake, reishi, maitake, etc mushrooms in salads, in miso soup, etc.

Also, don't eat sugar!! It clumps white cells for hours afterwards so they're not available to protect us. Eating sugar in fruit is semi-ok, as there's fiber to slow down the absorption.

I suggest, that instead of scaring yourself thinking about negative futures, that you focus on "What could I do now?" and start to investigate any possibilities that will protect your health. No one knows what tomorrow will bring, so let's try to create one that we want.

Open for discussion since you sound kinda upset here, and legitimately so. I'm just trying to give you some alternative ideas to look into.

[ 03-14-2020, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good advice, Robin!

Testing is on its way. They are working on a plan so everyone can go to a Target or Walmart to be tested.

I imagine people will be lining up even if they are not ill.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
That's nuts that they don't let you get tested in some way. I think you should get tested if you think you might have it. Maybe check around some more in your area for possible places to go to get tested. Also check out Marnie's suggestion re getting a CT scan.

You ask if Lyme and co's are pre-existing conditions. Anything that weakens our immune system falls into that category.

So, I suggest we all boost our immune systems as much as we can. Here are some suggestions:

1) Vitamin C - take to tolerance - ie before diarrhea might start. You can take 1000mg at a time, even 2-3,000 together, and take around the clock. Excellent anti-viral, and cheap.

2) Vitamin D - it's good for the immune system. Liquid and capsules. Also some sun if you happen to have any!

3) Vitamin A is supposed to be against viruses.

4) Zinc is anti-viral.

5) Turmeric, which is just about good for anything that ails us, is also good for anti-viral. I get it in bulk powder at the health food store, dip empty 00-size capsules in it, take one in the morning and evening.

6) Mushrooms are anti-viral! In capsule form, the product Host Defense has 17 ground-up mushrooms, take 2 in the am and pm. You can also eat shiittake, reishi, maitake, etc mushrooms in salads, in miso soup, etc.

Also, don't eat sugar!! It clumps white cells for hours afterwards so they're not available to protect us. Eating sugar in fruit is semi-ok, as there's fiber to slow down the absorption.

I suggest, that instead of scaring yourself thinking about negative futures, that you focus on "What could I do now?" and start to investigate any possibilities that will protect your health. No one knows what tomorrow will bring, so let's try to create one that we want.

Open for discussion since you sound kinda upset here, and legitimately so. I'm just trying to give you some alternative ideas to look into.

I’m not worried about the future.

I have had pneumonia twice. I know what it feels like. 3 days into abx treatment my lung still hurts though my resting heart rate has lowered from 79 to 73- an indication that I am making some headway somehow

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you're making some progress! We all gotta figure this out and we're all different!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement