LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » COVID19 in Switzerland

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COVID19 in Switzerland
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching programs with medical doctors talking about their experiences for the worst cases of COVID19 here in Switzerland.

They all say children and all ages may end up in the oxygen machines. The virus does not ONLY affect the old, but of course, the older may have more tendency to go through complications.

So watch out for your kids too - they'll probably not die, fortunately, but they can end up in emergency stations like everyone else.

All say that many recover AFTER being in the breathing devices, so it's not a death sentence either.

We, here in Switzerland, have the largest amount of contamination (only losing to Italy)- I mean, we got the 2nd highest percentage of infected people.

Death tolls are still very low here (less than 1%) compared to Italy (that reached 8% at a certain point).

Switzerland has no problems of lack of emergency rooms or high tech equipment. What is lacking are masks, basically...

Just wanted to give you all some more info.

Swiss authorities are not panicking yet, we still have somehow freedom of movement. We only have recommendations to stay inside or avoid social contact, but that's it.

No big lack of products in the shops, except for
TOILET PAPER. [confused]

I'm wondering why. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info!! I had heard that it was pretty widespread in Switzerland. I'm happy to hear that the death rate is much lower than Italy's.

What is going on in Italy!?

Toilet paper.. Some of us have potty issues and it's the first thing we think of when a long term disaster hits. (like hurricanes here, etc)

I bought 40 rolls about 5 weeks ago. I am NOT a hoarder, by any means! I just got ready early.

Take care and keep us posted!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Tutu.

Yes, we're number 2 after Italy...
But so far, death rate is not much larger than seasonal flu...

The toilet paper thing...
Maybe it's symbolic!!

¨People are sh... in their pants with this corona story!!! [Big Grin]

If you have a house, just get prepared to do some gardening (at least, you can spend quality time in fresh air!!) - buy your pots, dirt, seeds before the shut down (if shops are still open).

Even a balcony.
I think the harder part here is the psychological part (isolation).

After being schooled by lyme, I'm REALLY not afraid of this corona story....

I'd rather have 100x corona than TBE lyme encephalitis, babesia or lyme disease again.

When you know no viral infection survives high dose vitamin C, why worry?

And guys with lyme that never catch cold/ flu may be even safer than the average population?!?

I don't remember having caught a SINGLE cold or flu during all the years I suffered from lyme.

Since lyme left us, we got like the others and caught colds on and off.... And the flu.

But as I said, I'm really not afraid as I'm cooking my liposomes, bought Buhner's tinctures (just in case, or as a support)....

I'm recently experimenting with licorice decoctions too, and having incredible results. This stuff is powerful. Buhner said it was specific against corona viruses too.

Anyway, I hope you guys don't panic.
I'm sure it's easy to deal with it compared to a hellish lyme treatment.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen this??

https://ncov2019.live/data

Sadly, there are many other countries with more cases than Switzerland. I sure hope you continue to do well.

Funny you mention plants and balconies. I bought FLOWERS on Monday so I could have something pretty to look at while we weather the storm.

I can't eat very many vegetables and I don't think my balcony will grow cabbages. Maybe I should try, though!!

I'm most worried about my asthma and the MCAS. I don't tolerate Vit C at all.

I think I'm going to buy a nebulizer. I should have bought it last month!

Take care!!

PS .. Our neighborhood usually grows a garden.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, what do you call a high dose of vitamin c? I'm thinking having my family taking vitamin c on a regular basis may be a very good idea.
Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

EmergenC

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MannaMe, IV Vit C bypasses the gut and that's why people can handle such a high dose delivered that way.

If oral, however, everyone's tolerance is different. I suggest going up on Vit C by 1000mg at a time, and backing down if there's any diarrhea.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Yep, follow your gut on vit C doses.

I produce my own liposomal vit C.
We consumed about 100 grams in about 8 days (a family of 3).

So in average we take about 4-5 grams per day, without any problem.

In case of trouble, we can easily take 10 grams, even more.

If I take BUFFERED vit C, I can only stand ONE DAY, about 1/2 a GRAM!! Next day, my stomach is in fire and I can't even eat well (it'll cause me diarrhea). So my tolerance to Ester C is only 0.5 gram per day, only 1x a week, which brings me nothing.

That's why I moved to liposomal Vit C. So far, I haven't found my upper limit. 10 grams/ day is still fine. No bowel tolerance.

I've been taking it for about 2 years (not daily, but regularly).

I posted here long ago. If anyone would like to try to produce its own, there's a good website with the best recipe I found.

qualityliposomalc.com

I also run a FB group called Liposomal Vitamins and Supplements, where I write ALL my liposomal recipes, if anyone is interested...

Brussels
Member # 13480

Lymetutu,

Yes, I know the crude numbers.
I was mentioning the PROPORTION of infected people by the total population.

Switzerland, a tiny country, cannot compete with you guys in the States, but proportionally, we have a more DENSE infection (you need to go to other sites to check for that, where they put the number of infected per MILLION inhabitants).

There are tiny islands now with higher percentage of infected than Italy and Switzerland, but we still win from China.... [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, it's not a fun situation for anyone...

Brussels
Member # 13480

Tutu, here it is.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Look at total infected per million, the last column.

In the last days, tiny countries (size of a city) have high numbers because their population is so small....

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried increasing my food product Vit C and it gave me diarrhea.

So I ordered in Buffered Vit C and some Rose Hips. I can't get above the 1000 a day of the buffered either without loose stools too.

Brussels, in the past I did Lipo Vit C but upon doing some reading and then research, I came across this bit of info a few months ago and for some reason I thought it was important to write it down in my binder as a reminder:

Citric Acid from China is Aspergillus Niger. Effervescent form of Vit C(asorbic acid) is Lipo Vit C

Don't know about you guys but I'm really questioning products from China. I tried to shop with that in mind before Corona, with clothing and household dishes, pans etc. Now to today is priority #1.

I'm glad the truth about production of the world's medicine coming out of China is being questioned.

Not only because of Corona, but due to the need to question everything about China and their products.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the info on the density. Makes sense!

As for toilet paper:

The Rapture has already happened and we missed it. The TP is all gone because "The Roll's Been Called up Yonder!"

[Big Grin] [spinning smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement